Anyone over 35 want a buddy?

Honestly...and you are going to hate hearing this...the only thing I did differently is let go of the stress. I conceived during our vacation. It was just the two of us - no kids. I temp too and I think that helps a great deal. I didn't take anything extra or drink anything special. I'm sorry I couldn't be more help.

I hope to see you in the 1st Tri soon. I'll be checking on you!

Hi everyone :flower:

Treykids - It's funny you say that, I've heard of lots of people who once they lose the stress somehow they get the BFP! So easy to say though, isn't it? Not so easy to do!! Maybe if we could take a week's holiday every month it would help!! :haha:

When I got my BFP in June (sadly had a m/c at 5.5 weeks) it was a month that I didn't get a positive O when doing OPKs so I'd thought there was no chance of getting BFP and so didn't obsess about it during the 2WW. I even got IB and assumed it was AF coming early. It was only when the bleeding stopped after a couple of hours and hadn't come back 2 days later that I even thought about testing.

I'm hoping the Maca will help with my stress levels as since I've been taking it I've generally felt more positive and less stressed. I've also had a good chat with my manager at work this week (she's really supportive and has got a couple of young children herself) about making my job less stressful and hopefully by making a few changes this will also help.

I am also feeling even more determined now (if this was possible!). My OH and I are planning to try to :sex: every 2 days right through the month this month. I read on another of these threads that apparently a lot of women ovulate twice each month (I think about 30%) so I reckon it can't hurt to be doubly sure to try to catch that egg! We'll probably try to BD every day for the 3 peak days too just in case!

Definitely keep in touch, Treykids - and let us know how you're getting on! Hopefully we'll see you soon in the pregnancy section too! xx

Hey leeze,cysantheMUM and ban1126 !!!

and super congrats to you Trey ...your a true inspiration!!!

So the cycle is clicking along slowly… but gosh when it comes time to start peeing on that darn CBFM stick I start getting exicted for my new month…

… my CBFM still on lows…will prob switch to high here in the next few days… I feel super “vitamin’d up” this month since I started on the Flax Seed before AF got here, then switched over to Evening Primrose Oil CD1 this month.

Had a nice talk with the hubby, told him about the stuff (Conceive Plus) we are going to try this month… he was like “UMMM okay what EVER you say Darling” and told him we are on a mission this week coming up…so save up on his energy and again his response “UMMM okay what EVER you say Darling”

I just signed up for FF end of last cycle and took all my data I had in my notes about my cycle from June and plugged it in and then took a look back at my charts, and it seems that I have been really hitting the day before O and my first peak…but have never hit my 2nd peak day… sooo this will be the first month I am going to demand 3 days in a row as soon as I hit my peak…

Then when I go into the TWW period this month I will be super confident I did everything I could… last couple months… I was like ummm “I think” we had a good go at it this month… but this month my plan is different I want to go into my 1DPO with confidence… Whos with me girls Leeze, CysantheMUM, ban1126…. Lets give ourselves our own little extra special Christmas Present this month… what a delight it would be for that to be a little stick bean huh!!!! Tons of Baby dust to all you girls… and me too haha

Sorry for the long post… hope you girls read it… I am so reevvvved up this month !!!

Wahay - I'm with you TTC1st_at_40!

You sound very determined this month, I'm also feeling a lot of that. Have felt pretty crappy the last couple of days but now that AF has almost gone I'm ready for this month's onslaught!!!

We're going to do the sperm meets egg plan this month! I've also started taking EPO, flaxseed, lots of grapefruit juice and all the stuff from last month too - maca, pre-seed and softcups. I ordered a metal water bottle online today too because I read somewhere that drinking from plastic bottles is bad for you - so I'm on this now too as I've always got a plastic water bottle with me and drink from it all the time. I've also ordered some guaifenesin tablets today because I'd bought the cough medicine with it in but also realised it's got alcohol in it and would rather have a purer version (and not have any of my colleagues thinking I stink of alcohol in the morning!!)

I'm hoping my CBFM arrives soon too so I can use it this month. :happydance:

Like you, TTC1st - I want to make sure we've done everything we can. I really really want a BFP before Xmas because that will be 12 months since we started TTC. xxx

Hi All, totally new to this thread hope you don't mind me joining in - I am nearly 37 with one girl almost 3yrs had MC in Nov been trying since with no luck was on the clomid but probably a bit too long as it played havoc with the lining of my womb and my CM. The CBFM is brilliant but alas I have moved on the fertility clinic had my first round of injectables this cycle with the Ovidrel trigger I am now 6DPO & on the dreaded 2WW been reading your posts and yee are all so positive which is what I really need right now as this who TTC thing is so exhausting I try to stay positive but then I don't want to get my hopes up sometimes I feel like I could tear my hair out LOL. Anyhoo loads of baby dust to you all and lets hope this is my month!

on Irish9yo... good luck to you.. your first fertility visit ? awesome !!

yep I am nice an positive this month !! I am determined to stay on my mission this month and get us a nice sticky buddy !!

Thanks appreciate it, took HPT this morning was negative so the Ovidrel is definately out of my system so just have to wait now and see hopefully I will get the BFP before the aul Hag shows up :)) Best of luck for your cycle will keep yee posted should know by the 13th the latest

Hi and welcome Irish9yo hope you get lucky this month. You're right it is sooo difficult to keep positive when TTC for so long but as treykid has proven its more likely to happen when you let the stress go. Easier said than done I know but I think that is going to be my focus this month :)

I am actually starting to feel as though I'm back to normal self again today, after the monthly PMT / menstrual onslaught that happens to me before and during menstruation, when I just feel so crappy, physically and mentally. I realised that my menstrual symptoms have increased since TTC so perhaps they are worsened by stress. Anyway with a clearer head today, I have decided NO MORE, I'm not going through another period, I've had enough and that last crappy menstrual headache was my last (at least for the next 9 months ;) ) I AM going to make this happen this month!!!

There hows that for PMA, I think I've got some of my determination back, last month I just wasn't trying hard enough because I'd become weary of the whole process but I think I'm mentally back in the game now :) Just need to get on with the BD'ing.

Interestingly I was doing some reading over the weekend and came to the conclusion that I perhaps have not been doing the best thing for me position wise (sorry TMI), because I have a retroverted uterus, so apparently I need to be positioning myself differently during and after to help the wrigglers stay in, so it'll be interesting to see if that makes a difference!

Hi everyone.

First of all, congrats treykid!! I am so excited you got a BFP!! :happydance:

Welcome Irish9yo! It is so nice to hear everyones stories and know that there are so many others going through the same thing. It helps to encourage each other as I have had a hard time staying positive on my own. :flower:

Now that you mention reading up on positions chysantheMUM, I think I will read up on that as well. And I don't think there is such a thing as TMI between us ladies. So please share any tips that you come across.

So I ordered preseed and some more internet cheapie OPK's. I am trying to keep things more relaxed and casual this month and take some of the pressure off my husband. He said that if this month does not work then we will invest in a fertility monitor. I am taking off work next Monday. I could not get off on what is projected to be my peak day. My husband recently took a new job and does not get home till 10 at night. So he took a 1/2 day off on my peak day so he can get home earlier and will not be too tired to BD.

Last Friday I was offered a promotion at work and I took it. It was too good to pass up. We are going to continue to try, just going to stay more relaxed about it. Because of my new position if it doesn't happen for a few more months that will not be a bad thing.

Honestly I am hoping the reverse psychology thing works. I keep telling myself I am going to stay relaxed about it and if it happens it happens. But deep down I want it to happen NOW! LOL. If anything, I need to appear relaxed about it for my husbands sake. So he does not feel the pressure and it affect our BD'ing time.

Nice to hear everyone is staying positive and all the things you guys are trying. I can't wait to find out how it all works out for you!

Chat again soon!...

:dust::dust::dust:

Hi everyone and welcome to Irish! :hi:

This is a really quick one from me as I'm just home and it's 10pm here - and I'm trying so hard to stick to 8 hours sleep at the mo!

Fingers crossed for you Irish, sounds like it could be quite stressful

ChysantheMUM - have you tried maca tablets? I got them last month and they've really helped my mood all month and I didn't have any PMS this month and very little AF cramps. Normally I'm pretty bad for 1-2 days before AF with my emotions everywhere and also pretty bad cramps for 1-2 days when AF comes. I think it's from the maca as I only started taking it last month.

Bann1126 - I'm going to try hard to stay relaxed but find it so difficult!!! I'm hoping that by planning a 3-month detox in the new year for my OH and myself that this will help spur us on the next couple of months so we don't have to do it!! xx

Thanks Guys for all your words of welcome it is lovely, well took a HPT this moring and a BFN but I know it is probably too early yet - fingers crossed. Hope not giving TMI but best position is apparantly the missionary position and to keep your bum and legs elevated after BD to allow the swimmers to pool at the cervix you can do this by putting a cushion under your bum afterwards :) Baby dust to all!

I'll have to try the cushion under my bum thing this month! Thanks!...

I am feeling so crazy today ladies! Yesterday I was calm, chatting about how I am going to stay relaxed about everything this month. Yeah right! Today I have been all over the internet reading everything I can find about tips on getting pregnant. I can't focus on work. Ugh! What is wrong with me? My emotions are all over the place. I don't want to stress myself out but I can't get my mind on anything else. You know how they say teenage boys (and I'm sure many adult men) think about sex every minute of the day. Well that is how I am about getting pregnant. :wacko:

So what are the maca tablets you speak of Leeze? I need to try those! Maybe that would help? Can you start taking them at any time and how much do you take per day? I have got to look into those if you feel they have helped you.

Sorry for the ******* post. It is just one of those days that I am having a hard time controlling my emotions. Thanks for listening.

Hope you ladies are keeping your composure (unlike me LOL) and keeping that positive energy up! :flower:

:hi:Hi everyone

Irish - I try to keep my legs in the air after DTD but can be a bit of a balancing act! Sometimes I use the wall to lean on or even my OH can be persuaded to let me lean on him! Also, I started using softcups last month to try to keep the little swimmers in! :spermy:

Bann - I know what you mean about feeling ok one day and then being obsessed the next day! I've done that for months, but have really found the maca to help the last month or so. They're meant to help fertility, mood/concentration and to reduce stress. I definitely feel I've been more focused on work and less stressed this last month, and hardly any PMS! You can start taking them at any time of the month but stop taking once you get BFP. Also they can have slight stimulant effect so should be taken at breakfast or lunchtime and it's best to build up gradually. I started taking 2 x 500mg tablets and am now up to 5. Also you're meant to get the organic sort, and it was recommended to me to get capsules not powder as they don't taste great and to get gelatinised ones so you can digest them better.

See this link for a bit of background to maca that I think is quite interesting!

https://natural-fertility-info.com/maca

This is the brand I use, they're from a UK website though so you'd probably be better to find a US stockist:

Sentia Organic Gelantinized Maca Capsules - 100 x 500mg
Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is a tuber-root, shaped like a radish, that is highly valued both as a food supplement and as a natural medicine. Maca helps... £7.49

xx

Bann1126 I know it is not for everyone but I started acupuncutre I used to do it for my back and found it great with all the reading I have done on the internet about fertility most of the info points to it being very benifical. I knwo what you mean about trying to contain the worry and stress which is why I started to think about the things I can control and this was one of them. I found a great practicioner who specilises in fertility I had very specific problems such as thin uterin lining and poor ovulation the acupuncture helps to redirect the chi so that everything is flowing as it should and there are no blockages it has already helped with my thin lining (in conjuction with the injectibles). A big part of Chinese medicine and fertility centres around the kidneys and how they function it is worth doing some reading on it - can really affect your fertililty. She recommended that I should not get cold to stay warm especially around the stomach area I have been using a hot water bottle up to the day that I ovulate (stopping of course on that day). I find it really helps with the stress too. Sorry for the long post but I have been trying for so long now I have tried everything. Very crampy today 8DPO so could be the aul hag but I am holdign out - fingers crossed!!!

LOL Leeze. I'm picturing myself trying to do a blanacing act. I am not too coordinated so that is why it is funny to me. Thanks for all the info on maca. I am going to read up more on it.

Irish9yo - you are not the first person that has mentioned acupuncture to me. I looked at a couple of facilites around me and have targeted one. If this month does not work I am going to talk to my husband about trying that next month. It can get expensive and insurance does not cover it so I am really going to have to do my homework and get my husband on board.

I am doing much better today. Thank goodness! I was really feeling crazy yesterday!

I hope everyone has had a great day. It is cold and rainy in my area. Makes me want to crawl up on the couch and watch a good movie. Positive thoughts out to you ladies!

:dust:

:haha: yes, balancing act is the right description! Gone are the days of lying tenderly in each others arms!! Now it's like, stick a cushion underneath, grab the softcups, and find the first thing to lean on! :blush:

Irish - i've been thinking about trying acupuncture too but it is quite expensive, isn't it? Are you and your OH both doing it or just you? I'm thinking if I haven't got my BFP by the New Year then this will definitely be added to my list of things to do - along with the serious detox and fitness regime!!

btw, Irish - crampy at 8dpo sounds promising!! Keep us posted and fingers crossed for you x

Howdi, just had a session today I am not covered under insurance but in Ireland it works out at €40/session, my hubbies swimmers are fine & according to the RE nothing to worry ourselves about anyway he would not be able to get his head around voluntarily lettign someone stick him with sharp needles :). It is mad though I was like a pressure cooker today really tense when I went in and she looked at my tounge (I KNOW :)) and said OMG you are about to blow that I had a lot of bad energy built up that had no way to escape apparantly that is very bad for your internal organs & fertility in general. I do feel tired after the session but definately calmer. I am a serial POASer hoping that I will get good news this month but the RE said it is a process and that obivously it may not work. The only thing about acupuncture is that it is not a one session fix normally takes a few and then maintenence visits as I had a MC in Nov if I fall preggers she advised me to do 12wks - if (fingers crossed) this happens then I am going to try to negociate a fixed price for the 12wks as you say it gets very expensive along with the fertility treatments we will be living in a caravan soon :) Baby dust to you all will touch base tomorrow I am sure it will still be too early for any potential BFP but I hear the tests callign to me!!!!

Irish9yo, did you test this morning???? I am terrible at holding out till right around when AF is due. I am excited and nervous for you! Lots of hugs!...

I am anxiously waiting for BD'ing time. I denied my husband last night. It would have been a waste. I didn't tell him that. :haha: I have not said anything to him about when we need to make sure we get it in, etc. Last month I kept on and on about when we HAD to BD and it was just not the right thing to do. I am going to try and be more subtle about it this time. Just a couple more days and then we can start. I think I can hold him off without him realizing why. What we have to do. :wacko:

Take care everyone. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->