Anyone LTTTC Number One?

I would like to think not but I am all too aware that as I only stick to a few threads I have made I have a tendency to reply a lot :haha:

Welcome ladies...

Lee - so sorry for all the pain you have been through but FF is right...we would love for you to stick around here.

FF - that is really intertesting about the pain relievers. I used to consume a lot of ibuprofen during af while I had my fibroids....I wonder if this is what happened to me. I also wonder how long it will take to reverse as now my fibroids are out af is tolerable. I do have cysts on my ovaries, small ounces, whic h could be explained by LUF.

Apparently it reverses quite quickly. Here is a link that has some case studies in it. https://rheumatology.oxfordjournals.org/content/39/8/880.full

Hey ladies. I've been stalking for a bit with nothing useful to say. Welcome new ladies. I hope u will find this very active thread useful. Lee I too am right back at cd1 after Af showed up. My cycles have got shorter 26-27 days OVing at cd12/13. Not bothering with cbfm this month as it hasn't helped before!!

Anyone wanna suggest a random tip for me to try this month? Our last shot before ivf referral. Scary as hell. I'm starting to not be able to imagine us with a baby anymore. That is sad isn't it? In spite of that maudlin thought I am Not my usual sad self this month, it must be that sunshine.

ickle pand - welcome hun.. Cant believe that about your meds i also have RA and am on lots of tablets ive checked over and over again with my doctor but they assure me that they dont effect us ttc, but it really does make me think.. Ive also researched and it just says it effects makes if they take and oh doesn't.. Sorry you've been trying for so long but you will get support here :)

lee - welcome huni and so sorry for all your losses i cant begin to imagine how it must be for you hun, big hugs! Like ff says we all have different stories on here so all help each other..

Ff - im sure i speak for all the lovely ladies on this thread we dont mind who posts the most on this thread as every one is lovely.. And i too only really go on one or two threads, so might be up there with ya.. No trolls on this thread he he xx

ash - where you up to now huni?

Mrs fx - have you tried sperm meets egg? X

lucy xx

Beanie - thanks for the opk tip....I usually test once a day but I did test again this evening and finally got my positive. I might have missed it if you didn't recommend that....so thanks again.

Mrs Fx - I've heard really good things about Conceive Plus. I'm going to be using it this time.

MsFX I'm CD 1 too (yesterday) !!! This may be our last IUI this cycle which is terrifying to me.

3rd IUI 2nd with clomid was a bust. I will never understand how 17million swimmers can miss 3 follicles. Baffling what goes on in there. Additionally I'm completely baffled about why both months I've taken clomid AF shows up approx 10dpiui? That's not even time for anything to stick is it? Last month the clinic told me not to worry about it so I'll be asking them what they think abou 2 months of this?! Both months cramping and spotting started like 8dpo. Rediculous. I had a major melt down to DH on Saturday night.

Fisher - Are they monitoring your lining at all? I know clomid can thin it so some women either need oestrogen to help thicken it up or they switch to injectables which don't affect the lining nearly as much.

Thank you all for your kind words. I'm hoping that my experiences may help some of you too. I'm sad to be leaving the rm thread but it's too painful seeing all the BFP's on there at the moment and I've been hanging around that thread for 18 months now. It's just over 12 months since I had my last definite BFP :(

My cycle is 28 days, I ov CD 13/14 with a luteal phase of 14 days.

I have tried soy isoflavones 200mg CD 2-6 for the past 3 cycles with EPO and co enzyme Q10 upto ov, but doesn't seem to have made any difference despite reading many success stories.

Alot of the girls on the other thread have used Conceive plus or pre-seed with agnus castus also.

I also follow Mr Shehatas protocol for rpl, folic acid, vit d3, pregnacare and 75mg aspirin every day adding progesterone and prednisiolone after ov.
I am now being forced to take a break following several months of taking the prednisolone.

I don't know why we are struggling to get that elusive BFP now, I had 3 pregnancies in 4 months in 2010 so not quite sure what is going on at the moment.
I plan to make an appt with my gp to talk about assisted fertility treatments, but not sure I meet the criteria due to my age and my history of recurrent pregnancy loss, my last gp said I wouldn't qualify for these very reasons, so I have been forced to find a new gp, one that is hopefully much more sympathetice to my cause.

TTC is such a rollercoaster and my dh's sister and my own sister both announced they were pregnant this year which has made it even more difficult and caused lots of arguments and stress between dh and I.

I too am starting to wonder if this is ever gonna happen for us.

I'd be interested to hear about all your experiences and if anyone wants to ask me anything please do xxx.

Lee have you been tested for the cause of you RMC? I don't know what the protocol in Scotland is but in the UK it is once you have had 3. That said a lot of people have complained that NHS testing is so limited everything comes back as 'normal' because they don't carry out the full genetic testing that is needed. Would private be an option?

MrsFX probably just a fluke as had done this before but the last cycle that we had was successful and we used conceive plus squirted in a soft cup and pushed in the last time we dtd before ovulation AND because DH has strange SA readings (some fine, some low) we also spaced out dtd to only 7 days before, 4 days before and 2 days before ovulation - of course this is always difficult to predict as I personally ovulate on different days each month :wacko:

Hi FF, I had the NHS tests a couple of years ago, since then I have also had appointments with Prof Quenby in Birmingham and Dr Shehata in London, so tested for most things including NK Cells.
I def think that my problem is with inmplantation and possible immunology issues that have not been picked up, I read a paper that stated some problems only present themselves once you are pregnant, so I am following the protocol with the steroids etc anyway.

I just need to get a BFP now to see if the treatment will work, it has worked for many on the RM thread and one of the girls has just had a beautiful baby boy after 5 miscarriages, so I'm really hoping it will work for me too.

I just need that BFP now, but nothing in over a year, it's so frustrating. It never gets any easier looking at a BFN, I'm worried as to why we are not getting pregnant now.
I had an ectopic pregnancy last January and lost my right tube, then got pregnant 3 months after the operation, unfortunately it ended in a miscarriage and nothing since then. I'm trying to get an appt to discuss assisted conception although I don't think I meet the criteria in Scotland.
I ovulate as FF confirms this along with OPK's.
It's so frustrating :(

Lee - I've found this on the HFEA website about criteria. https://www.hfea.gov.uk/fertility-treatment-cost-nhs.html#3 I think this is just general though and that each PCT has their own specific criteria.

Thanks Ickle. That's great, I'll take a look at it. I have an appt with my local msp soon to discuss fertiltity and recurrent miscarriage tests within the NHS x.

I just looked Ickle and as i thought the age limit is 38.
I am 39 in August so I need to check the criteria with my gp to see if I would still qualify.
Thanks huni.
Is this something that you have looked into yourself? x

I've just seen on a clinic website that if your GP won't refer you, try getting referred to a gynae and see if they'll refer you.

We're currently on the waiting list for IVF and should be getting near the top for this area. Our place was dependant on me getting below a BMI of 35, which I have now. We're due to go back to the clinic in July to see how I'm getting on so I'm hoping to have a BMI of nearly 30 by then.

We're not actually sure if we want to start IVF straight away because I'd been taking NSAID's longterm for arthritis and I recently found out that they can cause temporary infertility (sorry if you read this in my previous post), so I think we want more monitoring done first and a few extra cycles to try naturally or possibly with clomid/injectibles first before moving on to IVF.

Hey girls, just want to update you all on my status and kind of vent ...

So I started injectables about 7 days ago ... this will be my 8th day on it and I've already been to the doctors 4 times ... I feel like I'm going crazy. Also, the injectables are giving me really bad headaches ... it's awful! Last night I had a headache for 6 hours and finally I was like I need to just go to sleep, so I went to sleep at 8:30 and when I woke up this morning it was gone thank god but I can't take it much longer. I told the doctor that I was getting terrible headaches this morning when I went in for my scan and he said something about it being because my estrogen or estridol is low ... he said that when it comes up the headaches should go away ... the worst part is ... I've been taking 1000mg of tylenol (they said that was safe) and it doesn't even help!!! It's really not fun.

So I've been on this medication for 7 days ... I'm about CD 11 or 12 today and my follicles are still only around 10mm and I believe I have about 3. I actually have a lot more to be honest but the other ones are very small and not mature, which is good because if too many were mature then they wouldn't let me proceed with the IUI. I'm wondering if they don't have me on a high enough dose of the Gonal F to move these follicles along or what. I mean I understand they don't want to over stim me but by CD 11 or 12 I feel they should be bigger than 10mm!

Doctor said that his nurse would call me tonight and let me know what to do with my Gonal F, if I should increase the dose or not...

I just updated my post. My ectopic was last January not last June.

Ickle great news about your BMI, I agree, think I would feel the same best to know all is good before you go with the IVF. God, all the waiting around kills me though, my last gp wouldn't prescribe Clomid, infact they didn't do much, so yeah I'm hoping that my new gp will refer me to a local clinic that has been recommended to me.

Are you actively trying now, I need to break from my meds for 1 or 2 months now :(

Yeah we are trying. Just waiting for the mating season to begin again lol!

oh ash what a night mare hun.. And headaches make you feel like crap especially when they are real bad.. Keep us posted let us know what the nurse says this evening, hope its good news..

Lee - it really makes me laugh some times when there like you have to be this age and meet this criteria etc.. Do they not understand that some of us struggle and its not by choice! Really annoys me at times.. Really hope new gp helps you hun.. X

afm - cd 5 so waiting for our time to begin.. Ha.. Nothing else really to report hope this month is every ones month xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->