Anyone over 35 want a buddy?

Calm before the storm is about right. We are all waiting to ovulate. 2WW is coming soon!!

I'm the same! Right before ovulation - feeling happy and positive today. I wonder if we get lots of "feel good" hormones around ovulation as I can predict I will be going crazy in just a few days time once the 2WW has started and won't be feeling these same feelings!

I'm happy to report that I think I'm getting the hang of the softcups as it didn't feel uncomfortable this morning using it after we DTD. I have to say, I can definitely recommend taking some time off work if possible around O time - having a good long sleep last night then a leisurely start this morning before DTD was great. Also, I had a big smile on my face all afternoon at work!!!! :happydance:

Well I wiish I took some time off! I am tired. I think I OVd yesterday . I'm waiting for FF to confirm. How is everyone? What do u think about this month? PMA high?!

Hi everyone

I'm in a great mood tonight, just got positive OPK and my OH got his test results today from the SA and everything has come back within the normal range. So I'm definitely full of PMA and feel like this is a really good omen for us for this month! :happydance:

He's due home any minute now and I'm planning to jump on him as soon as he gets in!

Let's keep that positive spirit coming in! lots of baby dust too!

Ah thats good news leeze :happydance: one less thing to worry about.

I'm afraid I'm not full of PMA though girls, as I'm not sure if I have already Ov'd or not and well if I have I might have missed out on my most fertile days this month :dohh: On Sunday night I started the poas routine and got a double line result and couldn't tell for sure if it was a positive, it may have been slightly fainter but not sure. Anyway OH was too tired to :sex: then we were both busy the next day. So Monday night poas and it was a faint line and last night even fainter. So I feel like I didn't get a definate positive but that its also possible that I already Ov'd on the Monday perhaps :wacko: Anyway if thats the case then its too late to do anything about it now but I can't remember when we last :sex:, think it might have been Thursday night, so we might be in with a long shot but can't be sure. I have been so disorganised this month :dohh: Anyway I going to keep on testing just in case OV hasn't happened yet :winkwink: and we'll just have to see what happens. On the plus side, if I'm still testing for OV the 2ww might pass quicker :happydance:

It's so difficult sometimes prioritising :sex: isn't it? My OH and I now plan a couple of weeks in advance and try to make sure we've got nothing else planned for the 5 days or so just before and on ovulation but sometimes we're just too tired or things come up that we can't get out of. I thought I was going to O yesterday which is why we took Tuesday morning off for :sex: but actually I got a much stronger positive today on the POAS (I got smiley face yesterday on clear blue one). My OH is out late at a work function tonight and I've made him promise me he won't drink too much and will have some energy for a quickie when he gets in tonight!

But, chysantheMum, try not to worry too much - if you BD'd on Thursday then you still would be in with a chance if you O'd on Monday. The little swimmers can stay alive for up for a week if the conditions are right, and easily for 4 days. I read last week on another of the threads someone saying she'd BD'd 5 days before O and got a BFP.

Almost at the start of the 2WW. I hate this bit the most but am trying really hard to stay positive. xx

I'm assuming that I am about 4 days into the 2ww but who knows :wacko: that is reassuring about that woman getting a :bfp: with 5 day old :spermy:
I couldn't decide which I would prefer though, because for a split second I thought we had no chance of conceiving this month and I actually felt relieved at the idea of having a month off of the stress of the 2ww :shrug: The idea of having to go through all the tension and anxiety when I feel that we didn't even give it a good shot is a little frustrating :nope: Regarding :sex: my OH made it clear he didn't want to know when I was ovulating and didn't want to have a routine or schedule of BD'ing because he felt under too much pressure to perform, hence why we're not very organised :dohh: He didn't cope too well with the :sex: on command kind of approach. Ah well, I'm sure we'll get there in the end :thumbup: I just had a reading off a psychic (I know its probably meaningless :winkwink:) and she said I'd conceive this January :happydance:
Sounds like you've definatley got it covered though Leeze even if you don't manage another :sex: tonight, so fingers x'd for the :bfp:

Hi ladies. I am in the same situation as chysantheMUM. My husband and I are on different work schedules. We are both tired after he gets home. And we have been arguing all week because he says he is feeling too much pressure. We have managed to BD 3 times this week. But I had 2 different crazy moments this week and completely broke down because my husband said he was too tired and I so don't want to miss the right moment. I feel like he just does not understand that small window of time and that is why I plan out when we are to BD to give us the best possible chance. :sad1:

Per the ovulation calendar I was suppose to ovulate today. I used the OPK all week and Tuesday morning I had a somewhat faint line. It was lighter than the test line but not by much. Yesterday and today there has been nothing. So I don't know if I OV'd already? This is my first time using OPK and I bought the cheap ones on-line. I might invest in better ones next month if needed. The fact that I am doing that is also stressing out my husband though.

I am holding on to hope. Trying not to stress out too much. Let the 2WW begin!

I have positive thoughts for you guys! :happydance:

Hi ladies

ChysantheMUM - I know what you mean about wanting to have a break from the stresses of it all. It's funny, because I had that for a month back in May when I didn't get a positive OPK that month at all - and that was the month I got the BFP (before I had a m/c) - I think that was partly because I wasn't stressing or obsessing about it! I was only testing first thing in the morning that month and have since read that the LH surge apparently goes up during the day so it's best not to test in the morning, also that it can last less than 24 hours so it's good to test twice a day just in case.

This month I've been testing each morning and early evening - and saying that the day that I got the positive on the cheap internet tests was actually in the morning, the day before that I got a faint positive in the evening but I also did one of the clear blue tests in the evening and got a smiley face which shows it's positive. So I wonder if when you get a faint line it means maybe it's 36 hours away from O, and when it's a darker line it's when you're much closer to O. So, Bann1126 - I would guess the fact that you got a faint line would mean that you were not far off from ovulating. Were you testing twice a day, or just once a day?

Anyone got any tips from improving implantation? I've read somewhere that pineapple juice is meant to help, I think I'm going to go do some more research and see if I can come up with anything else! xx :hugs:

hi there...i am new here too...looking for some buddies

hi!
My info
I'm 40 and TTC for 2 months!!
I'm CD19 so in the 2ww
Using Robitussin and CBFM, PREnatals!!
These are US values
DAY 3 TESTS....FSH level 8 LH 5.1 Estridol 51 Prolactin 8
DAY 21 TEST ...Progestron 15.7

My guys "guys" no clue...havent gotten to that yet

Id love some buddies

Wecome ttc1st_at_40! Sounds like you are really on top of things!

Leeze, I used OPK once a day. If need be I will invest in them more next month and try them twice a day. I used the cheap internet ones. I am trying not to obsess too much. But that is hard for me to do!! I have not even thought about reading up on how to help with implantation until you mentioned it. Did some internet searching yesterday but did not come across too much. I read eating pineapple core or drinking the juice of it helps. But other than that I did not get much out of my search.

How is everybody doing during the 2WW? Staying busy and keeping your mind off of it? I am doing ok right now. AF is due October 30th so the week before that is when I will be driving myself crazy!

I am 6 dpo and making up all kind of sympthoms in my head... oh was that a tug in my belly, perhaps thats an early preg sign..... oh I have gas (sorry tmi) oh maybe thats a preg sign... its really awful being in the 2ww zone...I drive myself crazy!! then if your AF comes you have to wait 2 more weeks before you can try again... gosh what women have to go through !! haha

Wecome ttc1st_at_40! Sounds like you are really on top of things!

Leeze, I used OPK once a day. If need be I will invest in them more next month and try them twice a day. I used the cheap internet ones. I am trying not to obsess too much. But that is hard for me to do!! I have not even thought about reading up on how to help with implantation until you mentioned it. Did some internet searching yesterday but did not come across too much. I read eating pineapple core or drinking the juice of it helps. But other than that I did not get much out of my search.

How is everybody doing during the 2WW? Staying busy and keeping your mind off of it? I am doing ok right now. AF is due October 30th so the week before that is when I will be driving myself crazy!

I'd say definitely worth doing them twice a day - it made a big difference to me this month and you can see more clearly when O is coming!

I'm trying to stay positive! AF is due 28th Oct so I'll be joining you in being crazy the week before! I'd like to say I'm keeping my mind of it but that would be a lie! This forum is really helping though as a lot of the time during the day I'm focusing on work then I can have a great outlet for my obsessing by coming on here and sharing! I keep hearing of more people becoming pregnant and I'm trying to stay with a positive mind about that and about how it's good because it shows that lots of people can get pregnant - but there's always that bit of jealousy and sadness too! One good thing about being in the 2WW is that I know there's nothing more I can do for the next couple of weeks!! xx

I am 6 dpo and making up all kind of sympthoms in my head... oh was that a tug in my belly, perhaps thats an early preg sign..... oh I have gas (sorry tmi) oh maybe thats a preg sign... its really awful being in the 2ww zone...I drive myself crazy!! then if your AF comes you have to wait 2 more weeks before you can try again... gosh what women have to go through !! haha

Welcome tt1st-at-40

I tend to do crazy symptom spotting too but normally from about 8-9dpo as I think that's meant to be when implantation takes place - I think it's possible to implant at about 7dpo but I think it's unlikely you'd get any really noticeable signs. But isn't it funny how you notice all of these things, I wonder if we weren't TTC whether we wouldn't notice any of this at all!! Fingers crossed for us all - let's hope we've got some of those lovely BFPs coming along soon xx

I am officially 3 DPO, according to FF! I think we got BD covered pretty well this go around.

Hi ladies. I am driving myself CRAZY today!! :wacko: I am reading every website, calculating projected due date, next date AF is due, etc. Even though I already know all of this info I am still on every website I can find. I don't have a single sign or symptom and I know it is too soon. Ugh! Why do I do this to myself???!!!

How is everyone else doing? Staying calm and positive? Or driving yourself insane like me? If you are staying calm please tell me your secret. :help:

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi ladies. I am driving myself CRAZY today!! :wacko: I am reading every website, calculating projected due date, next date AF is due, etc. Even though I already know all of this info I am still on every website I can find. I don't have a single sign or symptom and I know it is too soon. Ugh! Why do I do this to myself???!!!

How is everyone else doing? Staying calm and positive? Or driving yourself insane like me? If you are staying calm please tell me your secret. :help:

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi there

I can so relate to this - and am laughing out loud :haha: with how much you remind me of me the last few months. I've read so many books, articles, websites - I feel like I'm an expert in the subject! If only I had been so motivated at school or college then I might have become a Doctor and been rich now!!!

I wouldn't go so far as to say that I'm calm, but I'm much calmer this month (so far...it's early days yet). I think partly because I feel like we did a lot more this month - pre-seed, softcups, maca tablets - and also we DTD quite a lot in the days around O. I'm not sure if there might also be something in the maca tablets to help you feel calmer, I think it says they help reduce stress. But also I find writing on here really helps me - to know that I'm not alone and I've got you all to help me through this and share the experience with.

Saying all that I think you might well find in a couple of days I'm back to the serious obsessing again. Especially if I get any symptoms!!! :hugs:

Well I'm feeling pretty calm :) just not feeling very positive ;) I am moreorless convinced that this is not going to be my month. Probably because I feel like we didn't really try very hard this month. Also I'm not completely convinced that I know when I ov'd and because the timing of my periods has been all over the place the past few months, I don't even know when my AF is due. It could be anytime between this friday and the next. Anyway, I don't feel pregnant and I actually feel like I am just patiently waiting for the next shot at it and thats why I'm so calm. :)

Btw Hi ttc1st-at-40, good to have you on board :) regarding the gassy symptoms, since I have been ttc I have noticed that every 2ww I'm the same and every time I think hopefully ' maybe thats a pregnancy symptom'. Not this month though, I'm not falling for that again ;) just convinced I'm naturally windy now and that I never paid enough attention to realize before. Thats the problem with ttc, it makes you analyze your bodily functions way too much

ha ha - ChysantheMum you made me laugh out loud then! :haha: I think you're so right though, would we have even noticed our "symptoms" if we weren't TTC? And when would we normally be happy about being windy or want to tell others about it! How great that we've got this forum to share such things with others who understand!!

I've had a bit of a strange taste in my mouth this morning but did have a bit of a garlic-fest last night so that might be it. But also I've had some noticeable creamy CM (again, where would I share this if I didn't have you guys?) so I'm hoping this is a good sign. Funny that before TTC if I noticed this I might be worried I was going to get a yeast infection. Now, I'm like, "Wahay, bring on the creamy CM". :happydance:

And, after saying how calm I was yesterday I can definitely report that I am not calm today. I've been totally obsessing again today and feeling quite anxious. I just want the next week to hurry up now!!! :hugs:

LOL!!! :laugh2: You guys are great! :friends:

I have my fingers crossed for you Leeze! When are you going to start testing? Do you wait till AF is due? I go through so many tests each month! Please don't let my craziness rub off on you! LOL.

CysantheMUM, even though you say you don't feel positive, it sounds like you are being very positive by staying calm and looking forward to next month and trying again. I was on a website yesterday that you had to enter your last 3 cycles and it calculated your ovulation week based off the last 3 months. Maybe that would better help you pin-point your OV week since your cycle has not been regular? I can search again and find the website if you are interested. I have been second guessing when I should have OV'd this month so I have been on every ovulation calculator website I can find.

Thanks again for the laugh. That was a nice pick-me-up! I think I will shut down and stay off the internet for the night.

:hugs: :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->