anyone not started on nursery yet?

All our stuff in in the small bedroom too. I've been a supply teacher for years so have 'stuff' for teaching all ages from 4-16 in there, plus all of OH's 'stuff'. Just had dining room replastered (still wet) so can install shelving then 'stuff'. Then... can replaster and decorate small bedroom - won't be soon!!

hey girls! i was just wondering how long is too long to leave doing the nursery do you think? like by how many weeks would you like to have it complete by? i am stressing! having alot of work done on the house just now, extension for a new kitchen taking up alot of time, then the old kitchen will have to be stripped out & turned into something we haven't decided yet, sitting room being renovated... its looking like it will be end of November/beggining Dec before theres even time to think of nursery. babys due 15/16th Jan! :rofl: wish i could afford to hire a team of interior designers!

I'm due Jan 15, and my 'nursery' is currently more like a giant closet. There are a couple of large pieces of furniture that we need to get to the curb... and as to where we are putting the rest of the stuff we have in there, I've no idea! Buying any of the larger nursery furniture items isn't currently an option as there's nowhere to put it. I'm beginning to stress a bit, too...

I think the nesting instinct is kicking in, but there's a bunch of crap piled on the branch where I want to build my nest. ;)

We're renting - we own a house in the US so we are just renting here (though we're here several years). I'm usually fine with being tenants, but now I want to get out the paint!!

Haven't done anyng here yet either - I'm 26 weeks. We live in a rented house but the only spare room (which will be the nursery) is used by right now as the laundry/ironing room and general store-room. There's not one baby-related item in there yet - no crib, no dresser, not storage, no nothing! I probably won't have most of the things I need until late October/November, which is pretty late since baby is due Dec. 6th! Eeek!

I haven't done a thing! We are still living with MIL, but are moving next week (YAY!) so after we've unpacked all ours and Kathryn's things and settled in a bit we'll start working on putting Zach's stuff up (kid's will be sharing a room, but Zach's crib will be in our room for a while) :D

Nope waiting for it to be cleared of junk before I can start!!!

I packed up five boxes of books, and have probably another 5 to go but other than that, I've done nothing. I am largely reliant on my DH to move everything out of what's now our 'office' and he keeps putting it off/doing nothing to help me get organized.

hey girls! i was just wondering how long is too long to leave doing the nursery do you think? like by how many weeks would you like to have it complete by? i am stressing! having alot of work done on the house just now, extension for a new kitchen taking up alot of time, then the old kitchen will have to be stripped out & turned into something we haven't decided yet, sitting room being renovated... its looking like it will be end of November/beggining Dec before theres even time to think of nursery. babys due 15/16th Jan! :rofl: wish i could afford to hire a team of interior designers!

I'm due Jan 15, and my 'nursery' is currently more like a giant closet. There are a couple of large pieces of furniture that we need to get to the curb... and as to where we are putting the rest of the stuff we have in there, I've no idea! Buying any of the larger nursery furniture items isn't currently an option as there's nowhere to put it. I'm beginning to stress a bit, too...

I think the nesting instinct is kicking in, but there's a bunch of crap piled on the branch where I want to build my nest. ;)

We're renting - we own a house in the US so we are just renting here (though we're here several years). I'm usually fine with being tenants, but now I want to get out the paint!!

:haha: came back on here after a long night of packing stuff into boxes to clear a room.. tired and moody but just laughed my head off at the 'bunch of crap' piled on your nesting branch lol!!

my, some of u really have alot going on with moving house,not being able to move house(lack of space), and like hubby&i- trying to hurriedly finish work on the houses we are in! well, good thing is we will all have alot to :) about when our lo's arrive :baby: thanks again girls, your all fabulous :thumbup: xxx

We're moving soon after bubs arrives, so we aren't doing one until later - maybe when LO is 3 months. So no, haven't done a thing!! :D LO will be in our room for the first 3 months anyway, so is ok.

I'm being different, I haven't done a nursery and won't do one for a long time after the baby's born. The cot is in our room and will be there for 6 months. I have made room in our big wardrobes for all the baby stuff.

I have the room but don't see the point really. Don't stress just go along with what you feel :)

we're not doing a 'nursery' as such, ie/ we've got a spare room that will have baby stuff in it, however it won't be nursery decorated as we're selling within 6months of bubs being born so can't see the point. However we're currently in the process of redecorating that room, have had to replaster, sand and just finished putting lining paper up, next is painting and then I can finally organise some furniture in there.

I'm being different, I haven't done a nursery and won't do one for a long time after the baby's born. The cot is in our room and will be there for 6 months. I have made room in our big wardrobes for all the baby stuff.

I have the room but don't see the point really. Don't stress just go along with what you feel :)

Pretty much the same as us. We're doing a lot of work on our house, and at the moment, we don't have a kitchen as such, the roof on what is supposed to be the kitchen is being replaced, we haven't installed the boiler, we have no carpets and everything is covered in a layer of dust! So the nursery is the least of our worries!

I would like to do a nursery eventually, but am not going to think about it too much until after the baby is born, as he/she will be in our room for the first few months, plus I'd like to choose something to 'suit' him or her - and I need to see him/her for that! Not necessarily a pink or blue theme, but I think the baby's sex will determine to some extent the sort of thing we go for. THere is plenty of storage space in what will be the baby's room though, so I'll make use of that.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"