Anyone NOT having sex?

MollyNorwood

Mummy of 2 Girls
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat as me.
Normally (and up until a couple of weeks ago) we would have sex on average twice to three times a week. Now I am getting larger and have been tired due to not sleeping properly, not to mention experiencing terrible hip pain and reflux (oh the joys) I just don't want to.
I have explained to DH that although my brain wants to, my body just doesn't want to follow suit. I also get put off during anyway because bubs is moving around and I can't stay focused to 'get there'.
I feel guilty as there is still 5 weeks to go before I am due, and even though I will take care of him in other ways I know it's not the same for him.
Anyone else the same?

I'm not even sure the last time we had sex. :-/ I wouldn't mind but DH is rather put off by baby. Plus last time I spotted and he got really upset. If I'm honest with myself I just feel completely undesirable. And I have 8 weeks to go!!!! Add 6 weeks postpartum. It may be one helluva Valentine's Day!!

ive heard that a lot- where the husband/partner wont have sex because they are worried about hurting wife or baby. I just feel so guilty because its ME who doesn't want it. I look at him and think how gorgeous he is, how sexy his eyes and lips are etc, but actually have sex? urgh. Can't be bothered as its now feeling like a lot of effort and I feel so mean :(

This lady right here isn't having sex :-(. I can't even remember the last time we did so honestly lol. I'm too exhausted and don't feel sexy. In plus oh isn't comfortable doing it either. Boy do I sure miss I though lol.

With my son, we didn't have sex the ENTIRE pregnancy. At first I was simply too sick to do anything, and then it was just... weird. Really weird. I couldn't bring myself to even attempt it. My husband was very understanding about it all.

This time around I have been making an effort, though we probably only do so once every week or two. It's still more than the last pregnancy. But I don't know if it will last until the end of the pregnancy. We are just trying to enjoy what we can. :)

We haven't had sex since I found out I was pregnant. At first it was doctors orders for the first 13weeks, then I had a few bleeds which put OH off incase anything happened. Then we attempted 4 play and I got horrible stomach cramps for a few days and now it's been that long I just feel weird. Scared if I'm honest! I fear it will be awkward. I'm gutted really cause I had a sweep on Thursday and lots of people tell me sex would really help get things moving. Oh well I just hope after birth we can find our selves again.

We have barely had sex the whole pregnancy, maybe three times a month?! It has stopped completely now because I'm feeling too tired and big. He never instigates sex with me, so if I don't try it just doesn't happen :-( Pretty sure he has lost all attraction for me!!

I'm sadly on pelvic bedrest until 36 weeks, so no sex for us either. We were pretty active in the bedroom prior to pregnancy, so it's definitely a big change. But it's for the health of my pregnancy at this point, so we're dealing.

With my daughter though, pregnancy killed my libido so by choice we weren't having sex very often. This time around, I have the desire but not the ability. Mind games! lol

Just wanted to see if anyone is in the same boat as me.
Normally (and up until a couple of weeks ago) we would have sex on average twice to three times a week. Now I am getting larger and have been tired due to not sleeping properly, not to mention experiencing terrible hip pain and reflux (oh the joys) I just don't want to.
I have explained to DH that although my brain wants to, my body just doesn't want to follow suit. I also get put off during anyway because bubs is moving around and I can't stay focused to 'get there'.
I feel guilty as there is still 5 weeks to go before I am due, and even though I will take care of him in other ways I know it's not the same for him.
Anyone else the same?

I could have written this! Feeling exactly the same way. Mentally, I can get in the mood, even feel aroused, but when it comes to physically following through, it's WAYYYYYY... Too much work, lol. Up til about a month ago, I couldn't get enough, which sucked cause DH has been traveling a lot for work. He's so great, and would never make me feel bad, but that just makes me want to try harder for his sake. ☺️

We have barely had sex the whole pregnancy, maybe three times a month?! It has stopped completely now because I'm feeling too tired and big. He never instigates sex with me, so if I don't try it just doesn't happen :-( Pretty sure he has lost all attraction for me!!

:hugs: I am sure that is not the case, it is more likely that he knows how you are feeling and might be worried he will be rejected if he tries to initiate?

How you feel over all makes a massive difference in DOING rather than just thinking about it. And when your tummy is in the way, and many movements feel strained and uncomfortable and you are feeling like a beached whale in general it sucks.
Us women use our brains during sex and if mentally we aren't feeling it, the hoo-ha isn't going to respond. :(
The bright side is that I will be (hopefully!) back to normal weeks after bubs arrives so then I will feel a bit more like 'me' again. I have told DH that because I presume to be extra busy and extra tired in those few weeks afterwards that he can take care of business himself, but until then I will be feeling like a bit of a shitty wife

Always surprises me to hear people are :lol:

Tried it early on, felt wrong like everything was swollen and not nice.

Deffo going to give it a shot after 37 weeks though. I'm not in any hurry to get baby out, I just feel like it might be a good time to try it again and reconnect. OH doesn't have a huge drive so he never pushes for it so can get forgotten... I'd like to be fending him off, but hey ho.

We don't and havnt since we found out, it's tough going for us both as you loose that closeness in my opinion. But for us we just never do when I'm pregnant, makes afterwards amazing though!;-)x

While been pregnant we have only had sex a handful of times. I like DH to be on top and now I'm huge we can't really do that.

I think we have maybe DTD 3-4 times in the past 6 months. Maybe not even that much! I had awful nausea til 18 weeks which was always worse in evenings, and after that the bump is quite off putting. I spotted once too which put me off.

Funnily enough my mental sex drive is ok, I often dream we are having sex and then wake up! I think the baby is pressing on something! It's a shame as we had a few months of frequent baby making sex and I always think "this is great, we should keep it up!" But then BFP comes and it stops completely lol.

To be fair, he injured his shoulder in May so has been in pain til he had op to fix it 3 weeks ago. Still in sling so wouldn't be up for doing much even if I was! I think as we've been together 7 years, married for 5 and have a 2 year old, we just think, this too will pass and it's a temporary physical blip and next year will be better!

We haven't dtd in months. Hubby says it got weird for him as he's always thinking about the baby. I touch him, but he won't go anywhere near me and it's so hard. I feel like we'll never have sex again but he swears that's not the case.

I am glad I am not the only one. I am currently 33 weeks pregnant with our first child and I think we have maybe done it 2 or 3 times since finding out. Tbh I have never really had a high sex drive which is a shame as when we dtd it is really good. My husband has been great but I do feel guilty.

We try every so often but it doesn't work well. It's hard to find a position where my belly isn't in the way and even when we do it I don't get anything out of it other than mentally just wanting to feel that connection with him, but physically it's just really uncomfortable and sometimes painful.

I got the Mirena out and once the hormones wore off I was like a wild animal. Got pregnant and that is all she wrote.......Still have NO URGE. NONE. VIP. ZERO. NADA.

I figured I don't need to take anything hormonal (which makes me not want it....e.v.e.r.) after DD is born anyways because of getting a tubal, but I hope that my drive comes back......PRAY :haha:

Your not the only one, the last time we did it I was about 16 weeks.

I've just recently started getting the desire to go jump on him :haha: but my body tells me another thing, I feel so unattractive right now so going to sit on my OH really isn't at the top of my list :rofl:

I'm lucky that he's very understanding about it, even if he does try it on with me every day lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->