Anyone keeping baby name secret until birth?

Yep, we tell people fake names. My sister even refers to the baby as "little Cletus or Blanche" (because, as she puts it, I "only like names that could be characters on Golden Girls").

Ahaha! Cletus and Blanche! :haha:

Keeping it a secret. We did with our son and will this one. Then no one can say they don't like it.

Yes! We are! That's why I keep asking opinions here as u r all I can talk to :)

I wish we would have kept our original name a secret. I almost want to keep the next one we come up with a secret. If in fact, we do name our son, Atlas, we both know his family is not going to be fans of it. I'm tired of being so set on a name just to have it be gone the next day because someone didn't like it. People sure didn't like Ocean when my sister got the name, but she embraces it fully and loves it now. People also didn't like my fiance's sons name, but nobody says a word these days. *Shrug* So, we told them we would be saying the name at the baby shower which is June 29th (I regret saying this, but it was my fiance's advice when his Aunt asked at the time)and we're still stuck. Again, Atlas is pretty possible for us. I just hope it stays, if we decide on it! I really wish we could keep our names a secret, but my fiance doesn't want to keep the names a secret.

Not pregnant yet, but I'm really wanting to keep our names a secret! I know my family probably won't like the names I pick anyway. Plus, I love keeping secrets from people! :haha:

Pretty sure we'll keep the gender a secret from everyone, too. That way the whole "It's a girl/boy!" announcement isn't a "Well, duh. We knew that 20 weeks ago."

I was so set on a boy's name (Zane), but then I realized it's a religious name, so it's out. I still love it, though. DH wants to name a son after his grandfather in some way, except that his grandfather and my father have the same name, and I have a nephew named after my father already! Oooooh well! We'll figure out something.

No clue what we'd name a girl!

We had a boy name picked out and will still use it if our next is a boy. I didn't realize finding a girls name would be so difficult lol

If I do have another baby then we will most definitely be keeping it a secret from family and friends. We had so many negative comments about names last time, and even when we had chosen a name and told everyone the name, they still kept saying "what about ...... instead", rude when you've just told them you've CHOSEN a name :growlmad::growlmad:. I would probably post it here though :winkwink:

My kids are getting a chance to choose names with us and both love Emily so I suspect they have discussed it with my parents or their friends but no one has mentioned it to us. We are having a planned section, found out the gender so feel we need something to be a surprise!
Hubby quite likes Erin too but there are lots of Erin's at school (about 7 in the primary scool) and I have 3/15 rainbow guides with that name at the moment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->