Anyone LTTTC Number One?

Wannabe - I would call the doctor and just ask, I mean if the numbers are really low when he gives his sample I'm sure you guys could just cancel the insem, save the money and just have regular BDing.

Lucylou - thanks for not judging, I pretty much knew most of you wouldn't but some people you just never know. I think the 2013 wedding being bad luck sounds good! OH and I are in the same boat as you, we don't want a big wedding but we want a wedding in Hawaii so we need to save up some more money before we'd be comfortable dropping lots of money on the wedding. For flowers, and travel, and we want to stay there for 2 weeks so we need lodging money etc. It's all very expensive.

Lacey - I want a big wedding, so gives us time to save up some more pennies, oh knows what I'm like he he, We are also going to continue ttc and see what happens I'm not worring about planning our wedding and what if we got pregnant what will be will be and we will deal with it when it happens of course I would love our bundle of joy at our wedding though :)

Ash - your mums insurance sounds great hun, and I think I speak for every one on here no one would judge you! X we got engaged last december, I always knew we wouldnt rush and oh wouldn't get married in 2013 thinks it's bad luck ha ha..

Ttc - libra baby sounds good to me :) glad your sister can inject you yey :)

Pink - I will be stalking you :) how you feeling? Xx

Yeah Lucy I know what you mean, I would be ok to be pregnant and have my first child there=)

I'd stay on that insurance if I was you too Ash. It's just a shame that you have to factor that into when to get married.

Side Effects of the steroids... It looks like he would need to use them for 3 weeks which is considered long term use and it lists impotence as a side effect.... There isn't anything at all about lowering :spermy: count, so I am happy about that and DH isn't having any performance issues, so we should be okay and hopefully it won't impact hus numbers for the IUI!!! He only took the drug for 6 days. :thumbup:

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/methylprednisolone-side-effects.html

General

Adverse effects have occurred less frequently when minimum dosages have been administered.

Adverse effects of corticosteroid therapy may be subdivided into those associated with short-term therapy (to three weeks) and those of long-term therapy (> three weeks).

Short-term effects have included sodium retention-related weight gain and fluid accumulation, hyperglycemia and glucose intolerance, hypokalemia, gastrointestinal upset and ulceration, reversible depression of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, and mood changes ranging from mild euphoria and insomnia to nervousness, restlessness, mania, catatonia, depression, delusions, hallucinations, and violent behavior.

Long-term effects have included HPA suppression, Cushingoid appearance, hirsutism or virilism, impotence, and menstrual irregularities, peptic ulcer disease, cataracts and increased intraocular pressure/glaucoma, myopathy, osteoporosis, and vertebral compression fractures.

ickle - it is kinda annoying that we have to factor that in, I wish we would just be able to get pregnant naturally buuuut we were going to wait until 2014 anyways to save the money for the wedding we want so .. it's not so bad!

Ash - I'm. Of sure if it is a pen but either way....I'm just happy to save some $$.

Wannabe that is great news about the meds not having any effect. Also call your re and see if they might be concerned.

Lucy - I didn't want a big wedding either but dh did so we did the big thing.....i n the end it was fine, Ijust tend to be shy and I don't like the spotlight...but a few glasses of champagne cured that :) ....our wedding was really beautiful and perfect.

My DH and me had a small wedding with about 50 people, and it still cost us an arm and a leg!! :haha: We got married at this old southern style home because I lived down South for about 6 years and we had our wedding ceremony outdoors at a gazebo and gardens. Our reception was actually at the same location as the wedding ceremony. They have a really pretty ball room right there. It was a very beautiful sunny day, my brides maids wore gold dresses, and the flowers were a soft yellow and white roses.
I had a really pretty dress with silver bead work and flower design on the top, the bottom had ruffles with silver beaded flwers throughout. I found my gown at a bridal mart and fell in love with it right away!! Anyways, long story short it was a beautiful day and I will stop rambling on because I definatly could. LOL...:blush::haha:

Hello all! I'm bopping on over to this thread. I think I've been in LTTTC denial. I had one pregnancy January 2012 that ended in a MC and since then, nothing. I have some ovulation issues and DH has sperm issues and OMG....it's so frustrating. We are currently doing Femara + Progesterone but I'm already making plans to do something a little more drastic. My MW will call next week to discuss local IUI options and I've got a clinic picked out about 4 hours away for IVF. We can go either way but I don't want to! ~throws hissy fit here~ I just want to get pregnant like a normal person.

Hello Operationbbyo. These are a lovely group of ladies. We're possibly going to need to do IVF too. It sucks doesn't it. I just keep reminding myself of the end goal and that gets me through.

AFM - FF has put me at 3DPO today (it was saying 10DPO yesterday for some reason lol) so I've been working out when AF is due and when I'll start clomid etc. If dates don't change, I'll get my scan on Monday the 5th of November, we need to abstain for 48 hours beforehand but DH is away that weekend so that won't be a problem and he's home all week after the scan so it looks good. I'm just dying to get started now :)

Welcome opertionbby you will find lots of support on here every one is lovely :)

Ikle - I know that feeling.. Hopefully time will fly by and you'll be able to start very soon huni x

Xx

Hi ladies I hope u r all well sorry but I haven't had a chance to read the 20-30 pages since I was last on. Just to let u all know my appointment went well they took loads of blood from both if us and they will decide what treatment will be best for us from the results, but if all is well would will be due to start whatever treatment we have round Jan 2013 and it will be funded so we are over the moon with the outcome xx

Hello all! I'm bopping on over to this thread. I think I've been in LTTTC denial. I had one pregnancy January 2012 that ended in a MC and since then, nothing. I have some ovulation issues and DH has sperm issues and OMG....it's so frustrating. We are currently doing Femara + Progesterone but I'm already making plans to do something a little more drastic. My MW will call next week to discuss local IUI options and I've got a clinic picked out about 4 hours away for IVF. We can go either way but I don't want to! ~throws hissy fit here~ I just want to get pregnant like a normal person.

Welcome to the group!!!:flower: I am currently in the middle of my first IUI cycle and debating about what to do next if it doesn't work. I am not sure if I would retry the IUI or just move straight to IVF & ICSI. Details are in my signature about my story.

Good luck and baby dust to you!! :dust::dust::dust:

https://i564.photobucket.com/albums/ss88/sally678_2009/Welcome/WelcomeETCHStarbabygirl06.gif

Wannabe - that wedding sounds beautiful :)

Operation - welcome hun.....

Tasha - glad you are getting to the bottom of it all...please let us know what you blood work results are.

Ickle - why did your ovulation change so much?

AFM, still waiting on AF that progesterone delays my period so much. I looked back at my chart and my period didn't come last time until 5 days after I took the last pill....ugh...I just want to get this cycle start :)

@Tasha, Good luck, I hope the blood work brings you some answers!! :hugs:

@TTC, I hope your AF comes soon so you can move forward with your next cycle!!!:hugs: Thanks, for the compliment about my wedding, it really was a lovely day!! :flower:

FF got it completely wrong yesterday I think ttcbaby. It went from no ovulation one day to 10DPO the next. 3DPO fits in better with my usual ov day so I'm happy with that.

I hope your AF comes soon. There's enough waiting with LTTTC as it is!

TTCbaby--I want some of your cycle! Even on progesterone I start spotting and I'm on 200mg twice a day. My body seriously hates me I think! lol

Wannabe--gosh it's so hard to decide how long to try something. DH wants us to try IUI first with his sperm and then maybe donor sperm. IDK though. IVF is so expensive so I almost feel like IUI is a waste of money that we could be putting towards IVF. Ah decisions, decisions.

TTCbaby--I want some of your cycle! Even on progesterone I start spotting and I'm on 200mg twice a day. My body seriously hates me I think! lol

Wannabe--gosh it's so hard to decide how long to try something. DH wants us to try IUI first with his sperm and then maybe donor sperm. IDK though. IVF is so expensive so I almost feel like IUI is a waste of money that we could be putting towards IVF. Ah decisions, decisions.

I know what you mean!!! At first I wasn't even going to bother with IUI because my DR gave us a 15% chance of success because of DH's low :spermy: count. But my sister is going to help us out with the IUI costs and if it isn't a success than she is going to reimburse me for the cost of the IUI, which is about $700 bucks total at the clinic I go to. I found a clinic back in my home town that is about 6 hours drive from where I live currently and their IVF & ICSI costs about half of what it does at my local clinic so I am going to stay with family and make the drive if the IUI doesn't work out.

If it wasn't for my sister helping out with the cost of the IUI I don't think I would of been willing to use up all of my savings on the IUI and than not be able to afford the IVF & ICSI if it didn't work. It is such a hard decision knowing what to do next....:dohh:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do next hun!!! :dust::dust:

FF got it completely wrong yesterday I think ttcbaby. It went from no ovulation one day to 10DPO the next. 3DPO fits in better with my usual ov day so I'm happy with that.

I hope your AF comes soon. There's enough waiting with LTTTC as it is!

I am glad that FF got your temps and O day figured out!!! :winkwink: I hope you had a good weekend!! Good luck to you!! :dust::dust::dust:

I know what you mean!!! At first I wasn't even going to bother with IUI because my DR gave us a 15% chance of success because of DH's low :spermy: count. But my sister is going to help us out with the IUI costs and if it isn't a success than she is going to reimburse me for the cost of the IUI, which is about $700 bucks total at the clinic I go to. I found a clinic back in my home town that is about 6 hours drive from where I live currently and their IVF & ICSI costs about half of what it does at my local clinic so I am going to stay with family and make the drive if the IUI doesn't work out.

If it wasn't for my sister helping out with the cost of the IUI I don't think I would of been willing to use up all of my savings on the IUI and than not be able to afford the IVF & ICSI if it didn't work. It is such a hard decision knowing what to do next....:dohh:

Good luck with whatever you decide to do next hun!!! :dust::dust:

Wannabe- the IVF at the clinic near your home is the cost for one shot or is it for one of those package deals? When we were talking about IVF I was super paranoid it would take more than one go.

well back at work today so have the internet wohoo.

Op went well still have 0 energy but all things looked clear from what i can remember.

Left tube was abit slower to take the dye but after he clamped the right it started going through, no fibroids or polyps or endo so thats a big positive. thats all I remember as I cant believe they try telling you all this when you are still recovering.

Got a follow up appointment in November so hopefully I will remember more after that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->