Anyone pregnant again after MMC?

Gotta' ask... how are each of you dealing with the emotional turmoil that goes along with being pregnant after miscarriage? I know everyone is different, but some days I feel like a basket case. I just would like some ideas as to how to pass the time and get through this critical period. I hope all is well with everyone!

Just hoping for the best I suppose! Its sooo hard to try and enjoy being pregnant. I don't know about you but I seem to be wishing the time away, praying to get to the magical 12 weeks :dohh:

I wish we were blissfully ignorant to the negative possibility of pregnancy and get to enjoy it more.

I have had one early scan and all was well but bubs measured 7+2. The last time bubs stopped growing at 7+5 so it has not reassured me much. I am thinking of having a private scan done in the next couple of weeks as I don't think I can wait another 3/4 weeks to be sure everything is ok.

I think having a scan is the best way to help me get through without losing my mind totally :wacko:

So sorry to hear of your news coco84. I know there's no words anyone can say to make things better. I will pray that God will work everything out for you according to His plan and give you peace that passes all understanding.

Hi girls-

coco im sorry, let us know, maybe you aren't as far as you think...is that possible?

Willy- honestly, the thing that got me through this time has been my doppler that we bought. I had a scan at 7 weeks and since then, just heard baby at doctor's at 10 weeks so we bought our own. Listen every single day and it really really helps.

Just had my NT genetic screen ultrasound today. Haven't had one for over 4 weeks and was soooooooo nervous. I have a baby! Yayayayay. I am amazed at the way it looks like a baby now. My NT measurement was good, baby's HB was good. Movin around a bit, seemed like a positive experience to me, and I hope I can relax now. Even at 12 weeks, i still can't! Its very very tough to still think nothing will happen...what is wrong with me?!?!

Hey great news nypage!! :thumbup:

Really happy for you xx :hugs:

Woohoo NYPage1981!! :happydance:
Congrats, looks like a healthy and lively baby xx

Coco- haven't heard any further from you, but you are very much in my thoughts. I really hope you get some good news on Thursday :hugs:

As for me my NT and Dating scan is on Monday 11th April at 3pm. I really hope there is a live and kicking baby in there - i guess you just don't know :shrug:

Hugs to everyone xx

Woohoo NYPage1981!! :happydance:
Congrats, looks like a healthy and lively baby xx

Coco- haven't heard any further from you, but you are very much in my thoughts. I really hope you get some good news on Thursday :hugs:

As for me my NT and Dating scan is on Monday 11th April at 3pm. I really hope there is a live and kicking baby in there - i guess you just don't know :shrug:

Hugs to everyone xx

Of course there will be :thumbup: Monday will be here before you know it :hugs:

I had a mmc in dec 09- opted for medical management which involved taking various tablets to induce the miscarriage. Spent the day in hospital where the midwives were lovely then home in the evening. Had weeks of heavy bleeding but other than that few other problems.

So hard hearing of all these mmc- but thought i would give you all a bit of hope- I gave birth to my little boy on 6th January this year. Spent the whole 9 months a nervous wreck constantly worrying that something would go wrong but it didn't. It's hard when you're going through it but stay strong. Its so worth the months of worry.

Take care each one of you! X

Thank you and im sorry about your loss May. Hope you are enjoying your new little bundle.

Glacie- how did your scan go?

Coco- how are you doing?

I bought a fetal doppler last year, but haven't learned how to use it. The instructions are very vague. I think I've got sense enough to use it, but I'm not sure how to tell the difference between my heartbeat and the baby's. I know mine is supposed to be slower, but sometimes mine runs really fast when I'm nervous or BP is up. I hope all is well with everyone. I haven't been on here in a while.

Congrats on your bubs maybee :hugs:

How did the scan go Glaciergirl??

I have a doppler also and have managed to find the heartbeat already. It was sooo great to hear it as I was starting to have doubts again but all seems well. It is really hard to find (I gave myself a sore tummy with all the prodding) :dohh:

It is really low down, just at the hair line and the doppler has to be angled in funny directions to get down and under the bone but def worth the wait. Hope you can find the heartbeat Willyandcourt x

I bought a fetal doppler last year, but haven't learned how to use it. The instructions are very vague. I think I've got sense enough to use it, but I'm not sure how to tell the difference between my heartbeat and the baby's. I know mine is supposed to be slower, but sometimes mine runs really fast when I'm nervous or BP is up. I hope all is well with everyone. I haven't been on here in a while.

Not sure how far along you are but if it helps:

I'm 9.4 weeks - Put the doppler on your breast bone and listen to your own heart so you know roughly what yours sounds like. Then start on the hairline at your pubic bone and push relatively hard downwards.
Very slowly, angle the doppler it all directions. You will hear the placenta (whooshing sound) and your heartbeat in several places but bubs is usually just to the side of or under your own.

Move around the top of the hairline and try all angles (or slightly higher if you are further along). I had to push quite hard to start with but think my uterus is rising now so don't have to go that hard anymore.

Baby's heartbeat will sound like a train or a galloping horse and much faster than your own. You will def know when you hear it.

I didn't think much of the instructions either and underestimated just how far down bubs was but hope this helps a bit. :thumbup:

Sorry, just seen you are over 10 weeks on your ticker :dohh:

Thanks. I'll try it this evening when I get home from work. Another question. I've read in various places that having a full bladder is helpful. At the doc's office, they didn't say one way or another. What do you think?

They do recommend a full bladder but I have only ever found it with an empty one. :dohh: I would try both!!

Let us know how you get on x

I tried it when I got home and got to hear the baby's heartbeat. I wasn't coordinated enough to count it myself and the doppler wasn't registering a number. I thought it was neat how I could hear my pulse in one area and the baby's in another just slightly off to the side of where I could hear mine. At one point, I heard both at the same time and what I believe to be placental noise (whooshing), so I'm thinking it's a little early to get a good count on the baby's. But... I did hear it and could definitely tell a difference. Mine was slower and the baby's was definitely faster and like some of you said "sounds like a galloping horse". And my bladder wasn't exactly full.

so sorry coco my thoughts are with you and your OH! I can't imagen the pain and heartache you are in! I had a mmc in january 09 found out at 12week scan baby had stopped growing at 10.5weeks it was devestating for me! this time round i am very nervous i had an early scan last week and saw babys heartbeat but i am still very much worried that history is going to repeat its self! im praying everything will be ok this time but its so hard to hold on to hope when you have been through the trauma of losing a child! I dread ultrasounds and get so worked up about them now :( i just want to be able to enjoy my pregnancy like most woman but the thought is always in the back of my mind! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->