Anyone predicted a fast labor or early delivery?

KelseyK

Reaction score
Hey Everyone :)

My Dr thinks that I will deliver this baby really fast since my labor with my son was only a total or 4 hours. It's making me nervous!! Anyone else deliver fast?? My water broke in my sleep and I literally had though I wet the bed. My DH dragged me to the hospital thank god. I was having contractions and didn't even feel them. Everything went so fast I'm nervous that if my water hadn't had broken when it did I would have had the baby at home.

Also I delivered around 37 weeks with my first and she is thinking the same will happen with this one... anyone else? I know it's awhile away but I'm getting myself all psyched out lol :haha:

I was 2 hours from 2cm (and ANY pain at all) to delivery, so I'm hoping I make it to the hospital to delivery Baby A. ;)

My first was 8hrs 2nd was 2! Pushed both out fast but my 2nd was less then a min of pushing we live about 2hrs from dr office so I asked to be induced as I really don't wasn't to be home or in the car we also live in the woods so it just worrys me lol

I put the first hr of labor as back cramps took a shower I sat on the bed and there was blood that's when I woke dh up! Lol

My quickest went from 5cm to delivered in 15 min. Once I hit active labor and the contractions hurt I typically deliver within 1 hour. Once I get close to full term I usually ask to have my waters broke or some other labor augmentation done. I have an hour ride to the hospital and don't want to deliver in the car!

Oh geez!!!!

Yeah I had no clue... My water broke and I felt NOTHING!! I just kept telling DH I was peeing my pants and I was soooo mad he was making me go to the hospital because I thought I was going to be sooo embarrassed lol at 12:00 pm my dr said he had a surgery and would be back at 4 to check on me, I was a 10 at 1230! He came in the door and baby was out in 2 pushes.

So did your Dr's say anything about your fast labors? Do they assume you will deliver fast again, or faster?? I'm so nervous since I didn't feel my contractions until 1 hour before delivery!! What if my water hadn't have broken?!

Are you ladies nervous?

My doctor expects me to go quickly, they usually set up right away because I have delivered before they were ready previously. This is a different case for me because I'm having twins this time. They won't let me go past 36 weeks and if I start showing signs before then I will be admitted to the hospital. The NICU (where they will have to be if born before 36 weeks) is 4 hours away and they don't want to risk me having then earlier in a hospital not equipped for them. I'm worried because I dilate without painful contractions. They just feel exactly like BH and I get them all the time and regular. My Dr. was no help, she said she couldn't tell me when I should go in, with me it is hard to tell! :)

After my first my dr asked (at the end of my pregnancy at one of my app)how long it took me to push when I told him 30 mins he told me to go right to the hospital when I started getting contractions. But I never really had false labor so that was nice haha

My doctor expects me to go quickly, they usually set up right away because I have delivered before they were ready previously. This is a different case for me because I'm having twins this time. They won't let me go past 36 weeks and if I start showing signs before then I will be admitted to the hospital. The NICU (where they will have to be if born before 36 weeks) is 4 hours away and they don't want to risk me having then earlier in a hospital not equipped for them. I'm worried because I dilate without painful contractions. They just feel exactly like BH and I get them all the time and regular. My Dr. was no help, she said she couldn't tell me when I should go in, with me it is hard to tell! :)

Oh wow yeah that would be hard with twins!! I dilated without painful contractions too.... and honestly I don't remember having BH even though I'm sure I probably did. I was 20 at the time and not really on top of what to look for. I think I'll be much more self aware of what is going on with my body. This may sound like a stupid question but what do BH actually feel like? And when do they start?

After my first my dr asked (at the end of my pregnancy at one of my app)how long it took me to push when I told him 30 mins he told me to go right to the hospital when I started getting contractions. But I never really had false labor so that was nice haha

hahaha oh man.... yeah I think I'll probably be so worried about getting there on time that I will go in a few times before i actually give birth lol :haha: I never went in early with my first either... the first time I went to the hospital was when I had him.

BH can start as early as 2nd trimester. Most women won't notice them until 3rd if at all. They are contractions that typically don't hurt (can be uncomfortable though), you feel your abdomen getting hard, and they don't increase in strength. They are called false labor or practice contractions sometimes. A lot of women tell by feeling their stomach, when it gets hard all over that is a BH, usually lasts for 30-45 seconds. I have been pregnant a lot :) and so get them early. I have been having them for over 2 weeks already (but I'm measuring at least 4-5 weeks ahead because of twins)

Oh wow thanks! I'll look out for them this time :) it seems like everything is happening faster with this pregnancy.

Yes all my labours have been really quick..
1st 3 hours
2nd 50 minutes from first pain
3rd 1 hour

Also they were all early too, first 2 were a week early each, my last was 3 weeks early.

My midwife joked that on this one, I will have to camp outside the hospital from around 37 weeks. I have a great fear that I won't make it to the hospital in time. My midwife told me not to hang around at home counting contractions, she said to make my way to the hospital with my first pain, because generally my labour starts with niggly back ache, but nothing really painful and then with in minutes I'm in full blown labour !!

2 hours 30 from waters being broken at not even dilated to him coming and he got stuck. I went from 4 to 10 in 9 mins. Was in the delivery suite 2 minutes before I started pushing.

They have told me to have a home birth but I am refusing... I hope to god this baby doesnt decide rush hour or school pick up drop off is a good time to come because the roads are crap round the hospital and it can take over an hour... normally it would take 10 minutes!

My first was a total of 1 hour 57 mins from nothing to holding him.
He was 2 weeks late though so im planing on camping on the hospital doorstep from about 38 weeks just in case as I know im further along then they say

My first labour was 3 days and then nearly 3 hours pushing. Second labour 1 day and 2 minutes pushing.

Second do tend to be quicker.

My labour with my ds was 2.5hrs.... So I'm trying to convince hubby a home birth is better....don't want to deliver en route to the hospital in rush hour!

My first labour was 3 days and then nearly 3 hours pushing. Second labour 1 day and 2 minutes pushing.

Second do tend to be quicker.

Dont say that, people are already taking the piss out of me saying ill sneeze and it will be over after last time :)

I tend to labour reasonably fast, my first was 6 hrs and second was 5. I tend to go from five cms to head crowning in one or two contractions though :wacko: yet if I don't get my waters broken I don't progress at all :/

Oh man.... I guess I'll plan for a faster delivery this time lol. Since I didn't feel my first contraction until I was in the hospital I'll probably freak out as soon as I have one and run right in :haha: Those of you that had it fast, did you have enough time for an epidural?

Oh man.... I guess I'll plan for a faster delivery this time lol. Since I didn't feel my first contraction until I was in the hospital I'll probably freak out as soon as I have one and run right in :haha: Those of you that had it fast, did you have enough time for an epidural?

I didnt! When I got to the hospital I was at a 7 and they had a new rule that they had to do my blood work first! But it really didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would

They will be inducing me, I always have complications and this time they want to make sure I will make it to hospital as the risks of not being there are too great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->