anyone out there not want to know the Gender until birth?

I'm on my third time team yellow, I love it and wouldn't have it any other way.
Other people seem to think it's a bit odd though when they are keen to find out.

This is our third baby and we’ve never found out, and won’t this time either. As for keeping our mind off it, it doesn’t even feature to be honest. The baby is what it is, and whether we find out at 20 weeks or 40 it’s still the same outcome.

And with how it worked... we just didn’t find out then did when it came out!

For all you previous team yellows where did you find the best gender neutral stuff at?? This is my third time being team yellow and yellow is cute and all but it does get bland, I've found a couple cute things at target one black and white with crosses and one all grey burts bees that are cute but EVERYTHING else is yellow or white?? Any help much appreciated!!

All three of our children have been mysteries. :yellow:
DH wanted to find out with our first, as he was afraid of gender disappointment if she was a girl and thought he would need time to process. I insisted on keeping it a surprise with our first - I really wanted to experience that thrill of finding out at birth that I have heard many speak of, and told him he could decide with the all the others but I needed that motivation of not knowing whether we're having a boy or girl when labour got hard.
He relented, and as soon as we had our anatomynscans I regretted it. Lol. Only temporarily though. That moment at birth was worth the wait, andecen though it was a girl it didn't dampen hubby's elation at all as he had feared.

He chose to carry on not finding out with the others, and it has gotten easier and more exciting each time.

I am a bit tempted to find out this time due to twins, but I think keeping double the mystery and the double the guessing right up to birth will be so exciting

Katie, I buy white stuff and tie dye it! But I do also like the fact that teal and grey are in as gender neutral colours in some places. I had lots of teal grey and white with our son in advance of his birth when he was a mystery. I cant recommend stores though.
But honestly I don't care too much what they wear - most of our clothes have all been hand me downs

Buying things - I’ve only ever bought white vests (onesies) anyway, and then just a few babygros. Plenty of time to buy things when they arrive, and people buy so much as presents it’s never been an issue. Also mine mostly dress in hand me downs anyway so they just get what they get!

team yellow experts - you all have so much will power! i was just browsing the other day to see what new things have come out in the last 4 years since our daughter and i was having a hard time finding cute things to be gender neutral, but didnt have any issues finding something for a girl or boy that i found adorable and wanted to buy asap. with that being said the Tie Dye idea is amazing! I love tye dye and making our own clothes doing so and i actually hadnt even thought of that.

it is still pretty hard for me to imagine not finding out but im staying positive about it and looking at all of the experiences that will come with it. I dont think this will be our last child either so i dont think its hurting anything by not finding out. where im from though, people will think we are crazy and old school but its a good thing we dont worry about what others think lol.

we are taking pictures this weekend for our announcement. i had a sign on etsy made that said "Every Hero needs a side kick, Mine arrives November 2018" and then our daughter has a Superman costume to put on, it should be pretty fun.

when times get tough, im going to look to you "Team Yellow'ers" for help!

We will be here.

For me, I tend to lean towards blue items anyway and I think blue is fine for a girl (which I had).
I did my LO's nursery in an animal/nature theme and the walls were already yellow. For her bedding, I got blue ferns and all the rest of textiles are animals and I think that is gender neutral. Her swing was "boy" geared one, but she certainly didn't mind.

For clothes, I have mostly hand-me-downs in both genders, but I did put her in some boy geared clothing at first and "girled it up" with head bows. I had no issues with her in blue or puppy dogs, or trucks, or all that other typical boy clothing.

This time around, we are doing a grey and white theme and will girl it up if this little bean turns out to be another girl once she is born by adding dolls and other typical girl toys.

To the point of buying clothes, I focused more on the season. I had a summer baby so it was easy to find nautical rompers and outfits. I mostly found them at Carters or even old navy and stock piled for the first 3 months. This time around I’ll have a fall baby so I’ll be buying lots of orange and brown outfits. I found that not knowing the gender was harder on some friends and family than us. It never crossed our minds to find out. But some people just couldn’t fathom not knowing. It provided much relief and an overall calm pregnancy because we didn’t worry much about nursery decorations or overanalyze names.

I wanted to find out as quick as possible with our 1st lol. I liked the idea of teem yellow the 2nd time but we found out by mistake. We were determined with our 3rd not to find out and managed not to. I loved the idea of the surprise. To be honest it was s bit of a let down when the moment came. Things went really quick and intense at the end and I was in a bit of a state of shock. The baby was laid on me and OH kept saying "it's a baby boy. It's a baby boy" I was thinking, okay, yes I know it's a baby, what were you expecting, a washing machine. It took me ages to click that it was the boy bit that was important, lol. Honestly I was just glad that the baby was out!

Katie, I buy white stuff and tie dye it! But I do also like the fact that teal and grey are in as gender neutral colours in some places. I had lots of teal grey and white with our son in advance of his birth when he was a mystery. I cant recommend stores though.
But honestly I don't care too much what they wear - most of our clothes have all been hand me downs

Tye dye is a great idea!! I normally am not too stressed about what they wear it is usually onsies here for the first few months, but I think the other mystery babiesI knew deep down they were boys so I didn't worry, I only have one daughter she's 11 so I don't have any of her stuff, and I found out yesterday she's been saving done of her baby clothes since I wad pregnant with#4 hoping for a girl, so for me persay the white onsies are my go to, but tye dying them could be the perfect compromise!!

another wives tale from the birthing nurse we met with stated that not knowing usually tends to lead to a easier labor process... have any of you found that to be true?

Thats an interesting tale I’ve never heard of before. Unbeknownst to me, I was 9cm dilated when I got to my midwives. Transitioning into the last cm proved to be the most difficult for me, but I only pushed for about 20 minutes before baby was out. I’m hoping for a smoother transition this pregnancy.

My labors that I didn't know the gender were way easier faster and I never had that I can't do it moment, but I do have to say I never had very difficult labor to begin with my first was 6 hours 3-5 pushes and he was 8 pounds our first team yellow baby was 45 minutes labor and one good push I wanted to know what he was so bad and it was am induction as well so I'd say there's some merit to it!

I've never had a birth with a known gender to compare, but I have very fast and easy labours typically.

Didn’t know with either of mine - birth 1 I ended up needing a blood transfusion, birth 2 I ended up with. 3rd degree tear so I call bull on that one!

I knew instinctively what all three were anyway but we still found out for sure at the 20 week scan. This time I want it to be a surprise, something that my husband initially agreed to, but he changed his mind and wants to find out so I told him he will have to keep it secret and keep it completely to himself.

Re labour, I haven't any frame of reference but we knew what all three were as I said above, first baby hardest, second hard but shorter labour, third, longer labour than second but easiest by far

We were didn't find out for our first and it was the best decision we made. I did have a wobble at about 17 weeks knowing that I could find out in 3 weeks time or wait another 23 but stayed strong. It was funny in the end as I always wanted DH to tell me what we had but I had a water birth and she had both legs crossed and arms over the top so of her so my mum kept shouting 'what is it? what is it?' and he had to unwrap her!

This time we are going to find out. As much as I loved the surprise we have kept everything from DD and I would like to try and get organised with getting rid of things if it's a boy. Also, DD is 4 and I think it will be easier for her (and me) to get used to the idea of the new addition if we know what it is.

With clothes my big regret was buying too many neutral things. She was smaller than we expected so another person on the ward who's baby was bigger than they expected ended up giving us their clothes - then DH went and bought clothes and we had lots of gifts - after all the pink pretty clothes she then went into the neutral things when she was bigger. Looking back we'd have been ok with a few bits as there is plenty of time to buy things when they are here.

I found out with first 3 but 4th was a surprise and it was amazing. Wish I kept all 4 a surprise.

another wives tale from the birthing nurse we met with stated that not knowing usually tends to lead to a easier labor process... have any of you found that to be true?

No lol. My first was very complicated, it would've been whether I knew the sex or not ha. My second labour was so much better and was a 'nice' experience but I found both times that I was focusing on the pain and everything else, not finding out what the baby was. I feel that made the surprise even better though as it was something I almost forgot about until they were out, then I suddenly remembered needing to see and so it was like a surprise being sprung on me lol. That's my experience though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->