Anyone on Clomid?

HI!!! I am so excited I started Clomid today. I got my blood tests back today and even tho all my levels were good I still ovulate irregularly so hopefully Clomid will work!

What should I expect? What day do you usually ovulate when ur on this. Im taking it day 5-9. (today is day 5) Also my doc said to come see him day 21-24 (pick one of those days) what do they check for on those days?

Thanks and good luck to everyone!!!

ok girls... taking my first pill this evening!! wooo hooo... hopefully this Clomid will work its magic on me... TigerLilly... from reading these threads girls were saying take in evening as to maybe avoid some symptoms while sleeping? so thats what I figured I'd do..I plan on taking it around 8 pm.

Doc told me to take mine day 3-7 actually I got AF on on Saturday Afternoon...so taking this evening is actually day 2 1/2. I think thats fine.

oh and addie... I had my FSH/LH levels taken today as well... hoping for some good numbers...had them done in June as well and they were considered "good" .. FSH was an 8.

CD21 tests are generally progestrone level tests. (which obviously measures the amount of progestrone in your blood to see if you Ovulated, and how strong it was) They are meant to be taken 7DPO which in a typical womens cycle would be CD21... but the first month I had it done I O'd on CD 11 I went to get my CD21 test actually done on CD18... and this month I O'd on CD16 so I went on CD23 for my "CD21" test. You may want to call your doc and ask them if the tests he wants you in for on between 21-24 are to measure your progestrone, if so I would make sure you try to schedule it for close to 7DPO, which gives ya the best measurement of your progestrone.

I will be going to the lab on for my progestrone again this cycle.. In June mine was 15.4 , and last month it was 11, (wanted to test it again while not on Clomid to see what my value was, and this month since I am using Clomid and I expect it to be a littler higher (at least I am hoping so) . According to testing if you get a 5 that means you ovulated to some extent, drs like to see at least a 10 to be able to sustain childbirth without any medical intervention, and they would like to see atleast a 15 if it is was a medicated cycle... so for me I am hoping for above a 15 this month. (again I am not a dr, just going by what I read on line...figured I'd share : ) )

ttc1st, that was some awesome info!

Addie, I would expect you'll O probably around CD14-17, might want to get some OPK's if you don't have some already.

Hey! I have a clear blue fertility monitor so hopefully it shows up on that. I think we will just BD every other day till my doctors visit and see if he says I O'd for sure just to be on the safe side.

That is definitely a safe way to play it! Miel and I both had noticeable cramping when we O so hopefully that will be a good indicator for everyone!

i think i may be out ...:(...feel like Af is coming anyway i am giving myself until January and then i will ask my OBGYN to get me clomid again ! dont feel like trying and trying over and over ...:(

I kno its frustrating to try over and over but the end result is well worth it. The wait sux and it hurts month after month to see a negative but it will happen try and be positive! :flower:

Well Miel, I hope your wrong about AF. But I agree about getting clomid in January. Good luck sweetie!

Hi. I am on Clomid day 5-9 and my doctor wants to see me day 21? Actually I cudn't go day 21 bc work so I am going day 20. Why does he want to see me so late. Wont I have ovulated before that time?

HI ya girlies... ok soooo 2 days down on the Clomid, I can say no hot flashes, or headaches or emotion shifts... but I did really have some weird vision problems.. I was like what is going on... Until I looked it up and it is quite common. just in one of my eyes...i was seeing floating "lights" when watching tv... it only lasted like 5 mins but was quite freaky...

oh and addie... I think perhaps the cd20 tests may be your progestrone tests, I responded way above in this post to you about what the progrestone tests are ? did ya see that ? so hows your first couple days... getting any symptoms ?

and good morning to you TigerLil and Meil... sorry AF is on her way : (

That vision thing must have been scary! At least it didn't last long and hopefully that was the last of the side affects!

Hi,

Thanks for asking. I have had no real symptoms just a bit dizzy and a bit nauseous at times but not bad. How about all of you?

So far so good Addie! That's awesome, hopefully you won't get any!

AFM, I got my :bfp:! I don't know if my Dr will do hcg levels yet or not b.c of my previous MC but I definitely don't want an early scan again. I'm going to wait to put up my ticker after that 8wk scan though, too much heart ache from before, I need to see a strong HB first.

AFM, I got my :bfp:! I don't know if my Dr will do hcg levels yet or not b.c of my previous MC but I definitely don't want an early scan again. I'm going to wait to put up my ticker after that 8wk scan though, too much heart ache from before, I need to see a strong HB first.

Congratulations!:hugs::happydance::flower:

Wow Tigerlilies! That's such great news. I'm so pleased for you. How many weeks do you think you are? Do you think that it's down to the Clomid? How many cycles of Clomid have you done? Oh, you have made my day and I don't even know you!

LOL, thanks Ellie! I did one round if clomid so it must have helped some how! I hope there's more BFP to follow!

Just wanted to say hello. This is my first post here. I've been reading all your posts and found some very helpful information. I wish you all the best of luck! and Congrats to those who have happy news already!

I am ttc my 2nd child. my first was 12.5 yrs ago. I used Clomid then ( i was only 20yrs old). My husband is the fertility issue. And we were IUI. (inseminated). It worked the first time. :)
I took Clomid this time as well. 100mg days 3-7. Still on first cycle. I am 11dpo. The clomid gave me hot flashes, head aches, and mood swings. all aweful, but bearable. I O on day 14. OPK spiked on day 13. Inseminated on day 14.
I have Adenomyosis (condition in which endometrial tissue, which normally lines the uterus, is present within and grows into the muscular walls of the uterus). This condition causes alot of cramping, so I have cramps all the time. I did take a test at day 9 (couldnt wait) it was neg. But there is still hope. My cycle is 24-25 days, so I'm due AF on thurs - friday.
Just wanted to share my clomid experience with you all.

Thanks for sharing your story. I hope that you get your BFP at the end of this week!
So, I was wondering whether the side effects only happen the days when you're actually taking the tablets. I've been lucky with not having any of the nasty headaches or hot flushes and wondered whether I've escaped them completely or could still get them during the rest of my cycle.
Tigerlilies, it's so great that you got your BFP on the first cycle!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->