Anyone not doing anything to "bring on" labour?

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
I am 40 +1 weeks today and apart from bouncing on my ball I'm not doing anything to "bring on" labour. Last pregnancy I was taking EPO and drinking raspberry leaf tea (although I know this doesnt technically bring on labour). I was also walking as much as possible and dtd, which massively doesnt appeal right now. I'm impatient to meet my ds but doing all that this time just seems to be a bit pointless (my labour was so quick and came on so rapidly last time) but then I worry that in NOT doing anything I'll go even further over and end up getting induced! DD was 8 days late as it is :haha: anyone else just letting things tick along?

I'm only bouncing on my ball which I started doing the other day and that actually helped with some lower back ache I was experiencing! I said I'd go on walks, but housework has gotten me tired enough so I'm not doing that :p

The only thing that may happen is a sweep if I'm offered one at this mornings midwife appt. I'd like an examination just to see if there is any progress just so I know!

Otherwise I don't like the sound of castor oil and raspberry tea leaf etc not for me!!

I have no clue what could bring on labor...some things work differently for each women.. My sister tried castor oil...it worked within hours... Not sure if your for or against it, but it worked for her.. For my second LO I heard of taking a VERY hot shower (as hot as you can stand) and let the water hit your back... I tried it and went into labor about four hours later and I was five days over due.. If only we can just press a button on due date and voila! Lol

I'm only bouncing on my ball and dtd with my husband. But, is be doing that anyway. I already walk my dog three times a day, and I don't think that's going to change anything.

I honestly think all these things people do that "work" just happen to be coincidences.

Same here - just bouncing on the ball and wishing myself into labour! :) Last time I didn't do anything except tried to keep active after my waters started to go. I also did try eating curry on that last night but OH bought the fiercest curry known to man and no one could have managed two spoonfuls! At the start of my contractions I wolfed down two crunchies and a bowl of cereal as I was starving.

Doing nothing, ive learnt my lesson can just make pregnancy longer. Lol

Unless wishing reeeeeeeeeally hard that labour will start I'm not doing much!
Ball bouncing is now becoming more of a comfort thing. Xxx

I don't think I will when I get to term.
With my son I was going to try pineapple and curry etc - but LO turned up 5 days early (before my food shopping of curry and pineapple turned up!)
I don't know how much of what they say works actually does work or if it's just a coincidence.
We had DTD a couple of hours before I went into labour, but not to start labour or anything, so don't know if this was just coincidence.

I'm just bouncing on my ball for a little while in the evening and wishing baby out haha. I DTD with my OH fairly often but that's not in an attempt to bring on labour.

I bounce on my ball for like 10 minutes at night and I think I convince myself that it is loads! Haha. Apart from that I have never taken anything or did anything different to try and help baby along. I usually end up sitting on the couch with my feet on my ball.

From what I've read, there's really no good scientific evidence that any of the labor inducing activities/products actually induce labor. Just anecdotal. The only studies I've found have pointed to red raspberry leaf, primrose oil and dates easing the actual process of labor.

I'm just trying things to keep myself occupied but not holding my breath on anything. I'm avoiding the things that sound like they will just make me uncomfortable.

Labor will start when it starts and not before then without medical intervention.

Last night I actually lay on the floor with my legs on the ball almost pushing myself upside down, i think that's going to have the opposite effect ha ha ha! Xxx

I can safely say I won't be doing anything to induce labour. I have my elective section booked in on 21st November (8 days early) so don't want anything to interfere with that.

I'm not really doing anything either. Sitting on the ball, some bouncing and rolling, and sometimes lying on it (more in hopes to prevent yet another posterior baby/back labor), and hoping. DTD has no appeal right now, and I don't want to wear myself out with lots of walking and such since I'm already exhausted and not sleeping well.

I asked my OB today and he basically said what Nikko did - that no evidence exists that any of the "get labor going" old wives tales really work beyond anecdotal. Still, if I could, I would be eating spicy Mexican and/or Chinese ... but just as much because I love those as any other reason :laugh:

With DS1, I tried everything, but I also was induced at 41 weeks. It helped to an extent. I was 4cm dilated and fully effaced when I went in to have him, and after breaking my water and putting me on pitocin, labor progressed very quickly.

This time around, we are trying everything to slow down labor, as according to doctor's office I'm 37w1d today, and they want him in there for another two weeks. I'm on modified bed rest due to elevated bp, and at my doctor's appt on Monday, I was 3cm dilated and 80% effaced.

This is baby#5 for me so I fully know that nothing works unless your body is ready anyway. So this time I am not doing anything to attempt to bring on labor because I already know from past pregnancies of trying everything under the sun that nothing will work unless baby is truly ready to come.

Selaphyna, why do they want to wait 2 more weeks? Isn't 37 weeks considered term and safe?

Selaphyna, why do they want to wait 2 more weeks? Isn't 37 weeks considered term and safe?

It is, it's considered early term. But they'd rather baby be delivered 39-40 weeks (considered full term), for brain development and development of other organs. That's not to say if he decided to make his appearance now, we won't have any problems at all. We'd rather him just bake as long as possible.

Good health care provider you have there selaphyna :)!

If I ever got pregnant again, I'd want the baby to stay in there as long as possible. I remember very well what it is like not being able to eat, sleep or have a shower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->