Anyone out there waiting until 2018 or later?

squeaker1989

Reaction score
My husband and I have been married for 5 years. When we first got married neither of us had a strong desire for children, but the past 2 years things have really changed for me. I want to be a mom so badly!!

My husband doesn't not want it, but he knows he doesn't want it right now...

So we were recently able talk through what our future will look like as far as children and he said that he is ok with starting to have children at 30. That would mean ttc in 2018 :happydance:

(he also thinks it is weird to set a date for something like when we are going to have children... if only he knew about this whole group haha) :winkwink:

I on the other hand love to plan and research and be ready for things, so I was wondering if there are other mommies to be in 2018 or later and are you doing anything now to prepare or are there things you are trying to accomplish before ttc?

Hi I have recently had the implant put in (monday actually) which is good until the end pf 2018. I may take it out depending how things go but I have PCOS and I'm working on reducing my symptoms. Also my son is disabled and we just found out he has a genetic syndrome from the x chromosome. They don't know what it is yet but only boys can get it (the females in my family are carriers). We really want another and We have a 1 in 4 chance of baby hqving the same condition. It's not a life limiting syndrome (mainly developmental delays and learning disability) but it's a lot to think about.

As for preparing I really would like to lose a lot of weight. We are just about to move house too which will be perfect for another baby. It will help my son to have a few more years of development too so when baby is here he will hopefully understand more and be able to do more for himself.

2018 feels so long but it's not really that far away!

We are planning on trying late 2017/early 2018.
We'll be settled in our own house, our son will be around 4 when the new baby comes which is the age gap we want and we'll have saved some money too.
I agree that it seems so far away but it'll come around so quickly :D

Hi.
We are planning to TTC early 2018, I already have baby fever to a serious degree but hopefully the next couple of years will keep me busy enough! Summer 2017 we should be getting married and buying our first home together, so plenty to be looking forward to. My OH doesn't know about BnB, if he did he'd think I was crazy thinking about babies when it's still over 2 years away!

I'm waiting indefinitely. I'm not finished college until next year and with the job I'm going into I'll be moving every 3-6 months for the next few years.

I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one planning so far in advance!! Hopefully we can help each other wait it out ;)

We're looking at about a 3 year wait...maybe August 2018. 2018 will be our 8 year wedding anniversary, our DD will be 4.5-5 years old and getting ready to start school in the year the baby is born, and I will be able to take a year's maternity leave without having to rush back to finish a qualification like I did this time >.<

Only thing is we're knocking on a bit in the age department...if we wait til 2018 we'll both be 37, nearly 38, when baby 2 is born in 2019. That's not too bad, I know, but if we wait any longer than that I worry about how my fertility will be. We were so lucky with DD, we caught on our first cycle of trying, at age 32, but I wouldn't count on that again!

It may be that we feel ready to try a year earlier, in 2017, but we really just need to see how it goes, I think.

I'm waiting until 2018 to try for my second. I'll have my bsn and DD will be 3 years old.

We are thinking of waiting to try for baby number 2 until mid/late 2017. With the hope that number 2 will be born in 2018 when DS is 3. But it took me 4 years from starting ttc to get DS. I just hope it doesn't take too long again, I'm 34 already.

DD was born May 2014 we have always planned for minimum 3 year gap between our children. Hoping to start Ttc in October 2016 with new baby born late 2017 or 2018. We were lucky with DD only Ttc for 3 months hopefully next time will be the same I would be trying few months earlier but we have a big house move coming up in April and a trip to my husbands family in India during September as my daughter hasn't been able to see extended family yet

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->