Anyone not having turkey for Christmas dinner?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
I am cooking Christmas dinner this year and we were thinking of going for chicken instead of turkey as that what we prefer. Turkey is traditional though isn't it, so not 100% sure yet.

Anyone else having something other than turkey for Christmas dinner?

I love turkey so that's our "main" meat but I've also got a little chicken for those who don't like turkey, and ham.

We're having grilled steaks. Then when we go to my grandma's for Christmas over there, they usually have turkey and glazed honey ham.

I know it's not exactly festive but we always have lamb. OH doesn't like turkey. We had lamb the first year me and OH lived together so it's kind of a tradition. Plus lamb is the only meat ds will eat.

I know it's not exactly festive but we always have lamb. OH doesn't like turkey. We had lamb the first year me and OH lived together so it's kind of a tradition. Plus lamb is the only meat ds will eat.

mmmm, I love lamb, so it sounds delicious to me:)

My mum does gammon. She was so happy when we were old enough that we stopped requesting Turkey!

I'm vegan and want to try the Gardein holiday roast so will give that a shot. DH is not though and wants to make lamb for himself and whoever else would like it which I'm going to assume is most people except maybe my youngest daughter.

My mum is doing turkey as per tradition. My OHs mum is doing 3 different types of meat but he has no idea what they are haha. I'm actually working the back shift on Christmas day so will be having a plate from each household to heat up when I get home so I'll have the best of both worlds!

Traditional turkey for dinner but also cook a mustard and brown sugar glazed ham on Christmas Eve that can be put on the Christmas dinner too.

I do lamb for New Year's Day dinner.

Never had turkey for Christmas dinner. We have chicken and gammon!

We're having guinea fowl this year? But I don't know what it is! Also ham. I'd be happy to not have turkey though but would have to have chicken instead so the accompaniments would be the same

I love turkey but wouldn't say no to ham aswell with xmas dinner ;)

We're having guinea fowl this year? But I don't know what it is! Also ham. I'd be happy to not have turkey though but would have to have chicken instead so the accompaniments would be the same

I have never heard of guinea fowl before!

We had fry up one year. I was thinking about doing some world traditions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->