Anyone keeping baby name secret until birth?

Whimsy82

Reaction score
I am SO EXCITED that we finally decided on a name.

I do want to keep it a secret though. My DH is worried that we will be harrassed with people begging us to tell them. I'm kind of excited to keep people guessing.

Anyone else doing or has done this? What's your experience? And what is your reasoning for keeping the name a secret?

We want to keep the name a secret as well. One thing for us only to know until baby gets here! :)

If it's a girl, our immediate family already know - because it's the same name we would have gone with if DS had been a girl... if it's a boy though, it'll be a surprise - because we haven't even decided and probably won't until baby shows up!

It just adds to the fun I think :)

We will not be sharing the name until baby is born. Our experience with our daughter made us decide this.

With our daughter, we had such crap spewed at us about her name, I broke down on several occasions. My step-dad even had the balls to say "Did you name that kid Finley?" when I was recovering from my C-section.

Her name is Finley Giovanna, meaning "fair warrior, gift from above"

We're not finding out the gender and we're keeping our name choices under wraps. Mainly because as another poster said, people have opinions on everything and they are less likely to diss your choice when it is already a done deal. I already know my cousin who is also my best friend hates my choice for a girls name, but then she hated my daughter's name too. It is strange, my girl pick is Paige.... I have never heard someone hate that name as it is fairly classic but when I was mulling over names back in the winter my cuz made it clear that Paige 'is an awful name.'

She can bite me if we have a girl.

I also think it is more of an announcement when people don't know everything about the baby, I have never kept everything secret before but I am excited about it!

We will not be sharing the name until baby is born. Our experience with our daughter made us decide this.

With our daughter, we had such crap spewed at us about her name, I broke down on several occasions. My step-dad even had the balls to say "Did you name that kid Finley?" when I was recovering from my C-section.

Her name is Finley Giovanna, meaning "fair warrior, gift from above"

I LOVE the name Finley! But I totally get why you're doing it. We told our parents some names we were considering and you could just tell by the silence what they thought of it. One of the names pretty much went out of consideration after that.

I'm pretty sure everyone will like the name we picked though. My parents might like it more than his, but they were suggesting very old fashioned, traditional names...some I liked, some I didn't.

I think it will be fun too! I like the idea of people trying to guess and getting to be sly about it! And yeah, I want it to be a surprise for everyone else since we revealed the gender. I just have this vision in my head of DH going to the waiting room and announcing her name!

Yes I am.. only a few people knew with my son but this time no one not even my mom will know.. the easiest way that I found to shut her up about it is to tell her I haven't chosen yet lol

We're not finding out the gender and we're keeping our name choices under wraps. Mainly because as another poster said, people have opinions on everything and they are less likely to diss your choice when it is already a done deal. I already know my cousin who is also my best friend hates my choice for a girls name, but then she hated my daughter's name too. It is strange, my girl pick is Paige.... I have never heard someone hate that name as it is fairly classic but when I was mulling over names back in the winter my cuz made it clear that Paige 'is an awful name.'

She can bite me if we have a girl.

I also think it is more of an announcement when people don't know everything about the baby, I have never kept everything secret before but I am excited about it!

"She can bite me" should be all of our mottos when we're picking out names :haha:

I think Paige is cute! Maybe your cousin knew someone she hated named Paige lol

we will be keeping our name choice from friends and family purely because when we decide on a name that WE want then I don't want other peoples opinions putting me off and making me change my mind... at least when he is born, that is his name, and they can like it or tough lol x

we will be keeping our name choice from friends and family purely because when we decide on a name that WE want then I don't want other peoples opinions putting me off and making me change my mind... at least when he is born, that is his name, and they can like it or tough lol x

Yes, yes and YES! We have gone back and forth so much that I worry about my opinion being changed as well.....and I REALLY don't want to change the name this time!!

I'm opposite! We get so many "helpful" people dropping suggestions, I can't wait to find out if we're pink or blue so we can pick a name and stop the suggestions from other people! If we're blue, we have a name picked, if we're pink we'll have to endure the "help" for a while longer since we have no clue what to name a girl!

Yes I am.. only a few people knew with my son but this time no one not even my mom will know.. the easiest way that I found to shut her up about it is to tell her I haven't chosen yet lol

My DH wanted to consider telling people we just "haven't decided yet"

But honestly I am SO tired of the topic coming up and people immediately offering suggestions. I mean it's like .....Thanks....but....stop!

We're telling people we picked one out but we wont' tell yet!

I'm opposite! We get so many "helpful" people dropping suggestions, I can't wait to find out if we're pink or blue so we can pick a name and stop the suggestions from other people! If we're blue, we have a name picked, if we're pink we'll have to endure the "help" for a while longer since we have no clue what to name a girl!

I kind of wonder if people will still try and be "helpful" even if they know we have something picked out....I hope just hearing that we picked something keeps them from the name dropping!

I know how you feel though....it drives me bonkers!!! :wacko:

We are keeping it secret (I'll tell you ladies, of course), because I just don't want to hear it. For a girl, Ariel (Lioness of God: Also the archangel of animals), and for a boy, Gabriel (meaning: God is My Strength: Also the archangel of mothers and caregivers).

I know everyone will make comments about Ariel the mermaid... I did not pick the name because of that. I think it sounds lovely and I love the meaning. People don't think about these things... My DS is named Daniel, and we also think Ariel and Gabriel go well with the name Daniel.

Also, EVERYONE thinks they should be the "special" ones to know the name. "Oh come on, I'm your mother/best friend/sister/etc... you can tell me!" Nope, I won't. You'll have to be surprised like everyone else! Sorry!

We are keeping it secret (I'll tell you ladies, of course), because I just don't want to hear it. For a girl, Ariel (Lioness of God: Also the archangel of animals), and for a boy, Gabriel (meaning: God is My Strength: Also the archangel of mothers and caregivers).

I know everyone will make comments about Ariel the mermaid... I did not pick the name because of that. I think it sounds lovely and I love the meaning. People don't think about these things... My DS is named Daniel, and we also think Ariel and Gabriel go well with the name Daniel.

Also, EVERYONE thinks they should be the "special" ones to know the name. "Oh come on, I'm your mother/best friend/sister/etc... you can tell me!" Nope, I won't. You'll have to be surprised like everyone else! Sorry!

I'm ALREADY getting this.....*sigh* lol

I do think of the Little Mermaid too but it's not like it's a name original to that movie! My DH wanted to consider the name Ariel.

My names are no secret it's been talked about for over 2 years hahaha. Everyone in my life refers to the baby as the gender they are hoping for. For instance my cousin hopes it's a girl so she refers to the baby as Amanda Grace (my only girl name choice) and my BFF refers to the baby as Jackson Joseph (my top boy name choice but I also like Jacob Joseph) so a little torn. I don't mind because I have been pretty set on the names for so long. Just annoys me when people recommend different names when I am so sure and confident in the ones I have choosen. It irks me... DID I ASK you for a few suggestions!?? NO then shhhhhhhhhhh lol

My names are no secret it's been talked about for over 2 years hahaha. Everyone in my life refers to the baby as the gender they are hoping for. For instance my cousin hopes it's a girl so she refers to the baby as Amanda Grace (my only girl name choice) and my BFF refers to the baby as Jackson Joseph (my top boy name choice but I also like Jacob Joseph) so a little torn. I don't mind because I have been pretty set on the names for so long. Just annoys me when people recommend different names when I am so sure and confident in the ones I have choosen. It irks me... DID I ASK you for a few suggestions!?? NO then shhhhhhhhhhh lol

LOL How bad would it be to just calmy reply "You should have a baby so you can name it that...." :haha:

We are keeping quiet, it's all part of being team yellow! I don't like reading 'x amount of days until Emma Jane is here' or whatever name on Facebook.

I'd rather wait til the big day to announce name, sex and weight x

We're keeping the name a secret from everyone (..well, we don't have a name yet but when we do no-one will find out until after the birth). I just think it's nice to have a surprise to share when baby's here; and it would really annoy me if anyone started to comment about their opinion on the name beforehand! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->