Anyone KNOW they will be High Risk when they get pregnant?

rachelrhin0

Pregnant with #1 and 3
Reaction score
I know that I will from past pregnancy complications. I know that I will be on bed rest for the majority of my pregnancy. It's worth doing though in hopes to get a healthy baby.

So anyone else high risk when they get pregnant? If so why? Is there anything special that you will have to do or NOT do? Does the fact that you will be high risk make you nervous to become pregnant?

If id dont loose weight i will be high risk. Im planning on loosing it before hand

I would be high risk because we have a high chance of diabetes in our family and because all of the babies in our family are 10 plus pounds and all the women in the family have to go on diabetic diets and have lots of blood work. I don't think i'm really worried about it. I am a little nervous of pushing out a 10 pound baby LOL!

I'm high risk because of severe IUGR in my babies, birth defects, placenta increta, oligohydramnios, gestational diabeties, bicournate uterus, preterm delivery and stillbirth. Those were my complications from my last 2 pregnancies. I'm hoping my next one is problem free. Fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for you! Lots of baby dust honey! Best of luck! :hugs:

I will be high risk if it doesn't take forever to conceive. This is due to my high bmi.
I obviously am trying to lose weight (although not doing well this week :( )
i have loads to lose so even if it takes some time I will still likely be overweight x
I don't really know what to expect. I am nervous but too broody to wait!

I wouldnt know why I would be high risk my BMI is 22 so that should not be a problem(doesnt mean though that I havent got some far that I'd like to lose xD. I really can't think of anything that could be, maybe it is worse when your shorter? I am only 5'4''

im hypoglycaemic and mildly anemic. i know on their own these arent too bad but both together..? likely to be a problem?? xxxx

my mum suffered from very severe preeclampsia which lead to eclampsia when she had me, she very nearly died, and she also had it with my sister, but obv they were more vigilant of it 2nd time around, and ive read a few things online about this being passed to daughters, does anyone know anything about this?

my mum suffered from very severe preeclampsia which lead to eclampsia when she had me, she very nearly died, and she also had it with my sister, but obv they were more vigilant of it 2nd time around, and ive read a few things online about this being passed to daughters, does anyone know anything about this?

Oh yeah I forgot abut PE. I had a mild case of this with my 1st daughter. My mom never had PE though. Neither did anyone else in my family (mom's aunts, grandmothers).

However, I found out a few months ago that my great great grandmother delivered 6 babies (some stillborn some that only lived a short while) before going on to have 6 healthy babies. I hope I don't follow in her footsteps on that one. 2 losses was enough!

Im going to be high risk, my son Max was born with a bowel blockage and has CF. I'll be monitored very closely and offered all different testing as CF is a genetically inherited disease. With each pregnancy Myself and OH (who are both CF carriers) have a 1 in 4 chance of conceiving a baby who has CF.

It worries me a lot, Im scared of the journey ahead, but dont get me wrong cant wait either!! :) Yes it will be a bit more of a difficult path, but the end reward will be more than worth it! :cloud9:

Lots of happy & healthy babydust to us all when the time comes :hugs:

I think I might be as I went into pre term labour at 30weeks with Edward but then the hospital never put me under a consultant after that so who knows. I ended up under the Midwife manager at the hospital for other reasons and she told me that it would take so long to get an appointment with a consultant that I may aswell stay under her care and be seen weekly. It does worry me a bit but I'm more confident that I know the signs of pre term labour so will know when there is something wrong in that respect.

Im going to be high risk, my son Max was born with a bowel blockage and has CF. I'll be monitored very closely and offered all different testing as CF is a genetically inherited disease. With each pregnancy Myself and OH (who are both CF carriers) have a 1 in 4 chance of conceiving a baby who has CF.

It worries me a lot, Im scared of the journey ahead, but dont get me wrong cant wait either!! :) Yes it will be a bit more of a difficult path, but the end reward will be more than worth it! :cloud9:

Lots of happy & healthy babydust to us all when the time comes :hugs:

Ya know, I have been around several people with CF. My best friend from infancy through high shchool had CF. My little 15 yr old cousin has CF too. I know a lady online who had a little boy with CF. She also had a little girl who does NOT have CF. So there is hope! If you want I can get you intouch with her. Good luck to you.

Thank you! Yeah that would be good, its always nice to talk to people who have experienced similar situations! :)

You've not got long until TTC! Exciting stuff! I wish you lots and lots of luck :thumbup:

:hugs:

I will no doubt be on high risk aswell of risk of going into prem labour again like I did with my Sophie. Its never just straight forward is it? We both should have our babys here :cry: x x x

I will no doubt be on high risk aswell of risk of going into prem labour again like I did with my Sophie. Its never just straight forward is it? We both should have our babys here :cry: x x x

No, it never is. They can't even figure out why my babies keep having IUGR. It's frustrating! Them not knowing just makes it that much more easy for it to happen again a 3rd time. I'm going on bedrest (my doings) as soon as I find out I'm pregnant. I've done a lot of reading (not much on IUGR online) and found that bedrest helps bloodflow which can help IUGR. So that's my plan, that and seeing my maternal fetal medicine doctor along with my high risk OB.

Hey Rachel - I'll be high risk as I've had 3 mc in a row all missed, and at exactly the same stage in the pregnancy - I had great care and regular scans etc....with my last one and unfortunately it didn't make a difference as they currently can't find a reason for the mc's - all the pathology reports for the fetus' and my tests have come back clear.....

I'm so sorry for your losses :hugs: Have they suggested you take baby aspirin with the next? if its a problem with bloodflow I would have thought this may help?

Good luck with ttc xx

AS1, yes I take baby aspirin. I took it in my 2nd pregnancy as well. It helped some in my 2nd pregnancy. The IUGR wasn't quite so sevvere as the 1st, but it still didn't stop it completly. I'm still taking it and plan to take it till the end of my next pregnancy.

If id dont loose weight i will be high risk. Im planning on loosing it before hand

Not necessarily unless you have health complications. I have a BMI over 40 and am low risk due to good health and fitness levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->