Anyone LTTTC Number One?

@JustKia, sorry hun, but I dont do charting so I have no clue what I am looking at, but I wish you good luck and am sending you tons of baby dust that you can get your BFP this month!!!! :dust: :dust:

AFM, I have broke down and started testing early, and this month I have a different brand of IC, these ones have the blue handles with HCG written on them in a light blue color, and I got what looks like a BFP this morning, BUT... as you girls know I had problems with the Pink handled IC's with the HCG written on them in the red/pink color last month and it turned out I wasnt pregnant, so I am not excited or anything yet... I am having a hard time believing it.... :wacko: I did 5 IC's and they were all positive so who knows...

Anyways here is a link to the thread if anyone wants to look and tell me what you think??....

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...-ic-w-fmu-pg-2-bfp-should-not-trust-ic-2.html

@Ilove sweeties... I just wanted to welcome you to the group and send you lots of luck and tons of baby dust.....:dust::dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/GoldStar-2.gif

Hi ladies! Bit late in joining the thread, hope there's still room for a little one :flower:

I'm 31, been TTC since April 2010 and never had one single :bfp: I'm currently waiting to make my ultrasound appointment. Hubby's SA is November 24th and next appointment with consultant is on my bloody birthday - 3 months away :dohh: Still no idea as to whether or not I actually ovulate as all blood tests so far have been inconclusive.

And that's my little tale of woe.
:dust: to us all xxx

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/welcome-2-1.gif

Justkia -
Your temps are a little all over the place but I don't see anything to
Clearly be O. What happened on the two days of bigger temp spikes? Is there any reason you should throw those two days out? I'd keep going with the OPKs cause it doesn't look like you've had a positive with them yet & your chart doesn't show a clear ovulation pattern. Confusing though.

-- that said I get beautiful charts every single month and the last group I was a part of has long annovulatory looking charts and our B&B group fizzled out because they both got pregnant ages ago and I'm still plodding along.

Justkia -I looked at your chart and I have to say it is really confusing! I have a feeling the only way you will beable to tell is when AF arrives. I don't see any, but do you do OPKs?

I do and they've been neg since CD3, around CD10 they were darkest but still no where near the control line - not even slightly.
I've tested at least twice per day, sometime 3 :blush:

Justkia -
Your temps are a little all over the place but I don't see anything to clearly be O. What happened on the two days of bigger temp spikes? Is there any reason you should throw those two days out? I'd keep going with the OPKs cause it doesn't look like you've had a positive with them yet & your chart doesn't show a clear ovulation pattern. Confusing though.

-- that said I get beautiful charts every single month and the last group I was a part of has long annovulatory looking charts and our B&B group fizzled out because they both got pregnant ages ago and I'm still plodding along.

Nothing to cause the spikes that I know of - I found it odd that CD16-18 and CD19-21 were almost identical though (0.01C diff). I didn't drink the night before, the room wasn't hotter than usual, no late eating or unusually spicy food (I say "unusually spicy" because I use a lot of herbs and spices all the time), no unusual sleep patterns, I'd got over my cold by then :shrug:

If this was any of the last few years I wouldn't be surprised as my cycles went very irregular but this year they've been lovely and regular - be typical that they'll go all funky again just because I decided to pay more attention and start opk-ing and temping :rolleyes:

Kia I agree with Fisher I can't seem to find ovulation either hun, keep at it :flower:

Well I have used softcups for the first time today (DH surprised me this morning ;) ) and I have to say I am not liking them so far. They have made me feel crampy with a sore lower back pretty much since I popped them in. They must be in right as apart from a bit of initial leakage when inserting (sorry for TMI :blush:) I have been clear all day but they have left me feeling like I have a heavy uncomfortable period :shrug:

Wannabe I really hope this is it for you hun :hugs:

@Fiesty, thanks for looking at my HPT thread hun....:flower:

I have the soft cups, but they freak me out because I always get scared they will get stuck up in there.... i wish they had a rope or something to pull them out with, like a tampon does... I know they supposidly cant get lost in there but I always feel huge anxiety when one is in there, and than I scratched myself with my long nails trying to pull the dam thing out... and than I can never tell how far I need to push it back, it feels like it could just go back forever in there... One time i started crying and thinking the dam thing was stuck and was going to get DH to pull it out for me, Than I worry I will somehow block the :spermy: from going where they need to go by putting the dam thing in wrong:wacko:... so long story short I have the soft cups, but dont have the balls to use them....:blush:

Aww wannabe I think you have pretty much summed up every thought I have had with regards to soft cups :haha:

I may use them in the future but not too sure :shrug: Still cramping even though it's out :wacko:

@Fiesty, thanks for looking at my HPT thread hun....:flower:

I have the soft cups, but they freak me out because I always get scared they will get stuck up in there.... i wish they had a rope or something to pull them out with, like a tampon does... I know they supposidly cant get lost in there but I always feel huge anxiety when one is in there, and than I scratched myself with my long nails trying to pull the dam thing out... and than I can never tell how far I need to push it back, it feels like it could just go back forever in there... One time i started crying and thinking the dam thing was stuck and was going to get DH to pull it out for me, Than I worry I will somehow block the :spermy: from going where they need to go by putting the dam thing in wrong:wacko:... so long story short I have the soft cups, but dont have the balls to use them....:blush:

:haha:That would absolutely be me! Just the thought of putting one of those things in makes me nervous! Your tests look positive to me hun!

Wannabe- again? This is like déjà vu. I do see the line you're referencing - but and this is going to sound weird - but it seems like its too far down the stick? Like too far away from the control line? How many DPO are you?

Regarding soft cups- the fist couple times I put them in they did give me some cramps. Make sure you've got them turned the right way? The second two times I used them after BDing they didn't bother me. Apparently as I work in women's health I have no issue going in after things :rofl: oh well. I'm not pregnant on the first cycle using them with BDing two days before the day of and the day after O do they're not the miracle workers I had hoped for so I wouldn't stress yourselves out about them.

Alright everyone I have an important semi-TTC related question & survey. I'm in a foul and depressed mood slump and I want everyone to share their tricks for bringing themselves out of TTC related sadness or inspiring a PMA while LTTTC....
Ready? Go!

@Fisher.... That is where the line is supposed to be oddly enough... The only reason why I know that is because I dipped one test in soda to see where the line was supposed to be on the tests because I had never used them before..(Soda/Coke flavor will give you a positive test). I did like a total of 5 IC's this morning with FMU and the second line was in the same place on all of the IC's I used.. I know it looks low but i guess that is just how they are made... weird I know...:wacko: And Yes I do feel like it is deja-vu again and I have my doubts with these tests after what happened last month.. I feel like a crazy women and hopefully you girls dont think I am completely off my rocker with what I have been going through lately....:wacko:

As far as getting out of a slump when I get sad with TTC... the only thing that helps me is to find something to keep me busy, some kind of a distraction... If I just get out of the house for the day, go on a long walk or shopping, i usually feel better... I go speed walking and it is a good stress reliver and i always feel calm after... Sometimes i just talk to DH and have a good cry.. or vent to a close friend...

Blummin eck that's 3 pages since I last looked - this thread has
taken on a life of it's own!

Wannabe - I really hope those sticks are telling you the truth this time - though if it were
me I'd not be getting excited til AF was late and FRER confirmed what their cheapy cousins were saying! Please please please universe, don't let us have to add a Lying Sticks verse to the song

I'm afraid I can't help with the charting thing Kia, I was never very good at interpreting my own and gave up after a few months none the wiser

welcome NellyV - never too late to join... All long termers are
welcome to join us. Jump straight in duck x

Fisher - I guess my answer is that I don't do anything to deliberately lift myself out of a negative slump for 3 days. I'm a big believe that one of the reasons that people can end up with major depressions is that they don't allow themselves to FEEL the negative emotions at the time that they are appropriate.
So if things are depressing, I don't put a happy gloss on it I let myself feel the entirely appropriate feeling of depression. That way I believe I am not storing up for myself a whole pile of major depression for the future.

That said, I also don't want to set myself up a negative downward spiral that I can't then get myself out of. Over the years I have developed
a '3 day rule'. When things are depressing, I allow myself to wallow about feeling depressed for 3 days - then I start acting; doing things to change the situation. Hence my house renovation project, and most recently, my two days of really thrashing out baby names - both things that need to be done for us to bring up a baby, so in my mind necessary actions to take on the baby journey.

Not saying this would work for everyone, but it seems to work well for me.
I do extend the 3 day period for major things like when my dad died - but the thought behind it and the process is the same

AFM another day of cramps ahead of me ... And supervisions all day at work - need to tell my boss today about the IVF news!

Fisher - I agree with Urchin that you should definitely allow yourself to feel sad, if thats what your feeling... but when i'm fed up of being in a grump I usually do something that I love. Like watching Pride and Prejudice or Dirty Dancing, or actually just dancing around the room like a crazy person. I often go out and buy myself something nice whether thats a big fat bit of cheesecake or new shoes. Or find my single girlfriends and go on a night out. Throwing yourself into doing something that will keep you occupied will also help. And just reminding yourself there is life outside of ttc

Also if your particularly brave take a break for one month (this is highly difficult i know as you always think but could it have been that month that would have worked for us) - but if you can don't temp or use OPKs, do have sex around the time of O but don't force it and just do lots of things in that month that you wouldn't normally do. Going out with friends, going to the theatre or cinema and reminding yourself that actually life isn't so bad right now.

I often go round to my sister who has two kids under the age of 5, and spend an afternoon with them and help put them to bed, where they get ratty and get told off and she's exasperated by the end of it and i get to leave and go home to a relaxed and quiet house where I can watch what I want on TV and have my dinner in peace. Now don't get me wrong I desperately want to have that crazy but it sure does make me feel better to think I can escape and do exactly as I please still!

Not sure if that would help everyone but its what works for me.

Lately, my way to combat the depression is video games. It allows me to be able to achive something (that doesn't involve hard house labor) and distracts me from everything. I'm not a huge gamer, but if its a kiddie type game I can get into it.

Good morning ladies!

Kia, I'm sorry hun, I looked at your chart and can't seem to make sense of it. :wacko:

Feisty, it's too bad that you had a bad experience with the cups. I've never had cramping with them, but to be fair I've always used them at night, and it takes a lot to wake me up so maybe I've been sleepcramping :winkwink:

Wannabe!! It must be so annoying for you to go through the same thing again! Maybe testing early doesn't work for you... anyways I hope you get good news :thumbup:

Fisher, I don't really have a trick for PMA other than keeping busy with work, my puppies and friends and family.

AFM, my bbt has been a lot higher than usual from 12 to 14 dpo, but I waited very patiently before testing because a few months ago I had a major spike at 13 dpo and got :af: the next day :cry:

So, this morning I decided to test and I got 2 :bfp: from 2 different brands :happydance: The second lines are not as dark as the control lines, but they are not faint. We don't want to get too excited too early so I'm going to buy a FRER or ClearBlue because I only had cheaper ones, but I'm in a really good mood right now!

I'll keep you updated as soon as I can, have a good day my lovelies :hugs:

Aww wow congratulations Djibou i really hope this is it for you. Wannabe i really hope this is it for you too and not what happened to you last time xx Afm the witch usually comes between cd24-28 (today being cd28) and i'm still waiting, there is no sign apart for a little cramping, so this morning i did a test and it was negative (surprisingly it didn't upset me as much as usually as i have thought all along i was out this month) so just waiting for her to make an appearance xx

@Djibou, Congrats on your BFP!!!!! :happydance: :happydance: I am sending you tons of sticky baby dust and keeping everything crossed that this is a sticky bean and that your lines get nice and dark soon!!!! :dust: :dust:

https://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh126/izzybee22/CongratsontheBFP.gif

Wannabe - I really hope those sticks are telling you the truth this time - though if it were
me I'd not be getting excited til AF was late and FRER confirmed what their cheapy cousins were saying! Please please please universe, don't let us have to add a Lying Sticks verse to the song

This is my thoughts exactly hun!!! I totally agree with you...:thumbup: I won't feel confident about the positive IC's until AF is for sure late and I can confirm my BFP on a more reliable store bought test!!! I am hoping and praying this isnt another set of bad IC's or a chemical pregnancy and this will finally be my month.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->