Anyone over 35 want a buddy?

Hi Bann when I had my last round of injections I had all my follicles on the left I had about three too but my largest was only 13mm they like them to be over 20mm b/c of this they have up'd my dose to 3 ampules which I think is 150mg of Menopur which they are hoping I will respond to.

Hey Irish... OMG I sooooo know what you mean about time really just flying flying by. It seems with this TTC you want to rush through to Ovulation, then rush through the TWW then the month is over and its another month... and I (as it sounds you are too) am completely absorbed about this TTC that takes up the majority of my "time" that I do as well feel I am missing out on other things... gosh it is almost March, and I could of sworn Christmas was just last week !! haha... so I agree with you and know exactly what you are saying there....so NO need to aplogize EVER !! hope you have a better week this than last.

hey Bann... so happy I jumped on here so I could try to answer your question. Ok so when she is saying "good" size follicles, did you ask how big? and when they say the lining looks good, did ya ask how many mm? See this is where I may get on my nurses nerves, because I ask.. ok what size are the follicles and what is my lining at, and they do tell me, but I think a lot of patients just take the general answers they give... BUT NOT ME HAHAHa

ok so every dr is different but here is my general understanding...

lining... they want the lining to be at least an 8 to be convinced a embryo can implant... obviously their has been others that have keep a pregnancy below an 8 but it is not desired. Basically anything over an 8 is considered good, the thicker the better i.e. 10-12... then you dont want it to thick either.

ok as for follicle size and IUI. From what I understand usually for unmedicated cycles women produce multiple follicles each month...but only 1 (maybe 2) lead follicle(s) that will end up being the one that is ovulated, there may be other smaller ones but typically they do not get "pushed out during typical ovulation"... now when on meds (clomid/injections) they do this so women will increase their # of lead follicles in order to give them a better chance of pregnancy... but then again they do not want "too" many lead follicles as that would mean chance of high order multiples. So from what I understand if you use a trigger shot, all of your follicles will be forced to ovulate (not so with normal ovulation as only the "lead" follicle will pop...lead meaning the largest (one or two) depending how many you have). As for the sizes I think Drs like to see at least a size follicle 18 mm to consider it to be mature before they will let you trigger. And they say the follicles grow on average about 1-2 mm per night. Some times more...sometimes less. And even after you do the trigger shot, the follicles continue to grow right up to the time you actually ovulate.

so here is what I had this month to give you an example
CD10 Right Ovary 2 Follicles (1 @10, 1 @8) Left Ovary 4 Follicles (15,12,11 2under 10)

now that clearly means I did not have anything ready to Ovulate yet... meaning I really only had that 15 as the lead follicle.... BUT on CD13 I went back and here is what I had
Right Ovary 2 Follicles (1@15, 1 @13) and Left Ovary 5 Follicles (22,15,14,13,12,12) BUT what my Dr did is he liked that I had the nice 22mm one but also the fact that I had those two 15mm ones... he wanted me to do one more day of injectables before I triggered to try to give these 15 ones time to grow a little more. So that was CD13 and I triggered on CD14 had the IUI on CD16... so the day I had the IUI I have no idea actually what ultimately the follicles had all grown to, as I didnt get an ultrasound... but that would have been nice though!! I guess they are assuming that the 22 mm one prob grew to perhaps 23-25 and perhaps those 15 ones may have gotten up to 18-19. Which would give me a chance with 3 follicles this month. That is where the chances of twins comes into play... NOW on the flip side if I would have responded TOO well with the injections and I had too many follicles that is when they would cancel me and tell me not to try this month as there would be a chance of high order multiples, but for me it looks just perfect, we know at least I had 1 lead, and a chance of 2 others that may have matured in time as well...

sorry for the long explanation and I hope I didnt confuse you... let me know if I did though.. haha

Thank you so much for the info ladies!! The nurse called yesterday and said the doctor wants me to come in on Thursday for a trigger shot and Friday for the IUI. I am panicking now because I have work obligations on Friday that in no way can I get out of. I told the nurse that the doctor had mentioned getting the trigger shot on Friday (I am assuming the trigger shot is a quick in and out of the office) and the IUI Saturday but all she said was "the doctor wrote down Thursday trigger shot and Friday IUI. If you wait till Saturday it will be too late." I don't know what to do. There is absolutely no way for me to get out of work on Friday. I don't know. Ugh!! Is the timing ever right?! Oh, and I did not get the size of my follicles but she said that the 2 were good and told me to stop searching and reading the internet. LOL. What do they expect?! Of course we are going to search and read as much as we can!

I understand what you mean by living in the moment and not the future Irish! I have been so obsessed with trying to get pregnant I have isolated myself pretty much. I don't go out with friends, I am moody and emotional all the time. I live for my peak each month and then the TWW just to start it all over again. Maybe I will sit back and take a breath and try and clear my mind from it all and enjoy what is going on right now. It is so much easier said than done though!

I have my fingers crossed for you ladies! Wishing you well! Lots of baby dust!

Thanks again for responding so quick yesterday! You guys are awesome! :hugs:

Bann they should be able to give you a day leaway to continue the meds and trigger a day later if you can't get out of work on Friday you should ask them. I know when they scanned me day 10 I was not ready (follicle size wise) they pushed out my trigger day it is worth investigating.

I am in a total spin as you know I am a total POAS junkie and today I had a few extra sticks on the other OPK digital monitor and the bloody thing gave me a smiley face on CD24 after I having a smiley face on the same thing on CD14 this cycle. I am still on high fertility with two bars on the CBFM it si still asking me for sticks even at CD24 and the line started to get darker yeserday even though I never had a peak despite getting the smiley face on the other one on CD14. I swear I am totally in a spin it is very confusing especially when I have to decide when to get my perscription for the meds for next cycle which are expensive.

Anyhoo girls I apprecite the support and advise I am sure it will all make sense eventually xxxx I will tune in soon to see how you are doing and I will let you know re teh saga of my conflicting results on the OPK's :) xxx tlk soon

Thanks Irish. I have a call in to them to ask about that and see about going ahead and getting everything scheduled. Surely I am not the only one that is doing this around their work schedule. Every time I mention work to try and get an idea on timeframes, etc., they give me this look that makes me feel like they are thinking that I am in there for assistance, I am doing this on their terms and their schedule. I know for the most part it is out of my control but there are ways to know somewhat ahead of time so I can rearrange work or take time off from work if needed. Ya know? So frustrating! I left a voice-mail message 3 hours ago and no return call. I am just really anxious and irritated. Again here I go with the emotions and feeling out of control. Ugh!!! I am on CD14 right now. I consistantly get a positive around CD13. Hopefully I will hear back soon. If not in the next 45 mins I am going to call again. They will not return calls after 4 so I don't want to wait too long.

As far as your OPK readings Irish, I have no idea what to make of it! I have read that it is possible, rare but possible, to ovulate more than once. Maybe with all that you have been through with the m/c and all these meds you ovulated twice this month? I would call your doctor right away and let them know what kind of readings you are getting and see what they say. Maybe they will want you to come on in for an ultrasound to see what is going on? How long are your cycles? CD24 seems pretty late to me. Is there enough time for a baby to stick if you did conceive right now? That would be extremely confusing! :(

Lots of baby dust to everyone. :hugs:

Bann not too sure going to call the FS tomorrow thought there might be a vague chance that I could be pregnant as sometimes you can get a positive on the OPK when you are as the tests are almost identical (there are some differences) & they don't reccomend it as normally in any even the HPT is more sensitive in any case. I took as a test this mornign (HPT) as you do - as I thought I was CD24 but it was negative so it is all still up in the air - it would have been good to have at least one normal cycle so I felt confident about the meds and as you say any potential bean sticking - Boo hoo for me :-( Anyhoo lets see.

Totally know what you mean about the clinics they are nice in my place to a point but still they are very clinical and cold and when I have asked questions that they didn't appreciate they looked at me like I had ten heads but you know what they are providing us wiht a service we are paying them and they owe us the best possible care - we should not have to ask to be treated with respect we should just get it. I hope they are able to work with you so you don't have to miss out on a cycle.

TTC hope all is well catch up with you next week.

I am such an idiot Irish! Laying in bed last night the thought popped into my head about it possibly meaning you are pregnant, not that you are ovulating. I have ovulation on the brain right now and I could not get past that yesterday to realize what it really could mean. But you say you got a negative after that? Your body is really trying to confuse you right now!! I would see if your clinic would do a blood test just for ease of mind. I don't know. Let us know what they say when you talk to them! So sorry you are on this emotional rollar coaster with not knowing what is going on with your cycles and stuff!!

Well I got my positive OPK this morning which means no trigger shot for me. They scheduled me for the IUI tomorrow afternoon at 3:30. I was able to work my schedule out with work and I can make it for the 3:30 appointment. Thank goodness!!! This month has got to work. I have to fly to Connecticut last week of March for work. If the IUI does not work I calculated about when next month I would be ovulating and it is when I will be gone. But if they do the IVF I don't know if that throws off the timing of things. I know I am getting ahead of myself and I have to focus on the IUI right now and stay positive that it works! But I can't help but think ahead!

So when is your testing date TTC? Any potential symptoms? Too soon? I'm sure you don't want to think too much into every twinge. I try not to but it is always in the back of my mind!

Ok, take care ladies. I will not be back on here till next week. I am working out of the office tomorrow then the IUI tomorrow afternoon then this weekend is a busy family weekend. We are having family over for my mom, dad and husbands birthday dinner. Lots of house cleaning to do then cooking then entertaining.

Lots of hugs and baby dust!...

Im 38 ttc for 3 years just trying to keep hold of that sticky bean, lucky enough to already have 3 children, 16,13 and 9 but trying for number 4 with my gorgeous hubby, anyone looking for a buddy I could do with all the encouragement possible right now I'm on CD18 just ov'd :) x

Hi ladies. I hope everyone had a lovely weekend!

Hi nygirl. I love hearing what others are going through as well so it is nice to have you join us. Sounds like you are in the 2WW right now. Good luck!!

Irish and TTC how are things going?!...

So I am officially in the 2WW. My DH is out of town all week on a business trip so it gives me plenty of time to sit and wonder what is going on inside my body if anything. I know it is way soon but I am just waiting on the slightest little sign. My doctor told me that I have to think of the IUI as a 2-3 time process so for me to not get my hopes up too much. I didn't like it when she said that at all. But she has to be realistic I know. She had agreed to try IUI once and then go stright to IVF if it did not work because of the max amount insurance will pay will go quick. I will be reminding her of that if the IUI was not successful. But I don't want to get too ahead of myself.

Well I hope everyone is doing well. Lots of hugs and baby dust to everyone.

Howdi girls,
Well just back from Poland been a hetic week and I am off to London for a Hen on Friday so like a whirlwind feel like I am permenantly in an airport :)

NY thrilled to have you on board best of luck with the 2WW you will have to keep us posted.

Bann I know it is hard but hang in there this might be your month and I know they say not to get your hopes up but it is nice to think that you are in with a good a chance as anyone so all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

TTC dying to know how you got on so drop in and keep us posted I hope all is well.

For me it has been a total nightmare of a cycle that is still not finished I got my peak as I said again on CD25 and I am now CD31 and still no periods and no BFP so think it was just a weird hormone thing as soon as I get my AF I am off to get another hormone profile done which will mean getting my FS levels checked which I am so scared of but has to be done. I really hoped that I would be starting my injections next week but that is now looking unlikely will just have to wait and see. It is a bit of a bummer though as my OH is goign to America on the 21st so I have a bad feeling that this is going to put me out for this month unless we opt for IUI and they can freeze a sample for him. Anyhoo a lot still up in the air and to be honest I am loosing my patience fast. At the end of the day that is the worst of it you can't skip to the next part you just have to wait for your body to oblige you and mine keeps quitting on me. Fingers crossed for me that my af will show up sooner rather than later so I can get these injections behind me.

Guys have all my fingers and toes crossed for yee hope have excellent news over the next 2wks. xx

hi EVERYONE !!

have to let ya know if I didnt already that I have been trying to limit my self on the computer. Hubby was complaining that is all I do is sit on the computer when I get home from work, so for the last few weeks I have been staying off of it. As I said I already sit on a computer all day at work and really need a break once I get home.

anyway...

So Bann how the heck is the 2ww going? got any symptoms ? gosh I have my fingers crossed for ya !!!

Irish... gosh where the heck is AF when ya need her, always showing when you dont want her now when ya do, she takes her good old time huh? so frustrating. I would be planning ahead like you too though, so make sure just in case, you get your hubbys guys frozen incase. Now were you hoping for an IVF and may switch to IUI if need be?

as for me AF showed up right on time on Monday :( real bummer cause this was my first month I really thought we had a good chance. It actually hit me really hard and I have been quite depressed this week so far.

so I went up to my FS today, to talk about last months cycle, he was happy with the way I responded to the injections and wants me to continue BUT if I do EVERYTHING is out of pocket for me going foward. Last month the way it worked is IUI was not officially "in my plan" meaning they coded it that I was just being monitored and last minuite I then switched to IUI cause everything looked good and all I had to pay out of pocket was $550 ($250 for a cycle fee and $300 for the IUI itself) the $1500 in blood work and ultrasounds was covered because it was all done before my IUI. BUT Since I had an IUI now my insurance considers anything I do after it (ultrasounds/bloodwork) to be "testing on top of my fertility treatments", and they will only cover "testing to diagnosis infertility".

So if we do the injectables this month with IUI I have to have the blood work and ultrasounds for the whole week, so my total will be over $2K. Hubby and I talked about it and we are just going to save that $$ to go towards the IVF, but I talked my FS into letting me do just an IUI once I detech my surge myself. He was not happy about it, but he did agree to it. Says without injections he feels it only boosts my chances up 3%, but he agree to let me detech my surge at home, come in the next day for an ultrasound and blood work to verify my surge then the following day do an IUI. That all should run me close to $600. Which is fine. I just hope I can do the timing right, I wish he would just let me catch my surge, and do the IUI the very next day, instead he wants me to do the ultrasound the very next day then the following do the IUI. Oh I dont know, but it will still make me feel like I am at least doing "something" to help boost my chances ya know. So this month I am back to using my CBFM, And I can betcha I will be constantly peeing on the single use digital sticks trying to catch my surge as well, I think I will have to of those cheapy ones too huh?

I have a IVF consult with a new FS on March 25th, He is out of state, but is suppose to be a great FS. I will fly in for my consult and fly out the same day. And if we use him for IVF he is a 6 hour drive from my house. Hubby has agreed that we dont want to do it local as the sucess rates are not good around where we live, so if we are going to do it, it is fine to go out of state. Hoping it works the first month, as I dont know if hubby will want to be driving 12 hours round trip for these IVF appointments. I can do the monitoring locall for the IVF but for the procedures itself we obviously have to be there. So it wont be an easy road, I have the patience for it, but it may wear off real quick for hubby though. So my appointment is in 2 weeks, and I hope the FS will let me start my first IVF cycle in April, but I am thinking he wont let me start until May. But we shall see.......

So sorry to hear about your cycle nightmares Irish!! Gosh what an emotional rollarcoaster! I definitely have my fingers crossed for you that you see AF soon and can start your injections!

Awe TTC, I am so very sorry AF got you again!! And the dilemma you are in with the cost of everything and your doctor wanting to do an U/S between your peak and the IUI. Why in the world would he want to do the U/S inbetween those days? That just doesn't make sense to me. I know you are not doing the injections but are you taking clomid or anything? I really hope your visit on the 25th goes fabulous and you get the hopeful news that you deserve!! The FS I am going to offers interest free financing. I know it is funny to talk about financing treatment but maybe the FS you are checking out on the 25th offers something to help with spreading out the cost? Good luck with everyting!!

As far as I go, I have not had any symptoms. I have been symptom searching like crazy and I haven't had a darn thing. Still a little early. I am going to test on Wednesday of next week. I go in for a blood test next Friday if I have not got a positive on my own. If AF gets me soon I am going to do everything I can to move forward with the IVF next cycle. I have to go out of town for work at the end of the month for a week. I am worried about that getting in the way. I have been trying to look into IVF cycles and the timing of everything when it comes to IVF. Not getting consistant time frames, depends on what website I read. We shall see next week! I am so anxious and driving myself nuts!!

Well nice to hear from you ladies!! So sorry the news wasn't great but so glad to hear you guys are marching on and doing what you can to reach your goal!! Take care. Lots of hugs and baby dust!!...

TTC that is such a bummer but sounds like you have a plan and good for you on making the FS work for you and work to your wishes, the money is a nightmare I know it myself but you seem to be really in control and have a definite course of action which is brilliant.

Bann I hear you about work it is a total pain in the ass sometimes though there is nothing you can do about it I was that way this month but you know what you work around it as best you can. Hang in there you might still get your result you will have to keep us posted.

Guys as for me I am in a total spin - I was in London for a Hen only got back tonight don't know why but had a really funny feeling even though I had been testing and monitoring all along anyway to make a long story short I POAS threw it up on the toilet cistern and startd to unpack blah di blah came back in and there was a faint line (very faint but definately visible):bfp: . I am in a total spin don't know how this happened as I seemed to get two peaks at different times (which is apparantly impossible unless it is in a 36hr period when you can ovulate twice as you have two mature eggs).

Guys haven't said anything to my husband yet going to go and have my bloods done tomorrow and Wednesday and then I will say it to him if the numbers are encouraging. It is terrible that I can't even get excited given everything that happened to me the last time.

I was bursting to tell yee and will keep you posted fingers crossed for me will catch up with yee during the week.:flower:

IRISH... so happy I logged on this AM... !!! what it the world! a BFP, gosh I hope that line gets darker... and hey I have heard that people can "O" twice in one month, right... certainly not unheard of at all... and perhaps you caught that little egg!! wow how wonderful.... please keep us posted.

Bann wondering if you gave in and tested early? or if ya still planning on waiting til Wed...

will check the boards later today to see how you girls are coming along... fingers crossed..

Guys went for bloods this morning will have the results on Wednesday have bloods again Wednesday and friday I attached my test from this morning 12DPO today. I am sick I am so nervous still haven't told my AF thinking I will not say anything until I get my results - what do yee think?

Attachments

• Pregnancy test.jpg
    Pregnancy test.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 0
wow Irish, that definately looks like a BFP to me !!!

soooo about not telling OH... why are ya thinking not to ? are you concerned if it is not, that hubby will be crushed, or will he be worried about you being crushed ? I can tell ya that I am very upset about all that is going on with my TTC journey, and I try to keep my sadness away from my hubby a lot cause I dont want him to think it is too much for me to handle. Is that your lines of thinking ? Cause I know I want to keep trying and trying everything I can, but I feel if hubby thinks I cant take it emotionally he will want to put a stop to everything.

ttc that is exactly it the last time he was so upset and pissed off that I had told everyone and he really felt I couldn't cope with the disappointment so don't know feel like going total opposite direction this time and telling no one I know I will have to say it to him but he works best when the doctor has given evidence that I am actually pregnant he knows that I test very early. I will probably end up saying it to him tonight but just really betwixed and between about it. I am afraid to believe it myself tks for getting back to me appreciate it!

I soooo see your point, Lets just hope that this is "it" and your numbers are good and it really really is a BFP and stays that way. But on the chance that it is not, just make sure you say to him that if this is not the real thing you will be ok (so he knows that you can cope) I really dont know if that is the best advice, but I can tell you that is how I have to "play the game" unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->