Anyone LTTTC Number One?

It is really quiet in here!

Well, I'll give an update on me anyways ... I had my 3rd night on clomid 100mg last night and all went okay. I had some stomach cramps but I ate a lot of pineapple so I'm not sure if that's what upset my stomach or if it was the clomid but they ended up going away and I was fine. No hotflashes! Woohoo! Tonight is my 4th night and then I have a 5th night but then it's over! Yay! Counting down the hours. Things have really been boring on my end. Still adjusting to city life, got a gym membership yesterday with OH and a couple tanning sessions since summer is coming and I'm very pale! We worked out this morning and it felt really good actually. It's always hard to go the gym but feels good after!

Well, I hope everyone is doing GREAT!

Urchin - you're either at 12 weeks or really close now right?

It is quiet on here at the moment..

Hope Clomid gets you your BFP this month Ash..

Urch - Yey for tomorrow 12 weeks whoop whoop!

FF - How was your weeknd? have you had a good one?

AFM - I have had a really crap weekend, two of my friends told me on Saturday that they were pregnant :-( it has really upset me as one of my friends has been trying for 2 months and the other 4 months :-( My 2nd friend was like when are you going to try ? your not getting any younger... we have not told any one about TTC as its difficult enough for us without having to tell every one and every one keeping asking so i just wanted to tell her to shut up about her being PG i know that sounds really bad but it has really got to me this weekend and made me very sad... sorry for moaning on xx

Urchin - yay for 12 weeks tomorrow! That's so exciting! Are you getting excited now that you're in the second trimester?! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby or no? I'm so excited for you ah!!! Any names picked out?

lucylou - thanks, I hope the clomid gets me my bfp too! It's so annoying thinking that I put my body through all of this and it might not work anyway, but it is what it is! I'm so sorry you had a rough weekend! I don't have friends that are pregnant because I'm still young and a lot of my friends are just getting into serious relationships or they're not over going out and having fun yet but I can imagine it would be really hard to see your friends get pregnant so easy when you're having such difficulties! :hugs: We're all here if you need to talk and you will get your baby and when you do I'm sure you will be more appreciative and attached since it took you so long to get!

Oh Lucy :hugs: I am a bit like Ash and fortunate that none of my close friends are pregnant or even thinking about babies yet but I know it is only a matter of time :hugs:

Urch yay for second tri :dance:

Well I am off to boot camp at 6.30am tomorrow and dreading it! My weight loss has slowed right down (only half a pound last week :cry:) and so I thought I would sign up for a free weeks trial of boot camp :wacko:

AFM - I have had a really crap weekend, two of my friends told me on Saturday that they were pregnant :-( it has really upset me as one of my friends has been trying for 2 months and the other 4 months :-( My 2nd friend was like when are you going to try ? your not getting any younger... we have not told any one about TTC as its difficult enough for us without having to tell every one and every one keeping asking so i just wanted to tell her to shut up about her being PG i know that sounds really bad but it has really got to me this weekend and made me very sad... sorry for moaning on xx
That's awful Lucy - even before I found that I had fertility problems, I never asked people such personal questions. I guess I always start from a default position of 'they might be trying but not getting anywhere' and the last thing I would want to do is rake up a load of pain for anyone.
People who conceive easily can find themselves generalising from their own experience i.e. if took me 5 minutes to get pregnant, so that's how long it takes. Most have no idea that 1 year is average, and for some of is it's a lot longer than that (or impossible without the wonders of modern science)

Urchin - yay for 12 weeks tomorrow! That's so exciting! Are you getting excited now that you're in the second trimester?! Are you going to find out the sex of the baby or no? I'm so excited for you ah!!! Any names picked out?
Ash - I will be excited after the scan - right now I'm just scared. Although I know the chances of things going wrong since my last scan are quite small, they are still there....and I'm the kind to worry!

We will defo be finding out the gender - if Eenie will oblige :thumbup: but that is unlikely to be at this scan
Names are all picked (we had 2 girls and 2 boys names in case of twins)
They will probably stay under wraps until Eenie is born though ... all I'll say is that they are good Irish names though :D

Oh Lucy :hugs: I am a bit like Ash and fortunate that none of my close friends are pregnant or even thinking about babies yet but I know it is only a matter of time :hugs:

Urch yay for second tri :dance:

Well I am off to boot camp at 6.30am tomorrow and dreading it! My weight loss has slowed right down (only half a pound last week :cry:) and so I thought I would sign up for a free weeks trial of boot camp :wacko:

What does boot camp entail? Is it a residential thing? Are they gonna shout at you like a drill sergeant?

Are they gonna *shudder* make you do PE?

Mrs H: yay for the start of IVF!! Got everything croosed for you

Urchin: Good Luck at the scan today!

AFM: The weather was beautiful this weekend so had a nice relaxing one, 1st doctors appointment tomorrow getting nervous, apart from saying that we have been trying for 2 years i really dont know what else to say :wacko:

haha never thought of that for some bizarre reason I keep thinking that im the one thats got to do all the talking thanks x

I must admit I have been toying with the idea of the 'turkey Baster method'! have mixed feelings but apparently that's how a lot of lesbians fall pregnant..... So I was thinking for the eves that DH doesn't want to play ball, either to tired or to Ill or aches from the gym I could just get him to do his thing into a sterile cup with a bit of preseed in then suck it up into a needless syringe and squirt it near my cervix. Am I mad for wanting to try this???? I consulted Dr google and there are so many success stories, obviously I'd rather BD the regular ways but if it fills in the gaps I'm thinking it might be worth it!!
What do you all think?

xx

Hey StickyBeans, I've been trying it that way for about 18 months (hubby has given up on s-e-x :shrug:). It didn't work for me but I've heard success stories in these forums. It does take the pressure off everyone that's for sure. I have nearly 100 syringes left over - wish you were nearby, you could have some! You can get them on Ebay, very cheap :winkwink:

Hello everyone yay for 12wks Urchin x sorry to everybody the witch got and a huge congrats to yellow xx

afm i am not really thinking about it this cycle, i don't know when i ov'd all i know is af is due sometime over the weekend so i'm just waiting for that to come so i can start the clomid. I am getting a tattoo for our angel babies on saturday and the oh had one done last week xx

Lucylou – I’m sorry you had a bit of a crap weekend :hugs: Since we have been TTC there has been a baby boom at work and in those around me. In all there have been 12 people get preggers and have babies, every loss i have had someone in the office due around the smae time as me so had to watch as there bump got bigger while i went back to square one. Its not an easy thing to go through so have some more hugs! :hugs:

Now when people ask us about TTC and when we are going to have kids i tell them the truth that we have suffered 4 losses due to a genetic issue. It always shuts then up and i hope it may make them think twice in the future asking such a personal question!

Urchin – Happy 12 weeks! Not long until the 2nd trimester now xx

Ash – Sorry the drugs are giving you a rough ride, i’ll also be crossing everything possible that this cycle is a good one for you with a :bfp: at the end of it. X

FF – Oh my you’re brave! What does boot camp entail then?

Gilmore – Good luck at the doctors, i am guessing that they will ask you questions about life style, cycles ect and then refer you. I hope they are helpful and supportive for you both x

Tasha – Love the idea of a tattoo for you angels, what design have you gone for.

AFM - 6DPO and temps are high which is good, also peeing more but that may just be because its been hot the weekend so i have drank a bit more. Going to try and hold out on testing until we come back from camping or even until AF is late . .

Good luck at your scan Urch!

I love bootcamp, I'm a bit obsessed about it, went 4 times last week! There's something quite liberating about exercising in the rain/ snow/ sun I can't work out in gyms anymore cos I get bored! If it's not pulling tyres through muddy fields or being shouted at by instructors I dont wana know! Lol! Hope you had fun FF!

I am having the busiest day at work, I've not been off the phone all day, luckily the days going quicker but my brain feels like it's going to explode! Gota go back in a sec had to nip out and get my coke fix (that is of the non drug variety might I add!)

Still not much happening my end waiting for AF to appear so we can start again!

xx

10yearsttc - thanks for the advice! What kind of syringe do u use?

Tash that's a great idea for the tat! Where bouts are you having it?

Raz - fingers crossed for you!

xx

Urchin - I would find out the gender too! It's more exciting that way I feel and plus, you can go and find lots of cute baby things before they arrive! Will you be posting pictures of your scan? I'd love to see!

FF - FX'd that you get a bfp after your camping trip! I have everything crossed for you. All of the ladies in this forum deserve a baby so bad! :hugs:

AFM - 4th night of clomid last night, no side effects. I had a mild headache but I had that before I took the clomid so I'm pretty sure the medicine isn't what caused it. I'm feeling really good, since I'm not having side effects and I've been sleeping well! I was going to chart this entire cycle but decided that I'm not going to only because it stresses me out waking up every morning at the same time to take my temperature, etc. It's kind of a pain in the butt! Last pill tonight and then ultrasound to check for follies on March 31st =D Yay! I'm hoping and praying that there are 2 or 3 follies that way I can have a better chance of catching the egg!

All went well today for me and my wee Eenie Plum!
S/he measured 12+2, so a little over but hey! We also heard a good strong heartbeat and I cried :cry:
Mostly Eenie was resting, but then sprang to life and had a frantic wiggle of arms and legs :cloud9:

We requested not to have the NS testing - but the scanny lady said we do look for things that might be wrong anyway, and everything here looks good to me.

We have some pics, but no scanner to scan them in - so they will have to wait :D

and here's my facebook announcement - just thought I'd share:

Well folks, the time has come to make a happy announcement. After a long and tough journey I can finally share the news that Mr Urch and I are going to have a baby ... and of course we are over the moon about it :D

Now, I know a lot of people who are also struggling with infertility – and I know the pain of yet another facebook announcement. There are also surely people on my friends list who have no particular interest in my breeding habits ... and so my lovelies you have a choice:

Like or comment on this status and I will put you in a group that receive baby-related gubbins.

Simply ignore this message and I’ll leave you off the list!

Arghhh really chuffed Urchin!! Glad all is well bet you were over the moon and they were tears of Joy!!

Love your facebook update too! can not wait until we can put some thing on FB like that i bet you have a million likes and comments really am chuffed for you hun xx

Urchin - yay! So happy, I probably would have cried at the ultrasound too! Congratulations, you're through the 1st trimester!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->