Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Well I actually responded great to clomid and OH always had great counts so I'm not sure what's going on. But we're giving injectables a try and if they don't work we're doing ivf.

What about mini-IVF that might work also! I hear it is less expensive than IVF.

Mini IVF is not offered everywhere. But it's Minimal Stimulation IVF which means less drugs which = less money.

I personally am considering it, there are mixed reviews on it. Some FS say it's not worth the money when you can do Traditional IVF, while others rave about it!

https://www.newhopefertility.com/in_vitro_fertilization/mini_ivf/

hey all hope every one is ok..

Ash - hope your ok hun.. I know the feeling its awful when things are out of your control.. We just have to keep going..big hugs xx

afm - witch came today :-( so a little down and no appointment sooner than our one in august so just feel a little down about that too.. X yeah im interested whats mini ivf? Lucy x

I'm sorry Lucy :hugs: Have a big glass of something alcoholic and a tub of ice-cream, that's what I usually do :flower:

Sorry lucy Lou

Yes like Carey said it is a new thing. Basically it is ivf with less meds....so it isn't as expensive.

You can also look at https://miniivf.com/

Ttc - what's mini ivf then?

FF goodluck for tomorrow, I hope it goes as well as it can, hopefully there won't be any emergencies and you'll get seen quicker

xx

Lucy - sorry AF came for you!! That's lame.

I just got a call from my doctors nurse because a couple of weeks ago I got blood drawn tO test for certain genetic disorders and the results are in and I'm positive for cystic fibrosis. I'm sad about it but not too mix because if my OH doesn't have it were fine but if he does come back positive for it then we will have to do ivf so they can test the eggs for it before they transfer them back to uterus. Ah it's all crazy. So if he's positive we will most likely be canceling this IUI cycle since we don't really want to bring a child that will suffer into the world.

Ttc - thanks - I think I posted same time as u before didn't see your previous answer!

Lucy sorry the witch got you, at least if this year keeps going the speed it has so far your appointment will come round in no time!

Ash, hope your partners results will be ok, when is he having his test done?

Afm I've worked out that I've only NOT been pregnant for 3 weeks since November! No wonder my body feels like shit! Not even getting anything out of it - sucks big time!

xx

Hi all, we have been TTC for 8 years, therefore, thought this thread seems the most appropriate to post on. We have had 3 x IUI's, 6 x Clomid 1 of them resulting in pregnancy 6 years ago which we then M/C. I am now trying the Billings Ovulation Method while we wait for IVF. By my calculations and charting I am 15 dpo, have lots of cramping different from usual pre :af: and 1 day late. I so hope the :witch: doesn't show her ugly head but after so mnay years you do lose some faith. All FX and I will be testing tomorrow. Baby dust to you all:dust:

Hello my lovelies :hugs:

Just popping in to say hi - and to keep an eye on you all :D

Big hugs all round xxx

Hello Lovely ladies, I am back on the horse now as I just had my surgery on Monday and am awaiting my appointment to start Ivf, looks like there could be a few if us on the IVF train this summer.
Ash good luck with the testing, try not to let it dishearten you my friend has just gotten PG, with PGD IVF as she has balanced translocation. Lets hope you won't need it though.
I hope everyone else is doing well?
Urchin just out if curiosity have you had your 20 week scan yet? And was I right about you having a girl? I do hope so x

I also wanted to mention Natural IVF to you ladies who were talking about mini IVF, it is becoming very successful and is done alongside your natural cycle x

Ash :hugs: I lost a cousin to CF and was worried about the pregnancy we just had - sadly UK won't test NHS for genetic disorders like that pre-pregnancy (also have a cousin with downs and learnt that as my auntie was my age when she had her it is most likely hereditary) I could have private genetic screening but the cost is thousands per person (would probably need to get DH done too) and as none of us have medical insurance that would cover anything like that there is no way we could afford it :(

It all seems a bit cruel really. We struggle to conceive and then when we do there are a million worries and niggles from day one :( I am so envious of the women on that tacky show "I didn't know I was pregnant" as I think being spared the grief and worry would be a blessing!

MrsHowley is that just un-medicated IVF?

I am sure Urchin won't mind me sharing that she is on team pink :)

Lorna being late is always a good sign :) good luck!

Well AFM I have to be at the hospital in 3 hours and I am scared :( I had some crazy ass dreams last night about my operation being on my eye and then my teeth :wacko: Think part of me doesn't want to accept what is actually happening today. I am blessedly 'forgetting' more and more that my body is still 'pregnant' as the symptoms have pretty much disappeared - great but wish the MC had started naturally :wacko:

FF, Good Luck today, you will be fine but I am sure mentally it will be extremely tough. We can spend the rest of the week recovering together
I knew she was having a girl I said ages ago in this thread I will look back and find it later as I have plenty of time on my hands.
Natural IVF is unmedicated, but they collected the egg/eggs through a laparoscopy and then the rest we all know :) I will definitely be looking into that if our Free NHS cycle does not work, but I have no doubt my consultant can work her magic as she is fantastic xx

Here it is I found it :D

Pinkfee You will certainly be missed but you have to do what you have to do, we will look forward to your return xx

Ash and VJ I have my fingers and toes crossed for both of you :)

MrsFx I find it really tough too at times, we have teenagers living below us (in a 1 bed flat) and they have just had the most gorgeous girl, It really is so hard and so unfair, I too am absolutely fine with babies but I suffer with the worst pregnancy envy ever :(

SB I wouldn't recommend taking anything unsupervised, but if you like I will have look at the BNF at work and see if I can pluck my Pharmacists ear to see what he thinks:)

Urchin I had the weirdest dream ever and it turns out that Eeenie means to hold a girl (well in my dream it does), so I am going to predict you a girl ok :) and as for you leaving I know I would miss ya face round here, but I suppose you want to go and spend your time with other pregnant women, and I would totally understand that cos that is what I would want to do, but please can you only be friends with other IVFers and not smug fertile myrtles :D xx
Hope you all have lovely weekend!!? me and hubby are off to try out some matresses for the new king size bed ;)
P.s Only 6 days and doubly counting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"