Anyone keeping baby name secret until birth?

Just annoys me when people recommend different names when I am so sure and confident in the ones I have choosen. It irks me... DID I ASK you for a few suggestions!?? NO then shhhhhhhhhhh lol

I get that ALL the time! So annoying... I told people I like the name Luca for a boy (I am Italian so it really would suit us), and people would say, "Isn't Luca a girl name???" No. It's Italian. Lucia would be the girl variation. Or i get: "Hmmm... I don't like that. How about Luke, or Lucas?" Um, no. If I liked those names (not that they are bad names... my nephew's name is Luke, actually) for my son, I would have mentioned them!

Just annoys me when people recommend different names when I am so sure and confident in the ones I have choosen. It irks me... DID I ASK you for a few suggestions!?? NO then shhhhhhhhhhh lol

I get that ALL the time! So annoying... I told people I like the name Luca for a boy (I am Italian so it really would suit us), and people would say, "Isn't Luca a girl name???" No. It's Italian. Lucia would be the girl variation. Or i get: "Hmmm... I don't like that. How about Luke, or Lucas?" Um, no. If I liked those names (not that they are bad names... my nephew's name is Luke, actually) for my son, I would have mentioned them!

I LOOOOOVE the name Luca!

We are this time, because there is always someone who will state their opinion as to whether they like it or don't x

My names are no secret it's been talked about for over 2 years hahaha. Everyone in my life refers to the baby as the gender they are hoping for. For instance my cousin hopes it's a girl so she refers to the baby as Amanda Grace (my only girl name choice) and my BFF refers to the baby as Jackson Joseph (my top boy name choice but I also like Jacob Joseph) so a little torn. I don't mind because I have been pretty set on the names for so long. Just annoys me when people recommend different names when I am so sure and confident in the ones I have choosen. It irks me... DID I ASK you for a few suggestions!?? NO then shhhhhhhhhhh lol

LOL How bad would it be to just calmy reply "You should have a baby so you can name it that...." :haha:

Good Suggestion! If it was a random stranger that might work! however my friends love to pick on me so they will just continually call the child by a name like "Sebastian" which is a nice name but nothing I would ever pick and when I say no Jackson or Jacob they just keep calling the baby sebastian until i stop correcting them. Then make jokes because they know they are annoying me lol I have severe pregnancy rage lol. So no one should really poke the dragon. But people keep on. lol

My names are no secret it's been talked about for over 2 years hahaha. Everyone in my life refers to the baby as the gender they are hoping for. For instance my cousin hopes it's a girl so she refers to the baby as Amanda Grace (my only girl name choice) and my BFF refers to the baby as Jackson Joseph (my top boy name choice but I also like Jacob Joseph) so a little torn. I don't mind because I have been pretty set on the names for so long. Just annoys me when people recommend different names when I am so sure and confident in the ones I have choosen. It irks me... DID I ASK you for a few suggestions!?? NO then shhhhhhhhhhh lol

LOL How bad would it be to just calmy reply "You should have a baby so you can name it that...." :haha:

Good Suggestion! If it was a random stranger that might work! however my friends love to pick on me so they will just continually call the child by a name like "Sebastian" which is a nice name but nothing I would ever pick and when I say no Jackson or Jacob they just keep calling the baby sebastian until i stop correcting them. Then make jokes because they know they are annoying me lol I have severe pregnancy rage lol. So no one should really poke the dragon. But people keep on. lol

They actually go ahead and call your baby a name?? UGH!! I'd be having some pregnancy rage too!! I always thought it was weird when friends and family suggest names....I really don't understand...if they think it's a good enough name for a baby, why don't they keep it for themselves? I had one cousin who stood out and said "The name you pick should be unique to you and you should pick it because YOU wanted it, not because anyone else thought it was a good name." LOL I was like....well, that was refreshing...

we kept it secret with our 1st well....cos we were team yellow.

weve told a few people his name but we dont call the baby by it thats weird imo lol until his here

We're keeping it a secret, as when we decided a name for our boy, many people including in laws and my own family, showed us how much they hated the name... so we learned the lesson: keep it a secret... everyone thinks they know what's better for you! :wacko:

Our dd name was kept a secret. At first only because we hadnt really decided on 1 but then I wanted to keep it a secret as I didn't want to tell people the name we liked and then them call my bump by that name in case we then decide to change once baby was born.

I'll be doing the same this time round. We have told people the gender of the baby so that's all they are getting for now!

:)

They actually go ahead and call your baby a name?? UGH!! I'd be having some pregnancy rage too!! I always thought it was weird when friends and family suggest names....I really don't understand...if they think it's a good enough name for a baby, why don't they keep it for themselves? I had one cousin who stood out and said "The name you pick should be unique to you and you should pick it because YOU wanted it, not because anyone else thought it was a good name." LOL I was like....well, that was refreshing...

Yes they actually call the baby by a different name!! so it's not even like OH THIS NAME SOUNDS GOOD! lol.

WOOHOO i like your cousin's attitude! :) Yeah I mean a baby girl name was VISCIOUSLY stolen from me by my cousin when I was 21 when I innocently told him the name I wished to name my future child. It took a long time for me to decide on a replacement so that's why I defend them! ;)
Plus every name except the First name for a boy is a beloved deceased family member who has had a major impact on my life so the only name i'm even a little bit flexible on is the boy first name but even then I want it to be a "J" so that I can have double J's

Everyone knew my son's name as soon as we found out he was a he. We named him after my DH and my FIL! It is a beautiful name, which is why I was good with it (Daniel). We even made it a little unique by giving him a middle name (Julian) which Dh and FIL do not have.

People still made comments. "Oh, you really want to name him after his dad???" Yeah, I do. Thanks for asking. Or "How will he feel unique if he has the same name as his dad and grandpa?" He is an individual. Of course he will feel like an independent person, just like my DH does even though he was named after his dad... Or, "I would NEVER name my son after his dad. That is a STUPID thing to do!" Wow... rude....

Everyone knew my son's name as soon as we found out he was a he. We named him after my DH and my FIL! It is a beautiful name, which is why I was good with it (Daniel). We even made it a little unique by giving him a middle name (Julian) which Dh and FIL do not have.

People still made comments. "Oh, you really want to name him after his dad???" Yeah, I do. Thanks for asking. Or "How will he feel unique if he has the same name as his dad and grandpa?" He is an individual. Of course he will feel like an independent person, just like my DH does even though he was named after his dad... Or, "I would NEVER name my son after his dad. That is a STUPID thing to do!" Wow... rude....

If my hubby or FIL would have cool names, I would definitively name our boy like them... but DH's name is Tigran and FIL's is Meruzhan! So I pass! :haha:

Daniel Julian is a very cool name! I love it!!!

I love Luca! Very Nice! I also never would have thought Luca was a girl name. Not a huge fan of Lucia for a girl though. But boy Luca nice! And as far as Ariel and Gabriel. I think Ariel is a beautiful name but there will be a lot of Little mermaid references but that doesn't matter because Ariel gorgeous and the whole Archangel thing I LOVE we spoke about that. Now Gabriel i love... not a HUGE fan of Gabe for a nickname which we know will be ineveitable but again love the whole Archangel names... Daniel is a beaut too it's just my uncles name and I don't particularly like my uncle hahaha Plus a little too traditional for my tastes... But loving how all your names are flowing. I wish you were having boy girl twins because seriously a set of twins ariel and Gabriel would be AWESOME! just saying! lol

If my hubby or FIL would have cool names, I would definitively name our boy like them... but DH's name is Tigran and FIL's is Meruzhan! So I pass! :haha:

I have to admit that if DH and FIL had very traditional Mexican names, like Juan or Jose, (since they are Mexican), I wouldn't have gone for it. Not that there is anything wrong with those names! It's just that living in Southern California, he would be one of like, 15 Jose's or Juan's in his class!

I have to admit that if DH and FIL had very traditional Mexican names, like Juan or Jose, (since they are Mexican), I wouldn't have gone for it. Not that there is anything wrong with those names! It's just that living in Southern California, he would be one of like, 15 Jose's or Juan's in his class!

I'm latina (Ecuador) and Jose's and Juan's are EVERYWHERE! even some men are called Juan Jose! :rofl:
DH is Armenian, but I actually even considered the name Luca, as in South America we do use Italian names! For example, I'm Paola, which is an Italian name! :flower:

As there are Luca's in here, I do know immediately that's a boy's name, and Lucia is for girl! :)
We decided to go for Mikael! It can be pronounced in spanish, armenian, russian, but in english you'd pronounce it as Michael, but we don't mind.. Michael is cool anyways! :thumbup:

I have told here on BnB because I can trust you guys, but MIL and my mom mocked the name Arthur! :dohh:

Yes, we are keeping the name a secret. There's just no reason to announce it, especially since we may change our mind once she's born and realize maybe she doesn't look like an Adora (not our name lol). I also don't want to hear anybody's comments about our names beforehand. Like I don't mind telling my sister because I know she thinks I have great taste in names and will always like my names. But I am not telling my mother or mother-in-law because people are MUCH more apt to make negative comments about names before the baby gets here. After the baby comes people are way less likely to make comments because all they care about is the baby!!

That said, a lot of people know that if we have a boy he will be named after my husband.

Have you guys ever considered fake names??? I have done that, just to see people's reactions. LOL... Like my sister... "Come on, what's the name? I won't make fun of it! I just want to know!"

Me: "OK, for a girl, Hildegaard. For a boy, Gunther." The look on her face... L.M.A.O.!!! She tried sooo hard to be OK with it. I couldn't hold me laughter in. Let's just say Hildegaard Becerra or Gunther Becerra doesn't exactly flow!

I've done it! It feel incredible when you see their faces! :haha:

Have you guys ever considered fake names??? I have done that, just to see people's reactions. LOL... Like my sister... "Come on, what's the name? I won't make fun of it! I just want to know!"

Me: "OK, for a girl, Hildegaard. For a boy, Gunther." The look on her face... L.M.A.O.!!! She tried sooo hard to be OK with it. I couldn't hold me laughter in. Let's just say Hildegaard Becerra or Gunther Becerra doesn't exactly flow!

HILDEGARD AND GUNTHER!!! OMG, I just busted up laughing.

I told DH we are going to do this since he is so worried about being harrassed! I'm like....honey, all those fake, silly names we come up with...let's put them to good use now!

Yep, we tell people fake names. My sister even refers to the baby as "little Cletus or Blanche" (because, as she puts it, I "only like names that could be characters on Golden Girls").

Yep, we tell people fake names. My sister even refers to the baby as "little Cletus or Blanche" (because, as she puts it, I "only like names that could be characters on Golden Girls").

I LOVE the Golden Girls! This is perfect...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->