Anyone on IVF Donor Egg Journey this November 2015.

Beetle, congratulations on the rising beta, what a lovely number. When do you go for your first scan? I can understand how it doesn't feel real but I am sure once you see/hear that little heartbeat things will get very real. What do you reckon 1 or 2?

I am staying very positive about my next cycle, I am just holding onto hope that the thawing goes well first. I haven't done reflexology but I have done ALOT of acupuncture and almost everything else.

Frances/Vonn, I hope both your cycles are going well.

:flower:

Hi All,

Apologies for not posting some updates. Ok, so had eggs retrieved from my ED yesterday and sperm collection from from DH. Also started my progesterone too and will undergo embryo transfer this saturday. Been feeling very lazy with my exercises but plans go for a long walk this evening.

Beetie: How's ist going? I can imagine that it's so surreal for you. You deserve it and as the song goes "there comes a time when you exhale!

Vonn: what's up with you? hope the IUI went well?

Beetie, I like the suggestion about reflexology. I'm having one tomorrow and then a day to the transfer.

Kisses to you all.

Hey Pinkie,

Staying positive is the way to go. I join my faith to yours to say that indeed the thawing will go well and you will carry your babies next year.

Beetle, congratulations on the rising beta, what a lovely number. When do you go for your first scan? I can understand how it doesn't feel real but I am sure once you see/hear that little heartbeat things will get very real. What do you reckon 1 or 2?

I am staying very positive about my next cycle, I am just holding onto hope that the thawing goes well first. I haven't done reflexology but I have done ALOT of acupuncture and almost everything else.

Frances/Vonn, I hope both your cycles are going well.

Thanks Pinkie - I'm hoping that if/when we see a heartbeat (or two eek) it will be a bit more believable! The Lister say that I should have a scan around 29/30th however they are shut for Xmas - so I have to see if the NHS will offer me an early scan around this date (as I'm such an OAP and with my previous history its possible they might!) - or we'll have to pay £100 for a private scan. I need the scan before we can have my next lot of Intralipids (otherwise its lots of money wasted!). And as for whether its 1 or 2 - I would be absolutely overjoyed with either. I haven't got a clue. I have literally no symptoms to speak of. Nada. I had Noro Virus at the weekend (so it shows that the Steroids are working as my immune system is rubbish!) - I was so terrified that it would have affected things ... but bloods on Monday show numbers rising nicely! V. reassuring. They are tough things these embies! :)

Re the thawing process of your embies, I've not heard any horror stories about things going wrong. I thought once the embies have made it to blasts - they are tough little cookies and they survive the freezing/thawing process well! Glad you are having acupuncture. Anything to try and relax and rebalance the system is a good idea.

Frances - woohoo! This Saturday is so close! Well done for doing some reflexology. I did reflexology and I also had egg transfer acupuncture protocol - ie acupuncture pre transfer and post transfer - same day. I don't know whether it helped but it certainly kept me relaxed!

Vonn - how are you getting on?

Frances, thinking of you today. Good luck with the transfer, let us know how you get on.

Beetle, how are you feeling? Hope everything is still going well and you have managed to get a referral to the early pregnancy unit for a scan?

I am feeling confident that my embryo will survive (although I know its not guaranteed) my clinic has said they only freeze the best and in the last two years they've only ever had one embryo not survive and they were all shocked. So that's reassuring.

Hope you're all having a good weekend

x

Ooh Frances - how did you get on with the Transfer? Fingers crossed you have something snuggled on board - would love to hear how it went.

Pinkie - wow - that's an amazing statistic about embies surviving the thawing process! woohoo! a great confidence booster.

AFM - well, not much to report. I did request my GP refer me for an early scan but I've heard absolutely diddley squat. I'm on the waiting list for a private clinic so I may get in if someone cancels but if I don't get an early scan I'll have to wait until the Lister reopens in Jan - when I'll be 7.5 weeks pregnant. I still don't feel v. pregnant. the odd twinge every now and then but the most obvious thing is that I'm soooo ridiculously bloated! I look about 4 months pregnant! I don't know if that's because of all the progesterone I'm having to take but I can only wear leggings! Forget jeans at the moment! i'm not complaining though! :)

A happy and prosperous new year people! Some updates from my end. I had 4 embies transferred on saturday 19th december 2015 and yes I had a BFP. It was the longest two weeks wait of my life and I’m so grateful to God it was worth it.

I can’t say that the two weeks was without any drama though. I started spotting on day 5 post emby transfer which lasted for 5 days.My Gynea had to switch to progesterone injections, still on them now and will stop tomorrow and then go back to crinone 8% by sunday.
It’s going to be great year for us all. We shall all dance the dance of victory. Happy new year once more.

Beetie: Hope you're progressing fine? What's the latest with you? Did you get to carry out the scan? Whatever happens, just know that you'll be fine.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/images/smilies/happydance2.gif

Woohoo Frances congratulations! That's fab news! Golly you had 4 transferred - in the uk the max they will let you transfer is 2. I'm sorry to hear that you've had a traumatic time with bleeding. That happened to me and I now have intramuscular progesterone injections daily. My view is if it works then I'll do anything!

AFM - I had a scare at 6 weeks when I had bright red bleeding. I was terrified. No cramping, no sign of tissue but enough to fill half a pad v quickly - obviously cos it was Christmas holidays everywhere was shut so I had a choice of A and E at the hospital or rest. I didn't fancy a 5 hour wait in hospital so I just lay quietly on sofa and prayed. The bleeding completely stopped the next morning. But I managed to get an early scan based in the fact I had bleeding and this Wednesday we found out we were expecting not 1 but 2 babies - identical twins! We knew fraternal twins was possible because we had 2 embies put back in but didn't expect this! So currently there are 2 heartbeats. In the uk they don't do a scan until 12 weeks but we are hoping to get another scan before then with the lister.
Frances when are you do a scan?!

Wishing everyone a very Happy New Year! ������

Frances this is fantastic, congratulations. 4 Transferred, you are a brave women. When is your first scan?

Such a great start to the new year and I've read nothing but bfp with DE on this and another site, it really gives me hope. Never give up!

Happy new year x

Beetie, It's so cool that you're expecting identicals. I'm thrilled for you!

DH and I made the decision to transfer 4 embies cos I had scar tissues and although I had them removed last september, I didn't want to take chances.
I'm keeping fingers crossed that at best, I'll get two babies out of the four. I'm due for my first scan on 31st Jan and am so looking forward to it. Other than that, I'm in a rest mode and taking things really easy.

Looking forward to great year and an easy 9 months especially as this is a leap year. I believe that the blessings for all TTC women will be in leaps and bounds.

Thanks Pinkie. You'll have it good this too. this is my 5th and I bet you, I almost gave up. It took the intervention of a close friend who has TTCed for 20 yrs and finally got pregnant to convince me to go for this. DH was also tired but seeing our friend with her pregnancy gave us hope.

Do you have plans to go for another one this year? I now it can be tiring but if you do decide, I believe it will work for this time.

I also had a high FSH but I was on fertility blend prenatals for over 3 months before I decided to go for this cycle. I am convinced it also helped. You can look it up and see if if you want to try it.

I wish you a great year ahead as I believe you're next on the line.

And just being curious, anyone know any food to avoid?

For now I'm off sour milk such as yoghurt, cheese etc as advised by doctor. But hey, if there're more, kindly feel free to share with me.

Thanks Frances we are definitely not giving up. We found out last week that both embryos took on our last cycle but both migrated into each tube (extremely rare and unlucky) but taking a positive from it I did get pregnant so holding onto high hopes for our FET in around March time. I wish I could go earlier but due to the operation I'm not allowed so going to use this time to get fit and healthy. Make my body into a temple lol or a nice home for baby!

So its the count down til the scan for you now, I hope it goes quickly for you and there are a couple of lovely heartbeats.

I don't think you need to be too strict with your eating as long as everything is cooked properly and you avoid anything that can contain bad bacteria, soft cheeses, pate, unpasteurized diary etc, Google has a great list.

Beetle, hope you're doing ok lovely.

X

Frances that's so exciting!!! I originally posted to your reply on page 1 but didn't check back in till now. Wonderful to get such great news!

Pinkie - I've read a few of your posts before you've had such a drama I truly believe that is behind you and you'll be pregnant very soon. Use this time off to get your health ready. That's what I've been doing. I'm not using donor egg but due for a FET transfer soon! Hey did u guys do any bed rest after transfer? I've read things that support yes and no to bed rest. I will be doing acupuncture before and after transfer - I'm a big exerciser and my Dr said after transfer it makes no difference in the 2ww. She said if u come back positive then you have to watch the over heating and stretchy muscles as they are more when u are pregnant. But I think I'll stick to light walking - I've come so far I don't want to do anything I'll regret if I get a BFP. I'm a big exerciser - it's my stress relief - so trying to do as much as possible till then!

Hey Miranda!

I did have rest during the 2ww and when I say bed rest, I mean bed rest! I was getting up only to eat and use the bathroom. I did try to walk around a little by day 4 and 5 but then I started to spotting and the Dr ordered a bed rest plus progesterone shots and I have to say it wasn't easy but I think it is worth it. I know there's some arguments for and against bed rest but if won't cost you anything, why not? I didn't take bed rest in my previous cycles and I didn't achieve any pregnancy so I like to think that I'm evidence that it could contribute to achieving positive pregnancy.

Some other things I did included a deep tissue massage and a reflexology in the week of my transfer. My friend did that and it worked for her so I tried it. I downloaded some funny stand up comedies in phone and watched them while I laid down right after the transfer. I made sure I was relaxed and watched a lot of comedies during the 2ww.

I can't say for sure if these were the reasons why it worked for me but I didn't do any of these in my previous cycles (4 failed cycles). I did some research on the internet and these were some of the things many women said they did including my very close friend. An article I read on www.thefertilechickonline.com was where I got most of them.

I also think you should try and not exercise post transfer and try and as much as possible not to engage in anything that would make you stress so you won't even have to need any stress relief and that may include taking time off work.

I'm sorry for my very long post but all the best in your next attempt.

Miranda, thanks for your words. Yes life has certainly given me some challenges but I am pushing on and not letting it beat me. We ladies have to stay strong and keep fighting.

Sorry to hear of your struggles and hope your FET is successful. I am planning my FET for March.

I have heard/read mixed reviews on bed rest. I think the day of transfer, take it easy and there after you do what you think is right. You know your body. If you are tired then rest, if not do some gentle exercising like walking etc. As for exercising fully, I would take it easy in the TWW, once pregnancy has been achieved then apparently its actually good for you, helps with stress, keeps you fit and suppose to help with labour and birth.

Hi ladies - how are you all doing? Bed rest is an interesting question. I had acupuncture pre and post transfer which involves lying down for about 45 minutes but really that was the only rest I took. I actually did a Christmas Fair during the 2 week wait which was 12-9pm for 2 days plus packing up and unpacking. I got my husband to do the serious lifting but It was v. hard work and exhausting. I really thought I had overdone it but managed to get my BFP. I agree with Frances if you have spotting then its imperative to take it easy but otherwise there is no evidence that rest helps. I think everything in moderation is the key and listen to your body as everyone is different.
Frances how are you feeling? when is your scan? I'm so excited for you! How are you feeling? My early pregnancy symptoms were minimal but I was from day 1 so bloated it was ridiculous!
i'm now 8.5 weeks pregnant... I saw the community midwife for my booking in appointment yesterday ... which made it seem a bit more real! My next scan is next Wednesday. I'm very nervous about it as I've been here before having had a scan with heartbeat and then next scan no heartbeat ... so just praying that the donor eggs are more youthful and beautiful than my old eggies!
In terms of more recent symptoms - apart from 1-2 bathroom trips per night, and having to buy a belly belt to fit to my jeans so I can still wear them, and wearing a larger bra, I've not had morning sickness which I think may be because I'm on steroids which is supposed to help with MS, however I do find that if I don't eat regularly I get extremely hunger pains which border on nausea - lovely! :)

Beetle congrats for being pregnant that's so amazing!! I think I saw in another thread too. With twins?
Pinkie fingers crossed for your FET in March. Mine's next week on Thursday. Kind of excited but kind of scarred because it's my first FET and don't know if I can handle anymore disappointment. But thinking positive!!!!

Miranda, wishing you all the best for transfer next week. I think its only natural to be scared, I am terrified each time. FET is so much easier than a fresh cycle but its no different on your emotions. Stay strong x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->