Anyone LTTTC Number One?

AF got me this morning too! WTF is going on?!? I'm sorry to hear you other ladies got it too. Hopefully next month :)

Greekgirl- My OBGYN told me that if there are any issues with your tubes that IUI is a complete waste of money same with ferility drugs (i.e clomid, etc) so we have to do IVF. With IUI you must have operable tubes, otherwise, you it's useless. My RE told me the same thing.
My laparoscopy helped me finally get diagnosed correctly. For several years I was told I had unexplained infertility and that there was nothing to treat, now I know what needs to be treated and what my options are to move froward. Try not to look at it as a waste :)
I would say go for IVF! I'm saving up all my extra money for it so hopefully we can do the procedure in the next 2 years and hopefully get our BFP!

seems we're all out of luck this month. :(
the thing is supposedly there aren't any issues with my tubes now that they are both functional. :shrug:
I just can't help but wonder if it would be a waste to try IUI.
being that we are impatient and the health system here is slow moving as far as infertility treatments go (or anything that has to be approve by the health board) we are going to do everything privately. so IUI's are around 200-300 euros each, I think meds are not included, and the success rate is only a small percentage above trying on your own if the sperm is healthy (which it is) and at least one tube is working. that's a 15-20% chance tops considering I am 34. IVF on the other hand has got a 50% success rate with our doc but it costs 2000-3000 euros. and I don't know if that includes scans and all. but we're really thinking about it. either way I am going to see the FS by the end of the week hopefully to have a talk. hopefully this summer I get my baby bump be it the natural way [-o< or IVF.

Ash / Kcary - So sorry the witch came :-(

Ash - At least like you say you can have go again, but its so frustrating when we do every thing right and it still does not happen for us :-(

Urchin - im sure you will get your money back that happens all the time my brother is a managers at RBS and what goes in has to come out if not it does not balance the same happend to me but with £50 thats how i know :)

Well CD 19 for me stil no appoinment for results of OH tests i want it to hurry so we can move on with IVF....

Lucy xx

Big hugs FF - the things we put ourselves through eh? :hugs:

Yellowbell - you're a walking miracle chikkie! It is wonderful when one of us LTTTCers beats the odds and manages to get pregnant all by ourselves (well, with a little help from our partners lol!) ... but I'm glad we also have modern medicine on our side :)

AFM it's 2 am and I'm wide awake again :( Got another long day ahead as our team meeting goes on til 7pm today .... and I have some difficult conversations to have with the team so it isn't going to be an easy one

On the bright side, it's now only 5 sleeps until scan day - or 5 1/2 if I manage to get a little nap in before morning. Hot water is on for a bath and I'm hoping that makes me sleepy again

Oh Urch, you really are a trooper! I would be like a zombie after one day of crap sleep, let alone weeks of it! I need at least 8 hours to get through the next day :wacko:

FF – Shame I missed out on the fb thing, I have spoken out before about my miscarriages when due dates have come by and things. Basically I was fed up of feeling like my losses should be keep quiet like some dirty little secret. But my losses and LTTTC have had a huge affect on me, I am not the woman I was 4 years ago, so I have come out!

Kcarey – Sorry to hear about your problems and the :witch: coming, will be keeping my fingers crossed for you that the tubes remain open and you get a BFP soon xx

Yellowbell – Wow that’s amazing for you both!! Wishing you a very H+H few months ahead x

VJ, Greekgirl & Ash – So sorry the :witch: got you :hugs:

Urchin – OMG that’s awful to have that much money get swallowed! I hope they sort it out ASAP for you. Good luck today with your team meeting too. I have huge problems sleeping sometimes so can sympathise xx

Love and light to anyone I have missed x

AFM – Written my appeal letter and will get it into the post tonight (keep forgetting to bring it to work to post so will drop it into a letter box on the way to dog training tonight) the reason they have given for declining the funding was that the probability of the intervention having an affect on us having a unaffected live birth was minimal. So they missed the point really, yes I know the chance of me having an affected live birth is less then 1% the reason is the body picks up on the defect and I loss it. That’s the point – that I keep losing them, doesn’t matter that its for a good reason I have still suffered through 4 losses and to TTC naturally its down to luck that I wont have to go through it again and again! Anyway will see what happens now but I am NOT going to let it lie!

In other news my cycle this month has been all over the place!! On CD 20 and only OVed yesterday, but I think it was a ‘good’ one as had really strong OV pains and lots of EWCM. Also had some spotting last week which I don’t ever get. We DTD yesterday but that was the first time for over a week after all the crap on Thursday night I just wasn’t in the mood. Still it only takes the once at the right time so I still think we have a shot this month.

Hey everyone!

Hope all the UK girlies are enjoying this lovely weather?! Shame I'm stuck in the office.

Sorry for all those the Witch got, sending hugs your way.

Afm I'm in quiet a positive place at the moment, ready to get back on the horse so to speak but can't do much til my AF shows (never thought i'd be looking forwards to that!) and I can get back on the clomid.
I have another fs appointment booked for April, I think his going to just advise more clomid, he was meant to be referring me for ivf but since I managed a BFP on clomid I presume he'll put me on it again, just have to try and keep my next sticky bean. Does anyone know if the fs will recommend anything for next time (here's hoping there is a nxt time!) that may lesson the chances of mc or if there really isn't anything that can be done? You read about women who get shots or take tablets if they have a history of mc I didn't know if this was real as you read all sorts on the Internet!
It just pissed me off before no one was particually helpful or compassionate when they say if anything happens in the 1st 3 months nothing can be done, I know not a lot can be done but sometimes you felt like screaming how would you like it if this was your baby bleeding out of you!

I asked my fs last time about iui, he said I can't get this on the nhs, has anyone in the uk had this on nhs or have you had to go private? I didnt know if it was a general rule or dependent on what borough your in, my dr said rather than iui they just refer straight to ivf as it has a higher success rate.

xx

Does anyone know if the fs will recommend anything for next time (here's hoping there is a nxt time!) that may lesson the chances of mc or if there really isn't anything that can be done? You read about women who get shots or take tablets if they have a history of mc I didn't know if this was real as you read all sorts on the Internet!

It just pissed me off before no one was particually helpful or compassionate when they say if anything happens in the 1st 3 months nothing can be done, I know not a lot can be done but sometimes you felt like screaming how would you like it if this was your baby bleeding out of you!

I understand your pain, i have found that those in the medical profession really dont care about our losses esp if you have just had the one. In what other circumstances would it be 'ok' for a doctor to say 'its just one of those things' or that you had been 'unlucky'. They would never dream of saying this to say a cancer sufferer so why is it fine to say it to us?

Anyway i will get off my soap box now and answer your question! In short no they will do nothing next time. One loss is not regarded as anything to get worried about, in fact if you TTC naturally they wont even give you an extra scan after a loss. You are treated the same as if it never happend. Its only after 3 losses they will do anything and even then what they offer depends on where you are and what could be causing the losses.

Raz :hugs: Well done you for not keeping quiet about it all, I refuse to keep my mouth shut and if people know about our situation I fully expect them to take my feelings into consideration before they say anything offensive.

Sticky it is true that nothing will be done to prevent a second loss I would advise that you speak to your GP ASAP and explain that you are worried about another loss and impact on pregnancy. I did that and my GP agreed that although 3 is the usual rule for investigation if we were to suffer another loss he would make sure the cause was found and he promised I could have an early scan to put my mind at rest.

Hi all. What a rotten week the witch is a busy beast. I'm sorry that so many of u have been paid a visit.

Raz well done for writing. It will have to be investigated now.

Afm cd 14. Had a peak and some ewcm yesterday and another peak tOday. Had terrible pains in my side last night but that was probably wind!! Distracting myself with the couch to 5k. On week 2 And feel great. Currently trying to avoid any after dinner snacks. I like to have something to achieve. If it can't be a baby then may it be weight loss!!

Question: if I am unexplained and have regular as clockwork cycles will they give me clomid? I have fs in June and expect to be referred straight for ivf but I just wondered if anyone has been given clomid before this? Cheers

MrsFx there seems to be conflicting beliefs with professionals and clomid. Some will offer it even with no known ovulation issues as they believe it creates a stronger ovulation :wacko: Some however won't as they don't think it will make a difference.

I tried the couch to 5k programme a few weeks ago and only had the drive to do the first session :blush: I am trying to increase my exercise and am giving myself 5 weeks to get down to my goal weight so it may be back on the cards ;) If you are interested in losing weight I cannot recomend myfitnesspal highly enough. I am on a calorie controlled diet with it BUT I get to eat all of my treat foods and never feel hungry. It is flipping amazing as all food you can buy in the UK is stored on there and you just click to add to your diary. It works all the calories and fat out for you AND you can input your exercise and it figures out calories and encourages you to eat enough to ensure you will lose the most weight whilst being healthy. God I sound like a sales rep :wacko: If you do decide to sign up then let me know and we can buddy up!

Thanks FF. we are seeing a different consultant in June so maybe she likes clomid. Don't want to have any expectations this time as I got stupidly upset at the last appointment.
Thanks for the diet tips. I will have a look and let u know. Keep up with the couch 2 5k hon. It really is very good and at least u know how long it takes. I use the Nike gps app with it that tells u how far u've run. Keep me posted.

I've started on the caveman diet, more as a way of life than a diet but if a few pounds come off I'll be happy, I want to see if I feel a difference in my body by cutting out all the processed crap I tend to eat. I've never got on with calorie counting, I do it for a week or so then I get fed up and stop

Hello ladies! :hugs: to everyone. Sorry :witch: got us all. I am trying to stay positive. We are going to try somewhat naturally this cycle. I am trying with just femara. We opted to not do iui again this month as it costs $1000 a cycle. So fx that we can do it on our own.

Thanks for the support and hugs. Its so nice to have such a great group of ladies routing each other along.

AFM – Written my appeal letter and will get it into the post tonight (keep forgetting to bring it to work to post so will drop it into a letter box on the way to dog training tonight) the reason they have given for declining the funding was that the probability of the intervention having an affect on us having a unaffected live birth was minimal. So they missed the point really, yes I know the chance of me having an affected live birth is less then 1% the reason is the body picks up on the defect and I loss it. That’s the point – that I keep losing them, doesn’t matter that its for a good reason I have still suffered through 4 losses and to TTC naturally its down to luck that I wont have to go through it again and again! Anyway will see what happens now but I am NOT going to let it lie!
Hi Raz - have they not suggested donor eggs, or is this something you don't want to consider? ... or is this something that won't make a difference?

xx

It is a horrible and hurtful attitude for sure
The medical professionals see it all the time and I wonder if it's their way of dealing with it? For us, each loss is the loss of a life, but if you see it day in, day out, maybe hardening yourself to it is a way of protecting yourself from the pain?
I don't know, but even if there are doing that, they should put on a sympathetic mask - because the 'just one of those things' attitude is just so hard to take when you are grieving for your child

I've started on the caveman diet, more as a way of life than a diet but if a few pounds come off I'll be happy, I want to see if I feel a difference in my body by cutting out all the processed crap I tend to eat. I've never got on with calorie counting, I do it for a week or so then I get fed up and stop

Hi Sticky :hi:
will you be dragging men back to your cave by the hair?

Good luck to all the dieters on the thread - and big hugs to everyone that the witch has chosen to plague :hugs:

AFM - 4 more sleeps (but at least I managed to actually sleep last night - til 6am...amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->