Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Nurse called me a couple of hours ago and we're doing two more days of 75 units of Gonal F. I go in Thursday for another ultrasound and bloodwork ... god I'm sick of being poked with needles, not to mention because I have so many folliles it's sore to have the ultrasound done. Oh well, its gotta be done. Anyways, that's the news for now...

I had my CD 13 ultrasound today. I have two follies measuring 22 and 24. I will be going in for my IUI tomorrow morning!

Good luck Cynthia :flower:

Ash sorry your having a tough time :hugs: keep strong my sweet xxx

Well bleeding and cramps have kicked up a notch so hoping post surgery bleeding is almost done :wacko:

Fisher - Are they monitoring your lining at all? I know clomid can thin it so some women either need oestrogen to help thicken it up or they switch to injectables which don't affect the lining nearly as much.

Well no. I was actually only supposed to be monitored for the first clomid cycle but ended up having an ultrasound for the second clomid cycle as well because I never got a positive OPK at home. I know with the 1 monitoring cycle they commented on the thickness of my lining during the ultrasound, but nothing other than that. I'm doing clomid 50 again this month and she said if I don't get a positive OPK by CD 14 this time they will need to do bloodwork and an ultrasound so as to not miss O. Which, is partially good, but I live in the US so I have to pay 100% of every little thing out of pocket which gets expensive fast. Monitoring doubles the cost of the IUI each month. :wacko:

Ah ok. That's not so good then. The NHS is far from perfect but I think we have it so much easier than you ladies in the US, not having to worry about money on top of everything else.

... unless you fall outside of the rules icklepandy, then you have to pay the lot!

welcome to all the new ladies,

just checking in not much to report my FS appointment is in just under 2 weeks!!!

Amy that is fab :)

Couldn't agree with you more Urch :thumbup: Apparently we're too young to do anything pro-active on NHS :growlmad: I wish 26 was young :haha:

Yeah that's true urchin! And even if you're within the rules it's a lottery to how much treatment you get. We're so lucky in this area that we get 3 full IVF cycles funded but in other areas you only get 1. It should be the same everywhere.

hiya everyone just wondering how long u guys have been on waiting lists after referral?we've been referred this week after a long 2ww and a neg test :(

Well it depends - being referred to a fertility clinic doesn't necessarily mean you'll be getting IVF, they'll usually want to do their own tests first and then discuss treatment options with you. When we were put on the waiting list for IVF we were told the list was around 18 months long, but they did say that it could change depending on how things went with the people ahead of us.

It'll be different in different areas though. I think some clinics publish their waiting lists on the HFEA website.

ETA - I think we only had a few months to wait between the GP referring us and our appointment at the clinic. We had 2 appointments the same day - the first one was first thing in the morning for DH to give his SA sample and then the second one later in the day was with the consultant to discuss the results etc.

We only waited 6 weeks for our FS referral but I think we were sped through as I had grounds for medical malpractice against GP and they didn't wanted to keep me happy :lol:

It sucks doesn't it FF - you're too young and I'm too old!

You're right IckleP - we all pay the same taxes; it shouldn't matter which health authority we belong to x

Hi guys..we have been TTC for 8 years and we had a M/C 6 years ago. In all that time lots of :bfn:. My GP here suggested the Billings Ovulation Method while we were waiting for IVF and after only charting 2 cycles yesterday I got :bfp:. I cannot express how I feel and if not shocked. I highly recommend the Billings Method and if anyone would like to know anymore information send me a message. I am proof it can happen eventually. Baby dust to you all and good luck on your journey :dust:

congrats lorna! Bet your made us.. Whats the billings ovulation method im sure i wont be the only one on here that wants to know.. Really happy for you x

lucy xx

Hi ladies! I had my IUI this morning! I had an ultrasound first to make sure that I ovulated. One follicle was already gone but the other was still holding on. Doctor said that I should ovulate the other in a few hours. I sure hope so! Hubby's sperm count was better than I expected. He has male factor IF and even though his counts are low, I am happy that he had 28 million motile swimmers! Now for my very long tww! Baby dust to all!

Hi Lucy, the Billings is a similar method to the temperature charting but has been proven in studies to be as successful as IVF. Both my husband and I are sub-fertile, I have endo and he has bordering low motility and count. You are trained by a qualified billings trainer, there are rules involved i.e. when to have intercourse and not etc. What you are charting is your mucous and recognising when YOU ovulate and if you have ovulated. The first cycle I charted I did not ovulate properly and had a very short luteul phase..without this method I wouldnt have known that. The second cycle I knew when I ovulated as per mucous (sorry if TMI) and calculated when my next period was due and knew that I should have a good luteal phase. Well that period never came and here I am now. Sorry if it does not make too much sense. You can ask as many questions as you like xx

Congrats lorna, that is great! :)

I don't really have changes in cm so not sure if that would work for me.

Was it costly to get the advice and plan from the trained person?

Cynthia that all sounds positive! Keeping it all crossed :)!x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->