Anyone pregnant again after MMC?

Coco84 thank you xx I'll definately talk to my midwife, this morning i tried to arrange my midwife booking in appointment through my doctors surgery but they told me they are having a new i.t system fitted and that I have to wait till a WEEK on friday to make the appointment! I think that's rubbish, been meaning to try to change doctor surgerys for a while, i think i will now! I'm going to ring the other surgery in the village in a bit. I think an 8 week scan like you're having would be ideal :flower:

Just waiting so sorry for your loss xxxxx :hugs: I think you're definately right, we'll get through this together, one week at a time.

Hi ladies how is it going? Where are you from?
any one having any symptoms so far or apptments or anything?
When will you be having your first scan, I have booked mine in for 6.3wks and then hopefully another at 9weeks and then one at 12 I'm paranoid and want to check everything is going well.
Hollie did you end up getting into the dr's or changing surgeries?

Hey girls, joining you a little late on this thread but this is the first time I have come across to this part of the forum as I've been in the First trimester section trying to pretend everything is fine and that it never happened but I am getting more and more stressed as time goes by- just like you girls, so I think it helps for me to come and talk with others in the same situation!

I had a MMC diagnosed at my 12 week scan in November too. Baby died at 8+2. I had a medical MC where you go into labour to pass it and then I was diagnosed as it having been a Molar pregnancy (AKA gestational trophoblastic disease). I had to have a D&C to remove the retained molar tumours and am now on follow up (weekly urine samples) to chack for relaps. I should not have got pregnant in this time but to be told to wait 6 months before TTC again is so so hard, especially when if I lived in Oz, they take a more relaxed approach and discharge you as soon as you are molar free. So . . . I am 5+6 today! so so nervous and just praying all will be OK when we have our scan 1 week today!

MMC is so cruel, I had no pain, no bleeding, I thought everything was OK, I even had a bump, turns out it was so big because I was growing molar tumours as big as a cluster of grapes!

I'm certain we will all have better experiences this time round!!!!

xxx

Hi Anidae, sorry to hear of your loss, and sorry to hear of your molar tumours that you suffered with :nope:. MMC are so cruel, I too didn't suspect a thing was wrong and never before have I ever felt such excitement turn to sadness at my scan like that :cry: But like you say I'm sure it'll be a better experience this time round for us all! :happydance: Brilliant news you've got a scan booked in a week too!

Hollie did you end up getting into the dr's or changing surgeries?

No, I didn't change.. luckily I'd asked a close friend who used the new surgery's midwife and she said she was awful! So I'm sticking with my doctors (the midwife there was lovely last time) just means I have to wait that week to book my midwife appointment. Can't believe I'm only 5 weeks today, HOW slow can time go! My other half is really against me having an early scan :growlmad: He just says i need to calm down, but how can I have my wedding not knowing, it's ok for him, he just doesn't understand how scary it is believing that it's going to happen any minute. I'm going to talk to him tonight about it again, grr.

Hope you're ok? :flower:

EDITED! after posting just noticed my vegetable/fruit on my ticker has changed to an appleseed wooohoooo! Baba's growing in there! *fingers crossed* xx

Nice to meet you Anidae, so sorry for your loss. But fingers crossed for this time, what is a molar pregnancy exactly and what are ur chance of getting it again? I know the likely hood of miscarrying twice in a row is uncommon without an underlying medical condition but what about molar. Mmc is the worst I think it takes you completely by surprise and when u go for that 12 week scan and there is only a sac with a fetal pole or less within it hurts sooo much.
But we are pregnant again and we will have our babies come Nov. First trimester is good but the ladies in here understand why we freak out every now and then or why we go for extra scans, it's comforting and we need all the support we can get.
You said something about Oz are you originally from there? I live in Canberra Oz

congrats on your appleseed Hollie, so exciting that they are growing day by day, I love those tickers iy's a good way to know how big they are getting.
I want 2 early us before my 12wk scan and our medical clinic bulk bills early scans so I wont have to pay to check up on my little baby.
Hollie why is you husband against it? Is he maybe afraid that if he sees a healthy heartbeat and then you lose it, it might hurt even more, might get too attached maybe? maybe you can go to the early ones alone if he doesn't want to?

TTC 3 years. MMC June '10. Baby died around 8w. Carried up to 11w, then doc recommended a D&C (which I'm glad I did). BFP end of FEB. Now I'm 7 weeks!!! I'm very nervous, excited, and scared!!! Good luck to you ladies!

Welcome willyandcourt and anidae, sorry for your losses. xx

How is everyone feeling? i feel bit sicky now :(

Does anyone actually know how likley you are to have 2 MMC in a row? cant help thinking of what it would be like if it happened again :( i wish tri1 would hurry up and be over. Time is passing very slowly.

xx

Hi Coco - thanks for keeping us all upbeat!

My morning sickness has arrived with gusto when actually I thought it never would. I guess it all started in the middle of 7 weeks and I am now approaching 9 weeks and just lost my porridge oats that I had this morning :sick: I have 24 hour nausea which is made worse if I don't eat, and then when I want to eat I cannot as the food is so unappetizing. My poor OH says he will cook whatever I want to eat - but I don't know what that is.

In my last pg, I had no symptons what to speak of apart from sore boobs, and odd faint nausea. This time round - I totally get how other pg women feel. Still doesn't stop me feeling a bit paranoid about having another MMC, but my midwife appt is next week so I'll ask here then. I am sure the odds are the same as last time (if a little increased), but it really is down to chance.

take care :kiss:

Hey girls, joining you a little late on this thread but this is the first time I have come across to this part of the forum as I've been in the First trimester section trying to pretend everything is fine and that it never happened but I am getting more and more stressed as time goes by- just like you girls, so I think it helps for me to come and talk with others in the same situation!

I had a MMC diagnosed at my 12 week scan in November too. Baby died at 8+2. I had a medical MC where you go into labour to pass it and then I was diagnosed as it having been a Molar pregnancy (AKA gestational trophoblastic disease). I had to have a D&C to remove the retained molar tumours and am now on follow up (weekly urine samples) to chack for relaps. I should not have got pregnant in this time but to be told to wait 6 months before TTC again is so so hard, especially when if I lived in Oz, they take a more relaxed approach and discharge you as soon as you are molar free. So . . . I am 5+6 today! so so nervous and just praying all will be OK when we have our scan 1 week today!

MMC is so cruel, I had no pain, no bleeding, I thought everything was OK, I even had a bump, turns out it was so big because I was growing molar tumours as big as a cluster of grapes!

I'm certain we will all have better experiences this time round!!!!

xxx

just sending you a quick message as i shouldnt be on this thread iam not preg yet but trying after my mc at 19 weeks in jan. But i think this thread gives hope to us that other do get pregnant and i remember a few of you, like hollie glacier girl and just waiting...

Ok iam on here to say my AUnt had a molar pregnancy after her first child and she had to wait 6 months also, but she went on to have 3 more healthy beautiful children!!!

Thanks for sharing your story spellfairy, so sorry for your loss, i really hope you get your BFP again son! xx

I am actually feeling a bit better, done some research and having one MMC does not increase your chances of any other MC :) :) we have the same chance as anyone else 80% chance of normal pregnancy.....i like those odds.

Hope you are all well ladies :)

had a little scare today... started spotting. Went to the doc. She said it was old blood, not sure from what, and she checked my cervix. It was still closed. She also did an ultrasound. The baby has a heartbeat, but it's too early to measure the rate. There was no bleeding around the sac. Bloodwork was done, but I won't know any results until Monday. All is good news, but I'm nervous and scared right now. So... I guess I'm keeping my fingers crossed and in need of much prayer for God to do His work. I hope all is well with everyone!

Nice to meet you Anidae, so sorry for your loss. But fingers crossed for this time, what is a molar pregnancy exactly and what are ur chance of getting it again? I know the likely hood of miscarrying twice in a row is uncommon without an underlying medical condition but what about molar. Mmc is the worst I think it takes you completely by surprise and when u go for that 12 week scan and there is only a sac with a fetal pole or less within it hurts sooo much.
But we are pregnant again and we will have our babies come Nov. First trimester is good but the ladies in here understand why we freak out every now and then or why we go for extra scans, it's comforting and we need all the support we can get.
You said something about Oz are you originally from there? I live in Canberra Oz

Thanks for the warm welcome all!

I don't live in Oz, UK based but here we have a very different health policy on the aftercare of Molar patients, we are not allowed to TTC for 6 months incase of relaps but in Oz you discharge your patients as soon as they get the all clear! So I thought that even though I live on the otherside of the world to you and have never even visited Oz! I'll go ahead and adopt their health policies as I like them more- hence being pregnant already when my 6 months isnt officially up until June. What a jail sentence tho!!!

I think the chance of getting a molar pregnancy in the first place is about 1 in 2000 but now I have an increased risk of about 1 in 50.

I thought the molar pregnancy was very scary at first but it's really not, I got better quickly, it's so rare that doctors don't even know what it is. But is where 2 sperms fertilise one egg and instead of splitting into twins it causes an abnormality of the babies placenta where it takes over the world becoming tumourous/like a mole, it kills the baby (who was abnormal anyway and could not have survived) and then infects the mother but burrowing into the womb. I had a D&C to remove as much as possible but then you have to let your body get rid of the rest and if not you need to have Chemo. The good news is they are very very rare so I'm certainly not telling you any of this so you can worry incase you have one!!! I was only the 2nd patient my doctors surgery has ever had. just very very unlucky. I'm just rather traumatised, as we all are from our past experinces. But I do feel positive, lots of good can be found in what happened, hubby and I know how desperately we want a baby now and will be so so much more apreciative of the miracle when it does really happen for us and we have our little one in our arms!!!!! My sister also had an ectopic just 2 months after my molar, so I was able to be there for her far better than I could have if this whole thing was new to me.

Nature can be so cruel but has a purpose, it is just ensuring we each get our perfect babies, but it may have to try a couple of times before it gets that right, and when we do get one, we will be so pleased of our journeys to get there because it will all be well worth it!

Best of luck to us all, we deserve it.

xxxxxx

PS Coco84 I just looked at your signature strip and you are very similar to me, MMC in November 2010- (though it dgragged all through Dec/Jan after the MP diagnosis) and I am only 1 day behind you as your ticker says you are 6+2 and I am 6+1 today, that makes you due on 10.11.11 and me on 11.11.11. When is your early scan? Mine is on 24th March as I'm currently on holiday in the Maldives- very scary being on an isolated island knowing I could have a miscarriage but we booked it as our 'last' holiday before the birth of our previous baby (MMC) as I would have been almost 6 months now- ha ha but I am 6 weeks instead! how strange!

xx

Welcome willyandcourt and anidae, sorry for your losses. xx

How is everyone feeling? i feel bit sicky now :(

Does anyone actually know how likley you are to have 2 MMC in a row? cant help thinking of what it would be like if it happened again :( i wish tri1 would hurry up and be over. Time is passing very slowly.

xx

I know! I wish we could just fast forward and each have our lovely little bumps!!!! This first trimester is just torture! x

PS Coco84 I just looked at your signature strip and you are very similar to me, MMC in November 2010- (though it dgragged all through Dec/Jan after the MP diagnosis) and I am only 1 day behind you as your ticker says you are 6+2 and I am 6+1 today, that makes you due on 10.11.11 and me on 11.11.11. When is your early scan? Mine is on 24th March as I'm currently on holiday in the Maldives- very scary being on an isolated island knowing I could have a miscarriage but we booked it as our 'last' holiday before the birth of our previous baby (MMC) as I would have been almost 6 months now- ha ha but I am 6 weeks instead! how strange!

xx

Wow we are very similar indeed :flower: dont have a date for scan yet but it will be between 8-9 weeks.

Lucky you i hope you are having a great time on holiday :) relaxing is just what we need in this situation

What symptoms have you got? do you feel different to last time.

I had scan at 11-12 weeks last time but baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks.

xxx

I know what you feel. I had a mmc in July, and I was devastated. I never thought I would experience something like that. I was 10w pregnant when bleeding started, then I learned that my baby's size was just 6w.

I got pregnant again in October, now I am 6 months pregnant; but i have been worried during all the time. I bought a doppler to listen baby's hb, i got extra private scans, i was deadly nervous before every uss check as well. I know it's very difficult to relax & enjoy your pregnancy after a mmc. I started not to worry & enjoy finally by my 20w as I can feel the baby movements then. I can suggest you to buy a doppler to feel alright until baby starts moving for a peace of mind. Good luck, have a healthy baby & pregnancy.

Hi all I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this ... But where is the right place I guess.
I was told two days ago at my scan that the baby had died and now I'm struggling whether to wait and let it happen naturally or to go for a d&c. I have heard bad things about both so really needing people who have been through it to tell me their experience.
Thank you x

Hi lovely,
Sorry for your loss - it's a horrible experience. I had mmc and went for medical management of miscarriage. That's not a d&c as far as I'm aware, but pessaries which you insert yourself at the hospital. I stayed there for about 6 hours and then went home.
It did hurt, like very bad period pains and passing the foetus etc was not nice. I'm glad I did it that way though, I wouldn't have wanted to wait indefinitely and the thought of either sitting in my house for ages just waiting, or getting on with my life and then passing my baby in work or a supermarket toilet seemed too horrible to bear. I can understand why people choose to wait and do it naturally though.
Good luck :hugs:

Hi all I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this ... But where is the right place I guess.
I was told two days ago at my scan that the baby had died and now I'm struggling whether to wait and let it happen naturally or to go for a d&c. I have heard bad things about both so really needing people who have been through it to tell me their experience.
Thank you x

Hi lovely,
Sorry for your loss - it's a horrible experience. I had mmc and went for medical management of miscarriage. That's not a d&c as far as I'm aware, but pessaries which you insert yourself at the hospital. I stayed there for about 6 hours and then went home.
It did hurt, like very bad period pains and passing the foetus etc was not nice. I'm glad I did it that way though, I wouldn't have wanted to wait indefinitely and the thought of either sitting in my house for ages just waiting, or getting on with my life and then passing my baby in work or a supermarket toilet seemed too horrible to bear. I can understand why people choose to wait and do it naturally though.
Good luck :hugs:

Hi, I too am so so sorry to hear this, I had a MMC diagnosed at my scan and the baby died at 8+2. I opted for medical MC as already discribed, I went for this because I couldn;t bare the thought of carrying my baby around inside knowing that it was no longer with me. So it was a personal choice as I wanted it over as soon as possible so I could start to heal. The Medical MC was painful as essentially they induce you into labour and you 'deliver' the feotus. Very messy but you pass everything into a bed pan for testing. I held mine in my hand after passing it and felt a degree of closure. I then also had to have a D&C after my disease was diagnosed to remove retain placental tissues, That was less traumatic and relatively pain free, with bleeding lasting on average 10-14 days for most women. It is however surgery and there is a small risk of perforated uterus. You can still go on to have children if this happens but I was told it may involve a C section delivery due to scar tissue. So there is a little risk but majority of cases are fine! mine was great and I wish tbh that I had opted for the D&C from the start and missed out the Medical MC part. I did however get infections after both but far worse with my Medical MC for some reason.Both were easily fixed with antibiotics. So the choice is really yours. I would ask your doctor to give you an idea of how long it may take to pass naturally and if you can bear the thought, go down that route, otherwise I would opt for a D&C, although it is a surgical procedure, it is a routine op and almost all women who miscarry have a D&C. If you would like a definative- 'what would you do answer'- I would have a D&C. At least then you have a date of closure and a land mark from which to begin to heal and start to think about your future again.
xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->