Anyone over 35 want a buddy?

Ha ha sorry about that guys, I kinda lowered the tone a bit there ;)
Anyway the reason I'm so unsure about the dates at the moment is because I had a dark line (just not dark enough) at day 14 so assumed that I may have ov'd then, which was fine because we managed to DTD once during that potential fertile time. But I kept testing OV just in case and it was blank everyday. That was until day 19 when I didn't test because I just forgot because I went out with friends and didn't get home till 3am. The next day (despite the fact I only had a couple of drinks the previous night) I woke up feeling really rough with a bad headache, so I didn't test OV that day because due to feeing crappy it never occured to me, then the day after I just forgot. Anyway it then occured to me that my mystery headache could in fact be an OV headache (I don't get it every cycle but it is common for me) so I tested and sure enough I had a faint line. So I now think that I missed my fertile period completely because it looks like I may have OV'd on day 20 and we hadn't BD'd on any of the fertile days surrounding it :( However, as my OH says theres nothing we can do about it now and on the bright side I can just chill out till next cycle ;)
I OV'd on day 20 last cycle too which led to me having a late AF at 32 days (I've been between 26 - 29 days for years) so for some reason I seem to be having a longer cycle now than before.
So I'm sitting out the chaos this month, but I'm still going to be keeping an eye on you girls and I want to be seeing lots of BFP's over the next few days or so :) Good luck everyone

Hi everyone :thumbup:

ChysantheMUM - that sounds really confusing getting lines a few days apart on the OPK. Fingers crossed that the right one was the early one. Don't give up hope just yet. Saying that, sometimes I think it's been better for me to believe I'm not going to get a BFP because then it's less of a let down if it doesn't come. This month I'm trying to stay positive because I think we did pretty much everything we could this month, but I know I've also got to be prepared that it might take a while longer.

Bann1126 - before I joined this forum I used to wait until the day AF was due to test. But last month I started testing on 10dpo because I bought a whole load of internet cheapies. Also I had convinced myself I was pregnant last month and that it would definitely be positive so I was so sure it was ok to test early. Needless to say it was a BFN every day then AF came along right on schedule. This month I'm either going to test on Sunday (10dpo) or Monday (11dpo). I can't wait any longer. I'd test today if I didn't think it would definitely be negative!! When are you testing?

xx

Hi Leeze

I don't know if you're the same as me but I find that testing from about 10dpo, actually calms me down a bit, because if I didn't test, I would be just wondering (by which I mean completely over the top obsessing :blush:) all day long about what would happen if I did test. So it just seems to make sense to stock up on loads of IC's and test it every morning, so that I can start the day reasonably stress free. I know it doesn't stop the uncertainty when you get a :bfn: but it does seem to ease my anxieties a little. Somehow I don't think I'll feel the same urge to test this time round though :shrug:

How are you all getting on anyway, anyone feel they have any symptoms?
:dust:

Hi ladies. I have not experienced a single symptom. I have had a headache all week but it is allergy season for me and that is normal this time of year. I wish I could relate it to a pregnancy symptom!

I also was convinced I was pregnant last month! I mean totally convinced! I did not buy any IC's because I told myself I would not obsess about it and would wait till the day after AF was due. I ended up spending a ton of money at the drugstore. I went through 8-10 tests and all were negative of course. I would POAS first thing in the morning and also when I got home from work. I was really obsessed! :wacko: AF came right on time.

When I ordered IC OPK's I order 3 pregnancy tests also. And I have 1 left from last month. I am going to try and not obsess this time and wait till right before AF is due which is next Thursday, October 28th. I might start Monday morning and just try 1 each morning.

I plan on keeping myself busy this weekend and staying OFF the internet! So I hope you ladies have a wonderful and relaxing weekend!!! :hugs:

:dust: :dust:

Hi ladies

ChysantheMUM - I know what you mean actually. Somehow last month it made the blow a little bit lighter actually. I was convinced on 8-10dpo that I was pregnant and then when I tested on 11dpo and it was BFN it gave me a harsh reality check. But I think it would have been even harder if I'd kept really believing I was pregnant (although I even thought when I got the BFN that maybe it was still too early!!)

Bann1126 - I'm going to test Monday morning too. I know it's a bit early as my AF is due Thursday. But I CAN'T wait any longer!! It's now driving me crazy! :growlmad:

My OH and I are going to go out for the day - some galleries, theatre maybe -try to keep my mind off it (if that's possible!!)

Trying to keep the positive thoughts going but also prepare myself that it might be right back to the start again in a few days.

No more possible symptoms, really, but did feel a bit dizzy in the shops yesterday. Hadn't eaten for a few hours so might have been that but am really hoping it might have been a sign!!

Have a great weekend xxx

Hi
I"m trying to stay relaxed and not stress about testing. I am 9 DPO today and barely any symptoms (not that I HAVE to have any at this time). I hope you all are having a good weekend. Anyone test yet??

not tested yet, am trying to hold out! but think I will probably cave in tomorrow!! xx

I am so weak! I tested yesterday morning. BFN. Tested again this morning. Another BFN. :( AF is due Thursday. I am not giving up hope just yet. But I do want to go ahead and start preparing for the reality that we will more than likely be trying again next month.

I don't have a single symptom so I am not as disappointed as I was last month when I was just certain that I was pregnant. I am a little disappointed though. I talked to my husband last night about what we can do for him not to feel so pressured next month. I might do what you did Leeze and take a day off of work during that time. He had no suggestions.

What OPK's do you guys recommend? This month was my first time using them and I ordered the internet cheapies. I am definitely going to use them twice a day next time. What other recommendations do you have?

Hope all is well with everyone. Chat soon. :flower:

I am so weak! I tested yesterday morning. BFN. Tested again this morning. Another BFN. :( AF is due Thursday. I am not giving up hope just yet. But I do want to go ahead and start preparing for the reality that we will more than likely be trying again next month.

I don't have a single symptom so I am not as disappointed as I was last month when I was just certain that I was pregnant. I am a little disappointed though. I talked to my husband last night about what we can do for him not to feel so pressured next month. I might do what you did Leeze and take a day off of work during that time. He had no suggestions.

What OPK's do you guys recommend? This month was my first time using them and I ordered the internet cheapies. I am definitely going to use them twice a day next time. What other recommendations do you have?

Hope all is well with everyone. Chat soon. :flower:

Hi everyone

Bann1126 - I caved in too this morning and got a BFN too. Not feeling any "symptoms" any more really either - except a sore lower back but I got this last month too. I'm also preparing myself for the worst this month. I haven't given up all hope yet, that won't happen until AF comes. I will keep testing every day too because I've got a load of internet cheapies and I'm now obsessed. Also, somehow I think it helps to keep me a little bit more grounded. I didn't sleep very well last night as I was thinking so much about it all. It's really hard, sometimes, isn't it? :shrug:

If AF does get me then I'm going to try some more new stuff next month. I haven't tried evening primrose oil yet and that is meant to help with EWCM. I didn't have any noticeable EWCM last month so I'm going to do more research on how to help this along!

Up until last month I used the clear blue smiley OPKs - but last month I also used the internet cheapies and then when I got the first faint positive I confirmed it with the clear blue one.

Gonna dash now as my OH has just come in with a bottle of chocolate milk (no booze for me at the mo) - what a sweetie he is - and I haven't seen him since I tested this morning and then dumped it on him that it was BFN just as I went out the door!!

Bye for now :hugs:

Leeze,

this is a new month for me ... got AF on Saturday boo booo

but this is my 4th month TTC and this month I am adding in some things to help out my CM... Flax Seed Oil / EPO and also trying Conceive Plus...

so that is whats got me looking foward to next month and not looking back...

if I dont get any sucess this month.. I may try Soy Isoflavens... as I have been reading a lot about that on here... natural Clomid (so to speak)

Good luck to everyone though... hopefully that little witch poo is busy with all here halloween activities that she leaves you girls alone!!!

Sorry to hear about your BFN Leeze! Keep staying positive. Maybe it is too early and you will see that BFP soon!

So :witch: came this morning!! :growlmad: My cycles have consistantly been 30 days and this time it is 28 days. So who knows when I will ovulate next month. :shrug:

I am going to get Preseed and stock up on OPK's. I am going to look into all the other things you guys mentioned. I obviously have not been reading or researching the right things because I have not heard of any of the stuff you guys mentioned. I did not have noticable CM last month so maybe that was the problem? I don't know.

Let the countdown start for me again.

Postive thoughts out to all you ladies. :flower:

Chat soon.

:dust::dust:

Yep, countdown starts over for me too today, AF arrived this morning, although it was actually a happy moment for me, since I'd already figured out it was almost impossible that we'd done it this time. Sorry to hear you're in the same boat bann1126 and ttc1stat40 :(

Fingers x'd for those of you still in with chance x

Hi Ladies :flower:

Sorry to hear the witch has got most of you. But great to feel that positive attitude coming through from each of you too. I tested again this morning and got BFN again. Am definitely preparing for that nasty witch to get me too, whilst hanging on to that little tiny bit of hope that she might not come. AF is due Thursday so I should know for sure by then.

I'm planning on trying evening primrose oil next month if this isn't our month. I hadn't heard about flaxseed oil being beneficial, so thanks for that one TTC1st_at_40. I just did a bit of reading on it and it sounds great. Here's a site I just found with some useful tips about vitamins - I'm going to have a proper read of this over the next few days and see if there's anything else worth adding!

https://thefertilityshop.com/fertility_herbs_vitamins.htm

Any signs yet, Treykids?

xx

AF got me today too!!

Maybe this is fate so we can go through this together next month and have a lucky month then!!

I'm going to buy some evening primrose oil as a new thing for this month. maybe some flaxseed too

I'm even more determined now. xx

I guess most of us are waiting for time to BD then we will wait again to see if our efforts were successful. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a wonderful relaxing and stress free weekend.

:dust::dust::dust:

Aww thats a shame leeze but on a purely selfish note, at least I've still got you all for company during the next round ;) So fingers x'd for all of us cos surely one of us has gotta catch an egg this month :) Anyway, this time I am going to make a bit more of an effort than I did last month by actually DTD at least once during my fertile days, shouldn't be too difficult should it ;)

AF got me today too!!

Maybe this is fate so we can go through this together next month and have a lucky month then!!

I'm going to buy some evening primrose oil as a new thing for this month. maybe some flaxseed too

I'm even more determined now. xx

Leeze, I didn't notice your post earlier today. So sorry about AF. :(
Stay positive. :flower:

I'm sorry to hear about all of the evil :witch: showing up. Keep up the PMA because it will happen. I am 37 and after 6 months and a Mirena removal it happened for me. I hope the best for all of you!!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Wow congratulations treykid :) your the first BFP in our group! Hope you have a fantastic 9 months and beyond and hopefully we'll all be joining you over on 1st trimester board next month :) xx

Hi ladies

Firstly, CONGRATULATIONS to Treykids - that's fantastic news!! :thumbup: Wishing you lots of joy and happiness ahead! Any tips for us on anything you think that might have helped this month?

For everyone else, let's do lots of plotting this month to get ourselves the best chance ever.:devil:

Today, I'm a woman on a mission. Discovered Amazon.co.uk selling Clearblue fertility monitor for £58 so have ordered one (my OH is paying half which is very sweet of him!). I've ordered some more pre-seed too, maca tablets and some pregnacare conception vitamins.

Also have just been to the local health food shop and bought some evening primrose oil, flaxseed oil, wheatgerm and some mung beans. The wheatgerm and mung beans because I read on the Foresight website that these are particularly nutritious not because I think they massively improve the chances of conceiving. I've also bought some cough medicine that contains guaifenisen to give this a try. And I've stocked up on grapefruit juice!

It's a good job I've got no social life at the moment as this little lot ended up being quite costly.

Next weekend there's a fertility fair on in London and my OH and I are going to go - so I'll let you know if we pick up any more tips. Have a great weekend everyone. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->