Anyone pregnant again after MMC?

so sorry coco my thoughts are with you and your OH! I can't imagen the pain and heartache you are in! I had a mmc in january 09 found out at 12week scan baby had stopped growing at 10.5weeks it was devestating for me! this time round i am very nervous i had an early scan last week and saw babys heartbeat but i am still very much worried that history is going to repeat its self! im praying everything will be ok this time but its so hard to hold on to hope when you have been through the trauma of lossing a child! x

I am going through a similar situation. In December I suffered a missed mc. We found out at 10 weeks but the baby died at 8 weeks. I am preggo again and currently 6+ weeks (almost 7). Yesterday I started to spot for under an hour. I went to the MD and the nurse practioner did an ultrasound. They saw the baby and the heartbeat, which is awesome! But they also found a subchorionic bleed which explains the spotting. 2 NP's said these types of bleed happen all the time and usually dissolve on their own. I hope they are right but I am obviously at a higher risk for a mc. If the bleed gets larger than it can cause the placenta to detach and lead to a mc. I am praying hard it doesn't happen. I have another appt with my actual MD on monday. I hope the bleed is gone or at least getting smaller.

I wish us all healthy pregnancies!! Good luck

prayers for you, hope, and for all those who are worried about losing again.

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all your lovely posts enquiring about my scan. :flower:
As you can see in my scan pic I have a lovely baby bouncing about inside and it stayed in the perfect position for the NT Scan and even some photos. Also just got my NT results through yesterday (a week later) and I have a low risk for DS. Phew! It also measured a day ahead so now due date is 21st October.

DH and I are still in shock tbh! After the scan we had the evening together but for the rest of the week, I had trips to London for meetings and then a 2 day conference. All made worse by the fact my MS got progressively worse, so went to GP and got prescribed Milk of Magnesia which has been a miracle cure for me. I am actually starting to eat again now! Having not had much time together since the scan, both of us are still stunned by the result but we are so happy its finally working out for us.

Hope everyone else is progressing well and my thoughts and prayers are with those that are going through some uncertain times xx :kiss:

so sorry coco my thoughts are with you and your OH! I can't imagen the pain and heartache you are in! I had a mmc in january 09 found out at 12week scan baby had stopped growing at 10.5weeks it was devestating for me! this time round i am very nervous i had an early scan last week and saw babys heartbeat but i am still very much worried that history is going to repeat its self! im praying everything will be ok this time but its so hard to hold on to hope when you have been through the trauma of lossing a child! x

I am going through a similar situation. In December I suffered a missed mc. We found out at 10 weeks but the baby died at 8 weeks. I am preggo again and currently 6+ weeks (almost 7). Yesterday I started to spot for under an hour. I went to the MD and the nurse practioner did an ultrasound. They saw the baby and the heartbeat, which is awesome! But they also found a subchorionic bleed which explains the spotting. 2 NP's said these types of bleed happen all the time and usually dissolve on their own. I hope they are right but I am obviously at a higher risk for a mc. If the bleed gets larger than it can cause the placenta to detach and lead to a mc. I am praying hard it doesn't happen. I have another appt with my actual MD on monday. I hope the bleed is gone or at least getting smaller.

I wish us all healthy pregnancies!! Good luck

Hey I just wanted to say that I was diagnosed as having a subchorionic bleed at 8 weeks and so doctor said to take it easy for 2 weeks e.g. no lifting, no sex ect so as not to agrovate it and I had a scan a few days ago now 10 weeks, and it has reabsorbed! they are so much more common than we realise, just that many people are not diagnosed as they do not bleed outwardly and simply reabsorb in the vast majority of cases. They really can be nothing to much to worry about. Wishing you lots of sticky dust, keep us posted xxx

Anidae - this latest scan must have reassured you immensely. Such great news!
:thumbup:

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I go back this afternoon for another ultrasound and exam by my MD. I am hoping the bleed has started to reabsorb or my MD has a plan. So very afraid to lose this baby. I will keep you all posted.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I go back this afternoon for another ultrasound and exam by my MD. I am hoping the bleed has started to reabsorb or my MD has a plan. So very afraid to lose this baby. I will keep you all posted.

Good luck at your app hope, although i'm sure you won't need it at all. BUT some sticky dust never goes a miss :dust::dust::dust:

Well, the appointment didn't get well. The baby didn't grow and they couldn't find a heartbeat. The clot was gone but they found a second yolk sak which meant identical twins. They think something happened during the cell division. Since this is my second miscarriage in 4 months my MD sent us for genetic testing. My d&c is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I am so heartbroken. I really thought this time the bean was going to last. Instead we sent up 2 angels to heaven to be with our last baby. Plus I still feel pregnant with all the symptoms. ;-(

sorry to hear the sad news hope! my thoughts are with you at this difficult time :hugs:
I can't begin to imagen what your going through being through it myself one time is bad enough on its self but to go through it again and again the heartache must be unbelievable. I'm glad your getting genetic testing done finally now and that will give you reasurence to know the outcome of that! i really hope you have a baby of your own to cherish one day! prays are with you hun xx

Hope - sorry to hear of your news. Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thank you. It is very difficult for us right now. I can't sleep and want answers but I have a feeling the genetic testing isn't going to help much. What if our genes just don't mesh? Than we will never be able to have our own children. Such a nightmare. I feel I am going down this never ending hole and will never make it out the same. I am praying every second for this to go away and it all to be a bad dream. But it's my reality and I truly can't believe it's all happening again.

Oh no Hope, I'm so so sorry :hugs::hugs:

I doubt that anything or any words will make you feel better right now xx

You make sure you look after and be kind to yourself and give yourself time to grieve and get through this difficult time hun :hugs:

I hope the results from the next lot of tests gives you the best news possible. Let us know how that goes. Will be thinking of you :hugs2:

Well, the appointment didn't get well. The baby didn't grow and they couldn't find a heartbeat. The clot was gone but they found a second yolk sak which meant identical twins. They think something happened during the cell division. Since this is my second miscarriage in 4 months my MD sent us for genetic testing. My d&c is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. I am so heartbroken. I really thought this time the bean was going to last. Instead we sent up 2 angels to heaven to be with our last baby. Plus I still feel pregnant with all the symptoms. ;-(

I'm so incredibly sorry and am heartbroken for you. I was hoping so hard that everything would be OK for you. I am pleased you will have the genetic councelling and pray you get some answers from it. Nature seems so cruel at times like this. Thinking of you both xxx

HopeAlways - my thoughts are with you at this time. I am so sorry you are having to go through this all over again. I really hope you get some answers with the genetic testing - we're all thinking of you xx

Thanks everyone. It is a tough time and I don't really know what to do with myself. We are moving to a new home in 2 days and I can't even get excited about that. Plus I am a little sore and not really getting the necessary packing done. Such a nightmare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->