Anyone on Clomid?

I noticed my side effects around day 3 and they lasted into ovulation. I forgot to mention I also had alot of dizzyness and vertigo, and trouble sleeping. Now I'm just tired all the time! haha. I really think the side effects of clomid are worth it. They pass fairly quick.

When I used clomid last time, I dont remember any side effects at all. But I was much younger and most likely didnt take notice, haha.

So far so good Addie! That's awesome, hopefully you won't get any!

AFM, I got my :bfp:! I don't know if my Dr will do hcg levels yet or not b.c of my previous MC but I definitely don't want an early scan again. I'm going to wait to put up my ticker after that 8wk scan though, too much heart ache from before, I need to see a strong HB first.

CONGRATULATIONS Tigerlilies!!!! :happydance:

ttcdee how may days after your last pill did you ovulate? I take my last pill on Friday. Today I had a weird feeling in my stomach like something pushing from inside? Is that normal or possible a side effect? It didn't hurt it was just odd and only lasted 5 seconds?

congrats tigerlilies. i totally understand you being cautious and am keeping my fingers crossed for you.
thanks for the info in this thread ladies. it was helpful.

i am on CD5 - day 3 of chlomid @50mg for the first time. i have no real symptoms except for mild cramping. the delusional side of me wonders if the lack of symptoms means it isn't working :wacko:

my clinic wasn't very clear about when to schedule my follicle ultrasound. for now it is set for cd12. i normally ovulate on cd14.

Addie....
My OPK showed a surge on the 13th day. I was told to start using the OPK on the 10th day, but I was worried cause the box instructions said that with a 25day cycle to start using on day 8. So I did. But I assumed the clomid pushed the O day. I thought I normally felt O on days 10-11.
Alot of women seem to mention alot of O pain. I did have alot, but because of my condition I have cramps all the time, I'm not really sure if they were worse or not. sorry.
Sounds like today could be your day....just keep "busy" for the next 4-5 days to be safe.

Does anyone do their temp? I started clomid on monday and Wed my temp dropped and today it spiked a big amount? What does this mean. My CBFM has not asked me to test yet so I dont know what to think? Could I have ovulated that early is that what a spike in temp means??? Can you ovulate more than 1nce on clomid and maybe I did and then will do it again. I think its to soon to ovulate I just started clomid 4 days ago.

Just wanted to say hello. This is my first post here. I've been reading all your posts and found some very helpful information. I wish you all the best of luck! and Congrats to those who have happy news already!

I am ttc my 2nd child. my first was 12.5 yrs ago. I used Clomid then ( i was only 20yrs old). My husband is the fertility issue. And we were IUI. (inseminated). It worked the first time. :)
I took Clomid this time as well. 100mg days 3-7. Still on first cycle. I am 11dpo. The clomid gave me hot flashes, head aches, and mood swings. all aweful, but bearable. I O on day 14. OPK spiked on day 13. Inseminated on day 14.
I have Adenomyosis (condition in which endometrial tissue, which normally lines the uterus, is present within and grows into the muscular walls of the uterus). This condition causes alot of cramping, so I have cramps all the time. I did take a test at day 9 (couldnt wait) it was neg. But there is still hope. My cycle is 24-25 days, so I'm due AF on thurs - friday.
Just wanted to share my clomid experience with you all.

Those were some major side affects even if they were bearable! Will you eventually have to get a hysterectomy b.c of the adenomyosis? I've never heard of that before so I'm not sure what are the long term affects of that. But I pray you get a BFP in a couple of days!!!! Good luck!

i am on CD5 - day 3 of chlomid @50mg for the first time. i have no real symptoms except for mild cramping. the delusional side of me wonders if the lack of symptoms means it isn't working :wacko:
my clinic wasn't very clear about when to schedule my follicle ultrasound. for now it is set for cd12. i normally ovulate on cd14.

I didn't have many noticable side affects either but man oh man, I knew the day I was O b.c of the cramps and ovarian pain! So don't worry about that, I thought the same thing too. CD12 sounds like a good day to due the follicle US but then again I didn't do that part but still, sounds reasonable.

Does anyone do their temp? I started clomid on monday and Wed my temp dropped and today it spiked a big amount? What does this mean. My CBFM has not asked me to test yet so I dont know what to think? Could I have ovulated that early is that what a spike in temp means??? Can you ovulate more than 1nce on clomid and maybe I did and then will do it again. I think its to soon to ovulate I just started clomid 4 days ago.
A 0.3-0.5 degree drop followed by a 0.5-1 degree spike usually means O occurred, did you have to get it on yesterday and/or the day before? Doing today as well wouldn't hurt either!

congrats tigerlilies. i totally understand you being cautious and am keeping my fingers crossed for you.

When I was on Clomid I was very skeptical about it because I didn't get any side effects either. However when I got my BFP on the 3rd round all of my skepticism left. So keep trying and don't lose hope! I wish you lots of baby dust.
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Congratulations Libra Mariah! I wish you a happy healthy 9 months and thank you for sharing your story!!!!!

Hi ladies! Thanks for the advice. Its so odd if I did ovulate why it would be this early on day 7/8??? Isnt that early and is it possible to o again bc of clomid later on??? I am just guna try again tonight and then every other day till I see my doc Dec 14th! I dont want to miss the day. :happydance:

CONGRATS TO TIGER LILLY!!! AWESOME NEWS

addie... that does sound quite early huh? but I guess it is possible....also from what I've read, Ovulating twice in a cycle is very possible, but that it usually happens with realitivly close in time period ( 12hrs to a day) not days apart. when do you usually Ovuate? are you just going by your temps or do you use OPKs as well? this is my 2nd month of temping and sometimes my temps spike and dip for no reasons at all... so it is really not a good gauge for me it seems. (but thats just me... a lot of other girls have really consistant temps)

and your plan sounds perfect to BD every other day til the 14th, I would stick to that plan if I was you.

Hi,
I had an appointment with the gynaecologist today for a follicular scan. I'm cd 9 and there are three follicles on each ovary. They still only small, but I'm going back on Monday for another scan to see whether they've grown. She talked about giving me an injection to make sure that I ovulate 24 hours afterwards. Might be worth a shot.
I have the most horrendous headache at the moment, but she assured me that it's not Clomid related as I finished the tablets on Monday.
Fingers crossed for some more BFPs very soon.
:flower:

looks like i am for out girls ...so going to try to get the bfp for Christmas !!!:)

So far so good Addie! That's awesome, hopefully you won't get any!

AFM, I got my :bfp:! I don't know if my Dr will do hcg levels yet or not b.c of my previous MC but I definitely don't want an early scan again. I'm going to wait to put up my ticker after that 8wk scan though, too much heart ache from before, I need to see a strong HB first.

YAY so happy for you :happydance::happydance::happydance: i am so glad clomid worked !!! you see i told you ..remember you were so worried when i answered to your post couples weeks ago!!!:hugs:

btw...i looked at my chart of over a year ago when i took clomid 50mg i got Trystan on my second cycle on it ...(dont remember if i posted that info already..)
i took clomid from CD3 to CD7 got major ovulation cramps ...you do know when you ovulate for sure on it !
we BD CD 8 ,CD12,13,14 and CD 22 (i had a small bleed after intercourse ) got the BFP on CD26...i had tested on cd 24 and got a BFN at the time too...

tcc1st: Thanks for the reply I am only going on my temps bc my clear blue fertility monitor got messed up this month. I had to reset it this morning so Im a bit upset with that. This is why I will just try every other day not 2 miss anything since I am not used to temping and dont really understand it. I have other kinds of OPK's that I will take 2wice a day to check if I O but last month it didnt catch it and my clear blue monitor did so I dont trust them 2 much! I really hope this is the month ttc is so hard.

[/QUOTE]Those were some major side affects even if they were bearable! Will you eventually have to get a hysterectomy b.c of the adenomyosis? I've never heard of that before so I'm not sure what are the long term affects of that. But I pray you get a BFP in a couple of days!!!! Good luck![/QUOTE]

I agree, but worth it in the end I hope!!

And yes, I am supposed to go for a hysterectomy as soon as I'm ready.

Fingers crossed for a BFP...testing Sunday if no :witch:

Hi,
I had an appointment with the gynaecologist today for a follicular scan. I'm cd 9 and there are three follicles on each ovary. They still only small, but I'm going back on Monday for another scan to see whether they've grown. She talked about giving me an injection to make sure that I ovulate 24 hours afterwards. Might be worth a shot.
I have the most horrendous headache at the moment, but she assured me that it's not Clomid related as I finished the tablets on Monday.
Fingers crossed for some more BFPs very soon.
:flower:
That's so exciting!!! Good luck and let us know what happens on Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->