Anyone ltttc with a large family or wanting a large family?

Congrats motherofboys! How exciting!!!

I'd love to join this party too. I'm so sick of telling people I want one more and getting the "Well, be thankful for the two you have!" I could just scream everytime I hear that. I AM thankful for the two wonderful children I have and that's why I want more. They're a blessing, they've brought more to my life than I could imagine, and I enjoy them... why wouldn't I want more!?! I hate that we're made to feel selfish for wanting more and our losses or negative preg tests are not as hurtful because we already have children. I feel for your ladies, I really do! :hugs:

Welcome newfiefan your right most people don't understand. I've been told I'm mad having 3 and wanting another, God knows what they will say when they find out I'm pregnant. It's just the way some of us are made. When I love something as much as I love my children and pregnancy and motherhood I can't get enough and the more I have the more I want. It's because I appreciate my kids so much that I want more.
I hope you get your bfp in the end. How long have you been trying?

Hello Ladies, may i join in ?

I have a slightly different story than the others. I have 4 children (ages 16-5) and the only one who lives with me is my youngest. My oldest pitched a fit and wanted to live with her father, and because of the things she was doing i gave her my blessing, she currently refuses to speak to me but i chalk it up to the fact she's 16 and hope one day she will wake up. My middle 2 live with my ex after some stunts he pulled, and to make a long story short i felt my kids were much better off with me, but he threatened repeated court actions (and had started to follow them up) and i felt like my children needed stability, so while he's not the best parent he's not abusive or neglectful and it was better than them being in court every few months...

So my DH looked for a new job, we packed it up and moved 1000 miles away (from all the drama and crazy) and we have tried to begin our life together with my 5 year old son. We have been TTC for 13 months and while i clearly have no problems, we have been struck with secondary unexplained infertility.

For the past 13 months we have been "trying" but not really doing much about it, and as we actively want a baby (as opposed to, hey if it happens we're ok with that !) then i dont feel i have much reason to be upset every month with i think im late and i start peeing on sticks only to be terribly disappointed when my period shows up later that day or the next . I have a prescription for both Clomid and Metformin, and i ovulated earlier this month than expected... As the Metformin gives me diarrhea i didn't think i needed to add that to my 103 fever and my newly ruptured ear drum, but since when my next cycle starts the end of the month we'll be using Clomid, i think it's time to buckle down.

ive seen people saying they're becoming too obsessed with charting and temping and so on and so forth, and while sex is times that doesn't mean it has to be a chore, my DH is NOT dying that he HAS to have sex with me every day for a week, and in fact he got none last week due to my illness, so he's excited

Sorry i got off track... .so my next cycle we're doing it all. I bought a Basal thermometer today and tomorrow i will be temping, i will be charting and paying for the FF app (unless someone can advise another app, perhaps where you pay one time and it's paid for and works well ?), i will be starting the Metformin again ASAP, ive been on my prenatal vitamins and i ordered both more Pre Seed and OPK's and soft cups, i will be taking the Mucinex as well.We will be doing everything we can in order to conceive, and really making sure we have the best possible chances.

While i can understand this is going to drive me slightly crazy, i feel it's the best way to "stack the cards in our favor" so to speak. We've done what needed to be done, testing etc so now the only thing we can do is WORK to conceive, instead of idly trying.

So when i was very young and had kids people told me "Well you got your kids out of the way now you can live your life when you get older" and for awhile i figured they were right, then i got divorced and reality set it, so here i am remarried and starting again.

Good luck to all :)

Hi everyone just wanted to introduce myself. I've got 4 kids ds12 dd6 ds4 and dd22 months. I really want at least 5 but maybe 6, eh on the other hand was happy with one and while he won't prevent another he said no to any fertility treatment which gets me bumed out regularly. I needed clomid for both dd's and had 2 MC between the last to kids. I'm currently seeing a gyno as I've only had 3 AF in since falling pregnant with dd2 I hope I can share the lonely journey with you ladies as anyone else I try to talk to say the usual "you ready have your hands full with 4 it's natures way of saying you have enough" annoys the crap out me so much I don't bother to share anymore cause I'm sick of the hurtful comments I get
Anyway hope we can share along the way :)

Hi there,

mob, congratulations, congratulations, congratulations! Fantastic to read that you are pregnant!!!!!!

I haven't been here for a long, long time just to get our 3rd baby out of my system and - as it is often the case - it has worked and I am pregnant, hurray!!!!! After 3 long years!!!

Baby is due in Feburary and I am more than happy :happydance::happydance::happydance:!

So just don't lose hope, it can happen every month, you never know!!

Congratulations Phillippa! It was the same for me, winding down preparing to stop trying after 2 and a half years and bam, pregnant! Can't believe I'm 30 weeks today! Having a forth boy so I don't even need to change my user name LOL
Hope you have a happy healthy pregnancy, and hopefully we will have some more positive up dates from other users who took part in this post.

Congratulations to both of you Phillippa and MOB!!

Still no bfp for me. I'm over 45 cycles into it. A week ago was my 3 year anniversary of ttc. Still wishing I had a 2 year old carting along with my family. I am sad and relieved when AF comes. My baby is 4.5 years and our lives are SO MUCH EASIER now that it's actually a little disconcerting thinking about having a baby again..........while at the same time I am still sad each and every AF. Yep, it's ambivalence, lol.

Congrats you guys.

Guess I should update as well...I posted in here a long time ago. We finally got our bfp! I am 13 weeks tmrw with baby #5, 1st one for my hubby. Everyone keep up hope! x

Congratulations tryn4!
So lovely to see that the bfps do come in for those LTTTC after already having children.
Readyformore its lovely to hear from you and see how your getting on. I recently read a blog about being 'in the sweet spot' where your children are between the baby/toddler needing you to do everything for them stage, and the far too independent to be seen with you in the street. Where for a while everything becomes easier and you can take time to step back and look at how blessed you are, rather than what you don't have. I must say as excited as I am about having this baby, I was beginning to make plans and prepare myself for the time when I'd have to call it a day. Those plans are now on hold. And although I'm not sure if this will be my last, I do look forward to a time when I don't have to wipe someone elses bum, or worry about going out to dinner because someone might get over tired and grouchy, or throw a tantrum.

Thank you! Well all mine are fairly self sufficient, even my 9 yr old, and when I do go out my kids bbsit themselves, but now that I am having a new one this is exciting for me because I have so many helpers!

That must be nice to know you will have so many helpers, all excited for a new brother or sister. And they will mostly be capable of doing the things they want to help with LOL
Min are 7, 5 and 3 so there will be things they want to do that they can't really manage haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->