• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone pregnant again after MMC?

coco84

2 mmc & 3 Angels
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? had MMC in november discovered at 12 week scan, baby had died at 7 weeks.

Found out i was pregnant again last week, but all i can do is constantly worry :nope:

Feel sick at the thought of going for a scan, will be having one at 8 weeks.

Anyone else the same?
xx

hey coco, sorry for your loss.

i had a mmc in november too, it was picked up at 8 weeks, but baby stopped growing about 6 weeks. i had an early scan due to previous ectopic and mmc at 12 weeks, so was glad they caught it early.

i am nearly 6 weeks along and although i am thankful that i get an early scan i am dreading it, it's on monday. they need to rule out ectopic, but at the same time i find it causes me more worry if things are quiet as they should be.

Pregnancy after a loss is so hard, it really isn't magic anymore and you turn into a worrier, but believe me it only lasts the 1st few months, my daugher was born after 2 losses and after my 12wk scan i started to relax and enjoy things.

with your past loss, i would recommend the scan, but try not to worry about it too much, in the end what will be will be, and after only 1 mc you are no more likely to have another.

hope we can both find the strengh to get through the next few months, and on to the good bits x

Hi Coco. I've had 2 mmcs and know how you feel. Rest in the thought there is nothing you can do to change the outcome of your pregnancy and there is no reason why it won't all be fine.

It's great that you have a scan at 8 weeks to look forward to. If all is well at 8 weeks then your chances of another loss will reduce significantly.

I have dreaded all of my scans this time round, even the 20 week one. WHen you have gone through the trauma of a mmc I dont think you ever really enjoy scans x

so sorry for your loss and congrats on the new baby in the tummy.

i naturally m/c during the 13th week but certainly didn't pass anything as big as it would have been after 12 weeks of growth, so i have no idea when our baby died.

we have our first scan next week at 6wk6day and we're nervous - i'm trying not to get my hopes up too much b/c i know it can be too early for a heartbeat, but at the same time i really want to know if the baby's growing okay. i'm just trying not to be a worry-wort b/c i know that's not healthy.

Hi Ladies,

I had a MMC in Dec, found out at 12 week scan that baby had died at 7 weeks.

I am now 7 weeks and absolutely terrified! I am having an early scan just waiting for the date.

I have done about 20 pregnancy tests!

I am so worried that I keep convincing myself something bad is gonna happen. I haven't really had many symptoms the odd wave of nausea, slightly sore boobs but that is about it. But I didn't have much with my LO.
The last fews days I have had a niggling pain in my left side and shooting pains up my bum and am now thinking ectopic!

I hate this worry and the waiting!!

xx
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I also had a mmc that was discovered at my 12 wk scan. With this pregnancy I really didn't want to have an early scan. I can understand why a lot of women do want them, but the thought of going in for a scan made me feel horrible panic.

However, I did end up getting one at 9 wk +3 because I had spotting and low progesterone. I was barely able to hold it together until I saw the heartbeat, but in the end having a scan was the right thing to do. It was a huge relief to see the baby developing as it should. Waiting until the 12 wk scan would have been more traumatic emotionally because that's when I found out I'd lost our last baby and it would just have prolonged the worst of my anxiety.

Hi all I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this ... But where is the right place I guess.
I was told two days ago at my scan that the baby had died and now I'm struggling whether to wait and let it happen naturally or to go for a d&c. I have heard bad things about both so really needing people who have been through it to tell me their experience.
Thank you x

Hi all I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this ... But where is the right place I guess.
I was told two days ago at my scan that the baby had died and now I'm struggling whether to wait and let it happen naturally or to go for a d&c. I have heard bad things about both so really needing people who have been through it to tell me their experience.
Thank you x

Hey hun, sorry about your news, I went through this same thing last november, i opted for D&C as nothing seemsed to be happening naturally for me as i was 12 weeks and baby died at 7, i still had all my ppregnancy symptoms too. Its really an individual choice but i found the D&C fine, i had no pain and i was in and out of hospital in one day, i hardly had any bleeding and my cycle returned 30 days after.

I hope you get on ok hun, if you need to know anything else feel free to ask :hugs::hugs:

xxx

Thank you ladies for your replies.

Congrats Kanga, nice to see your pregnancy is going well this time, lovely to see a happy ending.

Bellasmummy - i am very similar to you i'm analysing every last syptom, keep prodding my boobs to make sure they are still sore.

It seems like alot of women out there have more than one MMC which makes me nervous as my Doc told me it was quite rare and unlikley to happen again, just feel like i get into a total panic, cant bear the thought of going in to the scan room and being told the same thing again.

xxx

Hi Jo--So sorry for your loss hun. I had a natural m/c in September. U/S at 9 wks had shown that my little one had stopped growing at 6.5 weeks and never developed a heartbeat. I was given the choice of natural vs. D&C and, after weighing my options, opted for a natural m/c.

The natural m/c for me was like a very painful period crammed into 2 days with the passage of the sac/tissue at the end, but I would not change my decision for anything. The only thing that you have to be sure of is to go to the hospital if you hemmorage (can't stop bleeding after you pass the tissue) and to do a followup u/s to make sure that you have passed everything (because if you haven't, you have to have a D&C anyways).

The reason I did not choose a D&C is because I personally just did not want to risk scar tissue from the procedure in my uterus or infection. This is a personal choice, however, and lots of women have D&C's and go on to have perfect, healthy pregnancies after that!

So sorry for your loss but congratulations on your pregnancy xxxxxx

I too had a mmc 9 months ago, I was 10 weeks but baby stopped growing at 6. The months after it affected me worse than everything, so we'd only just started TTC again this month and I got my bfp straight away.

I too am nervous as hell!

I think positive thinking has to be the way to go :hugs:xxxx

First off - Jo20072007 - so sorry to hear about what is happening to you. I hope you are getting lots of support:hugs:
Secondly Coco - congrats on your new pg!! xx

I had a mmc last November and they thought baby stopped growing at 5/6 weeks, it was detected at a 10 week scan. I opted for a D&C as the consultant thought it would take longer for my body to miscarry naturally (no symptons of mc whatsoever). After my D&C they found the baby was 8 weeks and although the tests came back normal they think it had some kind of chromosone problem. D&C was best option for me as I was having an emotional breakdown and needed pg removed quickly - BUT i did get infections afterwards and was on antibiotics for about a month which caused me other problems.

I am in counselling now to treat my depression after the first mmc, and my new midwife arranged a scan at 6w+2 to help me along. Saw that everything was normal and baby had a hb :cloud9: That said I still worry about my coming and going of symptons and having another mmc - then suddenly like this morning, symptons strike and I was sick before breakfast! I cry at the time as I feel so sick (and tired all the time) but inside I feel relieved as I know my body is working hard to create this baby.

Taking it day by day and keeping feet firmly on the ground! :hugs:

So sorry for your loss but congratulations on your pregnancy xxxxxx

I too had a mmc 9 months ago, I was 10 weeks but baby stopped growing at 6. The months after it affected me worse than everything, so we'd only just started TTC again this month and I got my bfp straight away.

I too am nervous as hell!

I think positive thinking has to be the way to go :hugs:xxxx

Hey thanks for sharing your story, congrats on your new pregnancy:cloud9:

Its absoultley terrifying, every little twinge sends me into a panic again.

Are you having an early scan? the thought about it makes me feel sick :nope:

I'm having one at 8 weeks so another 3 to go.

First off - Jo20072007 - so sorry to hear about what is happening to you. I hope you are getting lots of support:hugs:
Secondly Coco - congrats on your new pg!! xx

I had a mmc last November and they thought baby stopped growing at 5/6 weeks, it was detected at a 10 week scan. I opted for a D&C as the consultant thought it would take longer for my body to miscarry naturally (no symptons of mc whatsoever). After my D&C they found the baby was 8 weeks and although the tests came back normal they think it had some kind of chromosone problem. D&C was best option for me as I was having an emotional breakdown and needed pg removed quickly - BUT i did get infections afterwards and was on antibiotics for about a month which caused me other problems.

I am in counselling now to treat my depression after the first mmc, and my new midwife arranged a scan at 6w+2 to help me along. Saw that everything was normal and baby had a hb :cloud9: That said I still worry about my coming and going of symptons and having another mmc - then suddenly like this morning, symptons strike and I was sick before breakfast! I cry at the time as I feel so sick (and tired all the time) but inside I feel relieved as I know my body is working hard to create this baby.

Taking it day by day and keeping feet firmly on the ground! :hugs:

Thanks for sharing your story and congrats on your new pregnancy, i bet it was so great to see the heartbeat on the screen

I think i was so concentrated on getting pregnant again now that i am just so worried, not sure if i would be able to cope with the same thing happening again

I'm the same, I had a mmc over two years ago. I was 14 weeks when I had my scan but babies heart had stopped at 7 weeks :(

I was an emotional mess, I opted for a D&C but had to wait 3 days for it. In those 3 days I was constantly running to the loo thinking I must bleeding but nothing. I had absolutely no signs of mc and I still had pregnancy symptoms so as you can imagine I am also dreading my scan this time round. It's taken me over two years to want to try again, I don't think I will cope a second time :(

Jo, so sorry that you are having to go through this too! I opted for the D&C last time as after 7 weeks my body was not wanting to accept the pregnancy had ended. I felt no pain after the op but I did bleed for 11 weeks after and almost had to have a repeat procedure to make sure they had removed everything but luckily it stopped and my period returned two weeks later.

I think if I should ever have to go through a mmc again (god I hope this peanut is happy in there and wants to stay!) I will opt to wait for it to happen naturally, but unfortunately there is no way of knowing when that will happen.

I'm sure whatever you decide is right for you and I hope you get through this sad time xxx

I had a m/c in August f 2010. I'm not 11 weeks pregnant. I worry allllllllllllllll the time. I have a regular appt tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll get the doppler. I also have been really sick with having a bad head cold and 2 bad ear infections and they put me on medication. I'm worried it might do something to the baby. It's normal to worry, and to be honest lol it doesn't go away. I've worried every single day, and the days that I haven't i've been working and coming home and sleeping lol! what a life! I hope everything goes good for you!

Hope you are all feeling ok ladies this morning and worrying a little less. It is such an anxious time isn't it, i wonder how on earth my nerves will get through these next few weeks.

Some of you have mentioned that you are having an early scan this time round, I'm now beginning to think I would really like one (especially as I have my wedding in 8 weeks time, i need to know everything is ok for me to have a chance of remotely enjoying my wedding day, and if it's not ok, then for everything to have been sorted) Do i ask if there is a possibility I can ask for an early scan when i have my midwife booking in appointment? If they say no, I can always book a private one i guess.

Hey HollyQ

I am feeling the exact same as you, always worrying about every little twinge and pain, its driving me crazy. I am having an early scan at 8 weeks, it was midwife who arranged this for me, if you explain to her how worried you are they are usually pretty good, mine remembered me from last time round. I think it would be great if you can find out everything is ok before your wedding, what a great day you would have. Let me know how you get on!!! xxxx

I am 4.2wks after Mc in Nov and I'm so happy and so bloody scared at the same time. we found out at 11.5wks that baby had died at 9 weeks. Some how I wish it had died earlier like at 5wks or something which meant that I had a smaller worry period. I know I will worry until the day this LO is born but getting past that 9wks and still having a living baby is all I am hoping for. Small milestones I think for this pregnancy. My next step is 6 weeks and then 9 weeks and then 12wks so on and so on. I freak out everytime I get a cramp and I am also prodding my boobs all the time to make sure they still hurt.
I'm so emotional too I saw a pic of my cousin who is 3 wks behind what I would have been and just cried and cried. I said to dh i should be complaining about how fat I am right now! I'm jealous, I'm sad and although since saturday(test day) I have been feeling less empty, looking at her big belly her cradling it in every photo wearing tight dresses just plain hurts.

HollieQ I'm sure you can ask for an early scan your paying for it and after what we've been through a little reassurance can't hurt.

i'm so sorry for all your losses, it's so comforting knowing I'm not alone. We'll get through this together ladies 1 week at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->