anyone out there not want to know the Gender until birth?

keepfaith17

Reaction score
I found out what i was having with my first. Now second time around my OH has tossed around the idea of not finding out til we have the baby. He is pretty persistent on it and this would be his first biological child. im not 100% against it but i find it hard to hold off when given the chance to know at our 20 week scan.

Have any of you held off on knowing the gender? how did it work out? how did you keep your mind off it,etc?

Both of our parents didn't know with us or our siblings what we were going to be so it doesn't seem to odd to wait for them but then it does because they have said if back then they had the tech they would've found out.

Hi, I am 10 weeks with my 4th baby. I found out the sex with my older 3, however this time I’m going to leave it as a surprise 😊 x

Me!
I was team yellow the second time around, but I did manage to see a penis at the 20 week scan so that was disappointing. With my third, I made sure to tell the technician that I knew the parts and didn't want to know and she told me when to look away and I was happily surprised with a girl (after having two boys)! This time around my husband and I agreed to again go team yellow.
I personally feel it's one of life's biggest surprises, and generally a happy and fun one.

I found out with my first 3, but not with 4th 5th and we're not finding out now with 6th it honestly want too difficult the only hard time is when you're at the 20 week scan but if you just hold strong you'll be pleasantly surprised I loved my births when team yellow the excitement is so much more and DH is my cheerleader because he so badly wants to know what it is and is right there to be the first to see when baby is born it is truly one of life's only true surprises I try to persuade every pregnant person I know to go team yellow hahaha

I didn't with either. My hospital don't tell you and you'd have to travel to get a private scan so I had no choice with my first though I did want to but once he was born there was something so amazing about that wait being over and getting to look and see after all that time. After that I knew I wouldn't want to find out if I had more so when I was pregnant with DD I looked away when they were looking at the legs just incase haha. It truly is an amazing experience.

We didn’t find out with our first and don’t plan on this time either. We never had a desire to find out. I even forgot to ask after giving birth haha. It was the sweetest surprise of our life.

I didn’t find out on my first 2 but we are this time but that’s purely down to already having two boys and if I’m having another boy I’d love to go shopping for the whole blue stuff as Iv never done that even though Iv already had 2 boys, saying that if they say a girl I would be gutted I didn’t wait till birth

I could never do it but I think it absolutely has to be one of life's greatest surprises. <3

I'm team yellow. I have to say, that when my DH caught his little girl and was the first to see that she was a she and tell me was one of the sweetest things ever.

I can’t imagine wanting to find out!! I didn’t with ds and I looked away in the scans for this baby! There is no greater surprise in life, and that moment when dh tells you or the midwife is just amazing! It seriously helps with motivation through labour too &#128521;

its good to see so many of you team Yellow. To be honest i was against it 100% at first, i wanted to do a gender reveal party the whole shin-dig but now im seeing his side of it and how exciting it could be and really thinking of not finding out. not only to my surprise but to see his reaction and all i cant wait!

im also horrible with looking into Wives tales and Chinese calendar predictions. They were correct for my first born, they didnt work for my cousin so i know they are just "tales". But the heartbeat at 8w3d was 167 (girl) , the needle and thread wives tale told me i would have a daughter first then a son and then another girl years ago, Chinese calendar - Girl.... i look into thing wayyy to much Lol :blush:

I think the heartbeat concept comes because woman mature faster, so maybe with early ultrasounds it could be a indication. Thats just my thoughts...

I found out with my first son... but after reading all these posts I am considering waiting, too! It must feel incredible to find out at birth. Hard to wait, I get that. I'd be the same way... but imagine the suprise you'd get later. Thats exciting!

I didn't find out with either of mine and it was truly a wonderful experience. I made sure the doctors, nurses and everyone knew to make sure they didn't spill the beans, lol.

My doctor offered to write down the sex and then put it in an envelope so we could decide later whether or not to open it, but I declined because I knew if it was sitting around either I or my husband would open it! &#128514;

We didn’t find out and it was easier than I thought. It was the best thing hearing my husband say it’s a boy when he came out. It gave me more motivation during labor too (or that’s my feeling on it since he’s my only one lol) because I was anxious to know what he was!

Funny thing was that most people swore we knew the whole time and just didn’t want to tell people. I also had dreams that my dr would come into the room and forget that I didn’t want to know and say “he’s” doing great.

If you’re going to do it, be sure to tell them before anything dealing with that anatomy is discussed lol and remind them each appointment in case they wrote the sex in your records.

20 week scan would probably have been the hardest for me but since I was high risk I had 10+ ultrasounds so it got easier with each one!

Tie breaker baby for us and not finding out! I'm sure we'll get some pushback on it, but I don't care. I have all of the stuff for both, I don't need to prepare. We aren't even telling our parents until 17 weeks, which is going to upset my family. Whatever, I'm excited!

We didn't find out with our first two but hubby wants to this time around. I'm hoping he changes his mind!

I did find out with my first two.
Fast forward 10 years...new relationship.... Amazing relationship &#55357;&#56842;. We're getting married this summer (lots of excitement happening around here). I really don't want to know this time around.
Months before we were pregnant we had a conversation. He said he wouldn't be able to hold it and he'd have to know.
I explained that this was a new journey and that even though it would be exciting to find out, that I'd love to be surprised at birth. And I explained how special it would be.
He said if it meant that much to me that he'd be fine to wait.
It's going to be hard because already I'm questioning my decision. We have nothing for baby and need everything. The nursery and most all the newborn clothes will have to be very "team yellow". Still, I can't help but imagine the day that we get to meet this little baby and find out if it's a boy or a girl &#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;&#10084;&#65039;

We never found out with the 2nd which was nice because we already had a boy and instead of thinking at the 20wk scan oh another boy, seeing his little face when he was born and how cute he was made it so much more special xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->