Anyone not like their OB

lisaalove

Reaction score
I met her (had my first appointment) when I was 6w4d I am now 8w and I disliked her sp much that I scheduled an appointment for a different nurse when I left their office. Now im worried what if I don't like this one? I don't want to take half of my pregnancy to find a doctor I like.....

Yep, I switched after my 3rd appt. I had switched after my last baby, but that dr moved away. I chose a dr in the same practice, but she kept telling me I was going to need a c-section this time ( my last baby was big and got a little stuck) . I could tell she had already made up her mind, and with this being my 5th I'm not about to be pushed around. I switched to a different practice, and I'm using a midwife this time.

I switched between 3 doctors with my first cause I wasn't happy. I finally found my ob at 18 weeks. He will be my ob for baby two

I haven't been through the experience of having an OB that I didn't like. But I know for a fact that if I didn't like my OB, I'd keep switching until I found someone I liked. My OB wasn't immediately available when I went into labor. And there were 3 other OBs who checked on me while she was out and I didn't like a single one of them. I even said, "I don't want to be seen again until my doctor is here."

Its frustrating, with my first I loved the doctor I had but she just treated me like I knew nothing then she had the nerve to look at me and say we deliver at this hospital and there are ten of us that rotate on call so whoever it is is whoever will deliver you and you wont care who that is. Like uh excuse me but I will care who delivers me and with your attitude I will never see you again. She was just very short with me and blew me off the entire time I dont think she even looked me in the eyes.

Yeah, I wouldn't see someone like that again. This person is going to be delivering your child. If you need to go through a couple before you find the right one, you will be glad you did in the end.

I haven't met my doctor yet.. My first appointment with her is tomorrow but so far I'm not much impressed with the practice in general. When I called about my extreme dizziness the nurse basically blew me off and didn't care to listen to the fact that I had done everything she was telling me to do to stop it... Um hello?! If that had worked I wouldn't be calling! I'm planning on talking to her about it tomorrow and my concerns but oh well. We'll see. Im sure I'll like the doctor herself.

I don't particularly like mine. But he's the only one who speaks English. I am hoping to change hospitals soon though so my next visit will probably be the last one with him

I really disliked my first midwifery choice because they weren't willing to give me an ultrasound until 20 weeks. What?! And so I switched and my first appt with new midwifery and ultrasound will be on Tuesday when I am 10 weeks and 3 days. So excited!!

My OB is fine but she is in a practice with 3 others and whoever is on call will be at the birth, which I'm kind of skeptic about. I want to at least meet them all before the birth... I don't know. I think it's kind of a stupid way, like "oh whatever you just get whoever's on call, not like you developed a personal relationship with your doc"
:wacko:

I liked my previous ob and the hospital she delivers at. but her clinic is so far and appointments with her are short but straight to the point. she doesn't spend too much time explaining things which is my only complaint...I've seen 3 other obs since and I realized I don't trust any of them like I trust her... so I may switch back once I'm past the queasiness and can go on longer drivers...

I don't particularly like mine. But he's the only one who speaks English. I am hoping to change hospitals soon though so my next visit will probably be the last one with him

I'm pretty well stuck like this too. Luckily most of the OB staff speaks English, but they are the one of only Western hospitals in Tianjin, so no matter whether I like them or not, that is where I am. There are 5 or 6 doctors that rotate on call so I will never know who will deliver until that day.

I never had issued with my ob, but I think it's important to find one you like. Our hospital is the same. There is over a dozen doc that you might get when it comes to actually delivery time. Personally I don't care if I have met the doc before or not. I just want my baby in my arms.

I just want to know that whatever doctor delivers my child is going to follow the birth plan I have atleast as much as humanly possible. Im a vvery picky person and I just want it to go well this time I didn't like that I had never met my delivery nurse with my ds (though she was great) I felt like no one really listened to what I wanted

I just want to know that whatever doctor delivers my child is going to follow the birth plan I have atleast as much as humanly possible. Im a vvery picky person and I just want it to go well this time I didn't like that I had never met my delivery nurse with my ds (though she was great) I felt like no one really listened to what I wanted

Just an FYI, if u want the dr to follow your birth plan, u really need to present it to them at an office visit so they can discuss things with you. Nurses change with each shift, so meeting the one you would have is next to impossible unless you go to a small clinic/ hospital. You have a better chance of the nurses following your birth plan if the dr has seen, agreed and signed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->