Anyone LTTTC Number One?

How funny how many of us are wishing the witch shows so we can get started with IUI/IVF/tests etc what a change hey ha xx

Wannabe - good luck keep us posted :)

Sugar - roll on Friday bet you can't wait x

Ash - hope your cold goes away soon.. X

I'm itching for AF to start too so I can start clomid. It's a nice change from dreading it lol!

I've noticed that I've been exhausted and I've had these weird sharp pains in what seems to be my ovaries but other than that no side effects. I am reallllly tired though which is annoying ... for example yesterday I slept from 11AM until 4PM ... just so tired. I am also coming down with a head cold so I'm sure that doesn't help. No I'm not sore from the shots, they don't hurt and I'm so used to them now it's like .. normal routine for me. :haha: No bruises or anything! :happydance:

I am glad that the side effects are minimal and that the injections are pain free so far!! Fingers crossed the rest of the cycle isn't too bad either and that in the end you get your sticky bean!!! :dust::dust::dust::dust:

I'm starting on 50mg CD2-6. Hopefully that's enough to get me ovulating but they'll up the dose next month if needs be.

ickle - good luck with the 50mg clomid!

wannabe - how did your scan go this morning?

AFM - still no AF ... :( Very sad ... and wanting her to come becuase I took off work for the procedure dates (the egg retrieval and the ET) and now since my period is taking forever to get here ... its' pushing back those dates so it's kinda screwing me over with work. Lame!!!! She has to be here by today or it's all messed up.

I hope she shows up soon Ash. Have you told your work that you're doing IVF? I'm not sure if I'll tell mine if we get to that stage. My line manager would be ok but I'm not sure the other managers would.

Well I'm a Nanny and so I told her that I was having a procedure done but not that I was having IVF ... so ... it's kinda complicated though because if it gets pushed out because of my period I don't know what I'm going to tell her.

Good morning Ladies,
How is everyone doing? I am doing ok. Yesterday i cleaned the whole house and did all of our laundry. Today I am just relaxing and waiting for my counseling appointment. AF won't be here for a while considering she just came 10/3/12.

Ash - maybe tell her it is a female surgery and it all depends on your period, which is late, so that will push back the surgery. After all, that isnt a total lie!!! Where do you inject the gonal? Is it done in the lower abdomen like the ovidrel?

I hope everyone who wants their AF to come shows up soon! Mine finally came yesterday around 5pm....I was jumping up and down for joy in the bathroom...DH was standing there looking at me like I was nuts....lol...oh if men could only understand. HAHAHAHA

ttcbaby - that's not a bad idea :) I shall do that! I go into work tomorrow so I'll talk to her about it then. Yeah the gonal F is injected in the lower abdominal just like the ovidrel :) Easy peasy!

Welll... Todays appointment was shit... and I was holding back tears as I was leaving and cried on my drive home well on the phone with DH telling him what happened. :cry:

The day started out crappy because I was supposed to arrive between 7:15 to 8:30, but the traffic was so bad that my hour drive turned into an hour and a half, and I arrived a half an hour late. :wacko:

So I paid my $230 dollars when I got there, (which ended up being a waste of $$) They drew my blood to look at my LH & E2 levels. My normal DR wasn't in the office to do the ultrasound so I had this other male DR which made it awkward for me, and he was just reading and catching up on all of my history.

So the Dr. saw one big follicle that looked good, anda couple of smaller ones that were about 13 mm, But the problem is on that side where my ovary is I have problems with the fallpian tube on that side and even though the DR showed the dye flowed through my tube during my Lap, the DR wasn't sure of what kind of condition my tube was in on that side of my body. My good ovary with the good tube only had one tiny follice. So the DR didn't recommend us moving forward with the IUI and spending the 350.00 for the IUI. :cry: So out the window goes my $230 bucks, what a friggen waste of $$ that was...

The Dr. also saw some new fibroids. I know that I had one fibroid in the muscle wall of my uterus already, but the DR said there were a couple more small fibroids there as well now. :cry: Even though he said they dont need surgery and shouldn't affect my fertility I was still surprised to learn I had more fibroids.. where the hell did they come from!!! I don't think they were there before... Lordy... :growlmad:

So the DR said I should come back at the end of the month to see how my body is handling the clomid for blood work and they may want to step up the clomid dose to 100 mg's instead of the 50 and then I would do the IUI again. The Dr. said that women ovulate on the different sides of the ovaries and that it switchs back and forth from side to side....

So DH & me will just have timed :sex: and I will use my OPK's for the rest of my October cycle... not sure what I should do with the trigger shot though since we aren't doing anymore IUI's, I dont know if it would help me with this cycle doing the trigger or not...:shrug:

Well long story short, I am not willing to go through this all over again and spend another $230 in hopes that I am ovulating on my good side next month...:nope::growlmad:

So I have decided that IVF & ICSI is our next step for November. Even though this appointment was upsetting and I lost $$... this appointment just made me even more sure that IVF & ICSI is the right step for DH & me next.

Our success rates are already so low at 15% for each IUI cycle and now with my crappy one tube and only ovulating good on one side I am even more sure it is a waste of time. :wacko:

I know that during my HSG the dye didn't flow through my one tube, but I thought that since the DR go the dye to come out on that side that might of been blocked it would at least be good enough for IUI, I wish the DR had mentioned that this problem could occur, it caught me off gaurd today when the DR told me the tube isn't worthy of attempting the IUI. I think I misunderstood the real deal with my one tube after the surgery, or the covering DR interpreted my health history differently.. Either way it sucks...

I have my phone consult for the IVF & ICSI back in my hometown on Friday morning early morning so I am going to have a list of questions for the DR.

I have the live music concert tonight with Nneka and I am feeling like shit, and not in the mood to go out, but I am going to try to enjoy the show anyways, and I am so tired with a raging head ache.. What a shit day this ended up being.. SIGH....:growlmad::cry:

wannabe - oh my goodness what a day you have had. I am so sorry you have gone through that. Fibroids are such a pain, I have had them removed a couple of times now....they do recur and it is annoying, but thankfully not bad as long as they arent inside the uterus. I guess this is the universe telling you to follow your gut LOL, I remember you saying you really did want to go straight to IVF. I know you were going back and forth about IUI or straight to IVF. Well I know that IVF will work for you, hun. I hope your day gets better.

Thanks Ash! I am so excited about this!

wannabe - I'm so sorry you've had such a rough morning and that your cycle was cancelled!!! :hugs:

Don't use the trigger yourself. I would save it because if you do decide to go through with the IVF you're going to need it. Just keep it in the fridge! I really feel like you're making the right decision moving onto IVF/ICSI considering your situation. I know it's a lot of money and it is stressful but it will be worth it in the end! :hugs: Try to keep your head up, it will work out. Regarding the fibroids or polyps, I don't really know how all of that stuff works since I've never had any of those but I'm sure they will know how to go about dealing with that and taking care of it. We're all here for support :hugs: It will work out!

yep cd2. I am going in tomorrow for my cd3 scan and will start femara tomorrow evening. I head over to Florida on the 22nd to start the injectables and monitoring. I will be doing B2B IUI's which I do hope with work. I know most havent had a good outcome on IUI but I wanted to try it at least once before looking into IVF. Anyway, I am just happy to be trying something other than what we have been doing for the last 2 years.

Thanks for the kind words and support ladies!!! :hugs::hugs:I really appreciate it!!

@TTC, yes it is true I didn't even want to bother with the IUI, but since I didn't have anything planned for my October cycle I figured we could squeeze in one cycle of IUI without it delaying my IVF/ICSI cycle for November. But, I didn't think we would just toss $230 bucks out the window and not even be able to do the IUI... i wish i knew about the possibility of only ovulating on the side with the bad tube and it preventing me from being able to do the IUI. I probably wouldn't of even bothered with it at all, It is just another problem to add to the list of problems that DH and me already have.. making IUI pointless.... :wacko:

@Ash, thanks for the kind words and well wishes!!! Fingers crossed that AF comes soon for you, so you don't get delayed much more with your cycle!!! :thumbup:

yeah I can uderstand how frustrating that must be. You would think your dr would have explained that to you or maybe had your try injectables which would have probably produced more follicles. OH well....IVF here you come!!!!!

ttcbaby - There is definitely nothing wrong with trying IUI before IVF. IVF is such a long, expensive process it's definitely not stupid to try it. Especially if you have to pay out of pocket! Can't wait to hear about how your cycle is going!

Wannabe - Your doctor should have explained that to you more thoroughly but what I've noticed is that you also have to be very hands on with your treatment too ... there were questions that I've asked that if I didn't I would be screwed over. But it is really hard to know what you should be asking since we're not doctors! It's really important to also find a doctor that you trust because that's a big thing with going through IUI or IVF. Lesson learned right? And IVF will work for you!

yeah I can uderstand how frustrating that must be. You would think your dr would have explained that to you or maybe had your try injectables which would have probably produced more follicles. OH well....IVF here you come!!!!!

It's funny.. because the DR didn't even mention injectibles to me... I asked about trying 100 mg of clomid next to get more follicles but he wanted me to do more blood work for that... I am so tired of the emotional roller coaster, I dont think I have it in me to go through this IUI stuff over and over again, I am running on fumes as far as my emotional health is concerned. My tank is empty. DH had his reversal 3 years ago this month so this journey feels like a life time at this point!!! :dohh:

I have learned more from the ladies like you and the others on the boards than I have from my DR..... If I was up to doing IUI again I would ask about injetibles... but I know those drugs get very costly so it wouldn't make sense to bother with it, when i would be taking away from my savings to pay for the IVF & ICSI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->