Anyone know anything about Maternity allowance and having more than one job?

wellsk

Iris' Mummy!
Reaction score
Hi all :hi:

I don't know how unusual/usual my situation is, and I'm really not sure what my next steps are?

I'm currently 26 weeks and I am still waiting to get a MATB1 form off my MW, she's a pain sometimes! :dohh:

I am not entitled to standard SMP from my employer, as I haven't worked for them long enough. However, I'm pretty confident I am entitled to MA as I've worked around 40 weeks in the 66 week qualifying period.

However, during this 66 week period, I have worked for 3 different employers and had gaps inbetween. I'm currently working full-time and have done for the past 12 weeks. I am due to finish the contract (as it was on a temporary basis) on the 30th December.

I have made all of my current and previous employers that I am pregnant and obviously they all need to see the MATB1 and I'm guessing need forms to sort out evidence for my MA?

What do I do? Sorry if that sounds ridiculous!
Can I get more than one MATB1 form to send to each employer? Will my payments be delayed as I haven't got them sorted before 26 weeks? Do I need to do anything else?
I had ideally wanted them to start as soon as I finished work, but that doesn't look likely now!

Thank you! :hugs:

How many current employers do you have?

I would think the protocol is to submit the form to all of your current employers, in turn they should each reject your maternity pay and provide you with an SMP1 form.
I believe it is then down to you to send the SMP1 form to the Job-centre / Department for work and pensions. And the payments will come from the government to you.

I don't know this for sure, as your situation sounds a bit complicated, but I would think this is the way to go.

Thanks for your reply :)
I currently only work for one employer, but will have worked for 3 by maternity leave :flower:

Thanks for your reply :)
I currently only work for one employer, but will have worked for 3 by maternity leave :flower:

No worries.
I would suggest you just apply to your current employer and wait for them to reject your claim then. When they do, they should give you your SMP1 form. Send that to Job-centre / Department for work and pensions, or whoever it says on the form and they will tell you if you need to do anything else I am sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->