• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone not revealing their date?

marley2580

Reaction score
I don't know why, but it just doesn't sit right with me to tell everyone my date for the op. I'm only telling my mum, and even then only because she's babysitting. Everyone else is being told the week but not the date.

Im not 100% having a section yet will decide on Wednesday but we are the exact same. Not telling a sole bar my Mum and Dad cos theyre babysitting! :) xxx

Me :) My parents know because they will be taking my eldest daughter the night before. And I did tell one particularly good friend just after the date was booked, but I trust her to keep her mouth shut ;) Other than that, no-one will know. We haven't even told people the week :haha: That's more down to luck - my pregnancy weeks "tick over" on a Thursday, so there are actually 2 lots of Monday-Friday (or at least a Thursday-Friday + the following week) when the surgery could be ;)

I'm currently debating this! I don't want everyone to know as with a natural delivery no one would know in advance. I want to keep it to ourselves , again, apart from my parents as the will have LO overnight.I dont want good luck posts all over Facebook as I want t be able t announce the delivery and people be excited for us! I imagine people will think it's weird of me though!

I won't be telling anyone apart from parents. I have even lied to my best friend saying I will be left till my due date until I get the section as I don't want the hassle of people knowing and constantly txting to see if I'm nervous etc. x x

I didn't tell anyone on my FB...can't remember if I told anyone here. I had a c-section cancelled, after I was already admitted...it was pretty devestating...so, that is why I chose not to.

I wouldnt want to tell people the date myself as Id like the suprise element as you would get with a natural birth... same reason Im staying team yellow too!

We will be telling my hubbys parents as they will be having our Son for us (my family live 80+ miles so they can't) but I wont be announcing it on FB or to anyone else.

I was induced with my little man and made the mistake of telling people. I had millions of texts asking if there was any progress. In the end I had a section.

Im not telling people this time so there is still a little bit of excitement for the birth announcement xx

I'm only telling people who need to know. I don't want the txts or calls asking how I'm feeling, I don't want people turning up at hospital, I don't want to turn my phone on to a zillion messages wanting to know if I have had her yet.
I want it to be me and OH, a quiet time for us to be left alone with our LO.

I hadn't thought about this until I saw this thread, but now that I have a want to keep it secret :) Not sure I'll be sectioned yet, but if so then I'll have to tell whoever is babysitting (hopefully my Mum will be here then, telling DH's Mum means telling his whole family!) and will probably keep it from everyone else.

I told my parents as they were looking after dd and 3 very close friends. I also kept the sex a secret from everyone except very close family and close friends.

i had a planned early induction so a little different but i told two people off here and one friend IRL. My dad and grandma knew so they could watch my son. I didnt want everyone knowing before it even happened! x

Its amazing, I don't want to tell either, and everyone at work was asking and when I said its a secret they all looked at me and said "why"?

Ahhh because its personal and its special! Also what if the date gets changed on us, or if something goes wrong......

No one knows here except my husband, my boss, and my OB and midwife :) There are very few surprises when you have an elective CS, so you might as well have one! We are also not electing to tell anyone his name, and will only be announcing after he is born :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->