anyone of u had a lletz procedure?

bethyb

Expecting our third!!!
Reaction score
just wondered if any of u had a lletz procedure and if so what u have been told?

Never heard of it hun but didnt wanna read and run.
What is it?

dont worry its not baby related as such, but... I had dodgy pre cancerous cells show up in 2005 and had a lletz procedure to remove them so it didnt have a chance to change into cervical cancer.
Lots of women have these changes but dont have bloody smears to find out.. i was lucky to have mine caught as they were cin 3, - severe cell changes but just wondered if other people have had one or been given any advice... xxx

I had it to remove cells last year after they found CIN3. I was consultant led but after a couple of appointments and no problems they put me on an open appointment and I am able to use the midwife led birthing suite.

I was told that I could go into premature labour but it was likely only to be a couple of weeks as I only had one treatment (even though they took quite a bit!).

They said to make sure that when you go into labour that you tell the midwives as your cervix can sometimes not behave as normal, eg. it might not soften as quickly.

I am 38 weeks tomorrow and wouldn't mind if baby came now!

Thanks Jelly, I wasnt warned of anything in the coloscopy unit and i mentioned it at my first internal scan and to my midwife at booking in and nothing was said but ive asked for a homebirth and now the consultant has said something about not being happy if i had a loop procedure, - which is what lletz is, bit scared as nobody as said anything to be about going early or anything. Im 36 weeks today.
thanks for telling me ur story honey xx wonder what they are going to do with me now, all seems very late for me to find all this out..

I would push for it if that's what you want. If you get to full term then I don't think it matters where you have it. If labour doesn't go according to plan (as with any homebirth for anyone) you can be transferred to hospital anyway. You have already had a child I can see and I thought that second births were supposed to go more smoothly..?!

I think it's awful that they haven't kept you informed about it.

I know, my midwife casually mentioned there might be a prob with me having a homebirth if ive had the procedure - i told her i did at 11 weeks!! Typical!
I had my little boy before my lletz procedure and she mentioned something today about there being a 1% chance of there being probs with me dilating? but if thats the case i dont know why they didnt mention it before, I think me midwife doesnt know much about the procedure...
I had two miscarriages before this baby so theres no way I wanna put baby at risk but id love a homebirth, this close to my due date i feel like they have thrown a spanner in the works!! Nothings ever that easy is it!!
Yeah im hoping its going to be quicker but i didnt realise having lletz might effect my/our experience in anyway, i mean dont get me wrong id 100% rather this worry than cancer but i think im very much in the dark - thankyou for shining some light!! xxxx
ahh two weeks left, exciting eh? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->