Anyone making something for their LO?

N

Neecee

I really wanted to knit a nice blanket or something for lil man, but can i even remember how to cast on? Hell no!:shrug:

So I've decided I'm gonna make him a blanket or comforter a bit like those taggy things. I've seen some really nice fleecy fabric that I can use and once hubby and i agree on a name, I can add it on with applique later.

aww thats really nice - i tried to knit and crochet but i was appalling at it - best leave it to the grans! hahah

I'm thinking of asking my mum to teach me how to knit but I'm not sure I'd have the patience to knit anything bigger than a flannel.

Aww how cute. I wish I could knit or something. As soon as I know the sex and design for the room I wan't I will be making a tun of paintings on canvas. I would mural something on the wall too, but we plan on moving.

i got a knitting set, and I could as a kid, so I assumed I still could- WRONG. I had to learn all over again :rofl: but it was easier the second time. I recommend stitch n bitch if you want to learn again, it teaches you the basics and there it a baby hat and blanket in there too. You can get it cheaply on amazon.

I shall be inheriting the blankets my grandmother crocheted for my mother, however :D

I will knit things (perhaps this? https://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2007/06/baby_viking_hat_kit.html), and I will be sewing on my lovely new sewing machine. And prolly painting up some jolly canvasses of giraffes and munkies :D I will make peanut lots of nice things, I will :D

I've just finished knitting a scarf!!

Had no idea what i was doing, but found a web site with videos showing you what to do (www.cyberseams.com if anyone's actually interested....)

God i never thought i'd see the day my weeks high point would be visiting my local wool shop to restock.

I went a different route and made a dreamcatcher for Baby Girl's window. I'm part native, so I thought it'd be nice. I'm also working on a cross stitch sampler. It was a little confusing at first but I think I've got it now.

There's lots of tutorials online... maybe those would help?

I couldnt sow or knit to save my life! but the scary thing is Darren can sow as I have seen him sowing his cloths with his wee kit he has! (image of biker outlaw with tatts has now been dimolished lol)

I just have that book I am putting together full of pics and special moments. Everyting is going into this book, I got it off ebay , even peoples signatures who visit the hospital go on there! I am paiting and decorating its bedrooms! if that counts.

Now theres an idea! My grandma taught me to knit when I was about 5 years old and I knitted stuff for my baby cousins and dollies!

I've still got some needles and wool somewhere but don't know if I'd be brave enough to try a whole cardigan? They look really complicated! Good for you though xx

I went a different route and made a dreamcatcher for Baby Girl's window. I'm part native, so I thought it'd be nice. I'm also working on a cross stitch sampler. It was a little confusing at first but I think I've got it now.

There's lots of tutorials online... maybe those would help?

May I see picts hun? I am part native too. MiqMaq in fact. They have a few ways of different spelling but thats what I am. My dad is almost full. I really would be interested in one. I am pretty crafty and make baby sculptures , childrens paintings but I can't make that! Do you sell them?

So far i've made his blankets, a few hats and a couple of pairs of booties, i knitted these and i've also made his sheets as i find it cheaper to buy the material and cut and sew it myself ( i'm a penny pinching :blush:) in a couple of weeks i'm going to make his curtains and cot bumper for in his bedroom and if i have any fabric i'm going to make some pictures as i don't want to go over board with the decorating as we're hoping to move next year. I'm now thinking of other things i can do to cut back on costs i'm going to look for some nice fabric for making burping cloth's soon.
With all that i've saved so far i've managed to pay out for a baby bond scan and i'm planning my next treat.
:blush: it was strange being in hospital last week and being the only mom / mom to be that was knitting although people were commenting.

I couldnt sow or knit to save my life! but the scary thing is Darren can sow as I have seen him sowing his cloths with his wee kit he has! (image of biker outlaw with tatts has now been dimolished lol)

Dragonfly i know the feeling, there's many a time i've found my hubby sat on his 1000cc sewing his bike gear, the otherday i found him sewing a new strap onto his tank bag yet if i ask him to help me he announces that he's not neat enough, mmmmmmmmmmmm think he should take some along to one of his meets n get them to all do a bit :rofl: now that i'd pay to see :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I try to knit & crochet, but I'm terrible at it!

Instead, I painted a wooden train that spells out the LO's name. Its nothing huge, but it definately gave me something to work on those last few weeks :)

Dragonfly i know the feeling, there's many a time i've found my hubby sat on his 1000cc sewing his bike gear, the otherday i found him sewing a new strap onto his tank bag yet if i ask him to help me he announces that he's not neat enough, mmmmmmmmmmmm think he should take some along to one of his meets n get them to all do a bit :rofl: now that i'd pay to see :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Oh apparently I cant sow also its all messy my sowing! I think they hide behind that biker image! really! mine has morning sickness and everyting! sits with tubs of ice cream watching ugly betty :rofl: should see him with a mop he is very domestcated! If their mates ever found out! :rofl:

:rofl::rofl: they do act so matcho don't they lol, the best was when we had my last little boy he was born at 26 weeks so we did kangaroo care and dh had to go n ask for a screen to be put around him so no one could see his top half naked :rofl: there's me wopping my 44 f boobs out in front of anyone n he wants a screen, mine keeps complaining he's got the copper taste :dohh: he should try the back ache etc then he can complain. MEN

Oh apparently I cant sow also its all messy my sowing! I think they hide behind that biker image! really! mine has morning sickness and everyting! sits with tubs of ice cream watching ugly betty :rofl: should see him with a mop he is very domestcated! If their mates ever found out! :rofl:[/QUOTE]

:rofl: mines took to wearing a bum bag and in it are his sickness pills, vitamins, mobile phone n loads of other lotions n potions, now if only they knew what was in there :rofl:
Oh the fun we'd get out of naming, shaming and embarrasing our oh's :rofl:

I have had loads knitted/crochet for me. I have knitted cardis coming out of my ears I had to tell ppl to stop lol. I can knit but cant be bothered so glad others felt the need :)
Also its nice to have things hand made especially blankets to pass along.

I have had loads knitted/crochet for me. I have knitted cardis coming out of my ears I had to tell ppl to stop lol. I can knit but cant be bothered so glad others felt the need :)
Also its nice to have things hand made especially blankets to pass along.

I agree Fossey i still have loads of blankets from my other lo's and it was lovly to get them out the other day and remembering my now terrible 2 year old as a little baby:cry:

i've crochet him about 4 blankets now so far gonna get my mum to do a fancy outline to them too, gonna try knit some mitts for him too
xx

i've crochet him about 4 blankets now so far gonna get my mum to do a fancy outline to them too, gonna try knit some mitts for him too
xx

Awww, I wish I had to patience to knit or crochet. I just love all those tiny knitted things like mitts and booties!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"