Anyone making something for their LO?

hee hee cutie! I bet you do ok though. My friend makes bedding. I have no clue how you guys do it.. I faint at the thought of doing that. I swear she can wip up a nursery set super fast. To me it is way too complicated. I can't even get the bobin on my machine to stay on right. It gets all tangled and I tried every step it told me to do to fix it. GRRRR I got fed up and put the damn thing in the closet.

Oh I should have mentioned...I have not sewn very much of anything before this..I made a pair of shorts once in Home Ec in highschool. So this is new to me!

I bet I will be like this: https://hugabull.forumup.org/images/smiles/slider_swear2.gif

By the end of sewing the blankets! hehe.

Ok now i really gotta see picts!!! Heh Hmm maybe I should do the same thing as you and we both can complain to eachother LOL

Oh you should!

I bought a new sewing machine and everything...its still in the box! I even have the fabric..

Im too scared to start it! I think I may end up sewing my finger to it! :blush:

May I see picts hun? I am part native too. MiqMaq in fact. They have a few ways of different spelling but thats what I am. My dad is almost full. I really would be interested in one. I am pretty crafty and make baby sculptures , childrens paintings but I can't make that! Do you sell them?

Sure! They're actually really easy to make, just keep doing knots and stuff. It's pretty plain as we didn't want to do gender specific or anything. I never thought of selling them, as I never expected anyone would want to buy them, ha ha ha. I'm Metis, or at least my adoption papers tell me so. It's sad that I don't know alot about the culture, so making the dream catcher was important to me to incorporate that aspect of my life into my baby's.

Once I get the feathers attached I'll send you a picture, if you'd like. :)

I've started a really lovely cardi for my lil guy, its knitting up pretty fast too. Oh and Ive sewn a quilt, and sewn a nice stroller suit and burp cloths and bibs...I love to sew and knit, as long as I have the inspiration.

May I see picts hun? I am part native too. MiqMaq in fact. They have a few ways of different spelling but thats what I am. My dad is almost full. I really would be interested in one. I am pretty crafty and make baby sculptures , childrens paintings but I can't make that! Do you sell them?

Sure! They're actually really easy to make, just keep doing knots and stuff. It's pretty plain as we didn't want to do gender specific or anything. I never thought of selling them, as I never expected anyone would want to buy them, ha ha ha. I'm Metis, or at least my adoption papers tell me so. It's sad that I don't know alot about the culture, so making the dream catcher was important to me to incorporate that aspect of my life into my baby's.

You are Metis?! Very cool. And MiqMaq..super cool!

Im half Cree! And the rest Hawaiian...weird combo!

I would love to see pics of your dream catchers!

Thats really good that you guys are passing your culture down through crafts!

hee hee cutie! I bet you do ok though. My friend makes bedding. I have no clue how you guys do it.. I faint at the thought of doing that. I swear she can wip up a nursery set super fast. To me it is way too complicated. I can't even get the bobin on my machine to stay on right. It gets all tangled and I tried every step it told me to do to fix it. GRRRR I got fed up and put the damn thing in the closet.

Oh I should have mentioned...I have not sewn very much of anything before this..I made a pair of shorts once in Home Ec in highschool. So this is new to me!

I bet I will be like this: https://hugabull.forumup.org/images/smiles/slider_swear2.gif

By the end of sewing the blankets! hehe.

Ok now i really gotta see picts!!! Heh Hmm maybe I should do the same thing as you and we both can complain to eachother LOL

Oh you should!

I bought a new sewing machine and everything...its still in the box! I even have the fabric..

Im too scared to start it! I think I may end up sewing my finger to it! :blush:

Hee hee so silly. That's what I am afraid of. I bought mine last year and tried to use it a few times but that didn't work so I put it away. Stupid bobin or however you all it.

Sounds like a plan. I am real interested. I wonder if you have to make them a certain way depending on what you are?

Cree and hawaiian wow that's a nice mix. :D

Thats really good that you guys are passing your culture down through crafts!

I wanted to make a native sculpture which I am doing one for my uncle , but I wanted to make a baby in miq maq pot. I just don't know yet. It's hard I wish I knew more about the culture. I always wonder what my grandma was like. She passed befor I was born.

Sounds like a plan. I am real interested. I wonder if you have to make them a certain way depending on what you are?

I'm not sure, although I don't think it matters. The only variations I've seen is instead of using the brass ring to wrap the leather around if you're wanting it to be more "authentic" then use a piece of willow branch.

:)

I've seen lots of different styles too! Some really neat ones where they thread beads on the entire strand of the twine. Now THAT would take some time and effort. I put random beads here and there, but definitely not so it looks like the entire thing was done with beads instead of the sinew!

Well I am a bit rubbish when it comes to being crafy and stuff....but my mum is making a pram quilt which can also be used to lay baby on the floor etc etc....

Emma.xx

I finally made it! I was going to wait til maternity leave to start, but the fabric and ribbons arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait! Here is baby Kai's first comfort taggie, hand made by mummy:

Attachments

• taggie.JPG
    taggie.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 8
I am knitting up a storm--but first I am knitting a cute little pixie hat with a flower and stem that makes a tassle on the top for little Olive, a good friend's babe, who will be a year on our due date, and has generously given us her lovely, lovely hand me downs :)

But, I'm set on knitting a sweater, hat and bootie set, from Itty Bitty Nursery by Susan Anderson, and a few other items from Louisa Harding's baby patterns.

I have been realistic though, in my "craft prowess"...nothing too complicated, because if it isn't fun, it doesn't get done!!!

I work in a call center and we're sitting on hold for other departments for long periods of time. I've already made scarves for a couple of my coworkers. I haven't started on baby stuff yet.. I really hate the yellows and greens they have out so I may just wait until we know what it is.

My pet project is going to be a wooden rocking horse. Luckily I'm still friends with my highschool woodshop teacher and he'll let me sneak in to use the equipment!

I finally made it! I was going to wait til maternity leave to start, but the fabric and ribbons arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait! Here is baby Kai's first comfort taggie, hand made by mummy:

Thats super cool Neecee! Kai will LOVE it! I should get on making my stuff..:blush:

I am cross-stitching a Winnie he Pooh height chart to hang on the back of LO's bedroom door, and I will also do something with her name & birth date on.
I love doing cross-stitch - my OH thinks I am crazy, because I sit in the evenings & watch telly whilst I'm doing it & I hardly have to look at the pattern or what I'm sewing!!!

Just finishing a cardi: though the neck's rather botched! I did a jumper last time. They all end up fairtly shapeless! Still, I have a go! I never knit them the lame pastel colours suggested on the patterns though. Lo's jumper was purple and this cardi is red!

I don't knit in pastels, either. I'm not a big fan of the green, yellow's, pinks, etc.. The sweater set I'm knitting is a really pretty ocean color--sortof blue/green--dh and I hope she has my eyes :) and that color really brings them out!

Cross stitch is very fun, though I lose my patience after a time and then it gets put by...the Winnie the Pooh sounds very dear, though. Should post a photo!

I have a sewing machine, though it's never been out of the box. Guess I should get started on that at some point--maybe when she's a bit older so that I can make Halloween costumes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->