Anyone pregnant again after MMC?

Thats great news Hollie, as long as everything is measuring where it should :thumbup: Next one will be even better x

Hi nypage, huge gongrats hun :happydance: That sounds great too!! Apparently after you have heard a heartbeat especially as far on as 10 weeks, the percentages of anything going wrong are really really low so chin up, everything will be great!!! :hugs:

Thanks vic! I, like you, just had it all worked up in my head each of these 3 times that ive gone in, expecting there to be no heartbeat. I've sobbed each time also out of serious surprise. It is shocking and amazing what can be, so just be hopeful for monday.

I hope that we can all get to 13 weeks or thereabouts, and feel relief and begin to enjoy this. I wouldn't wish this anxiety and fear on anyone and am super jealous of the women who are more naive and confident right away.

I realized yesterday I wasn't even expecting to get to 11 weeks when my doctor asked if i've scheduled NT genetic screen ultrasound. I told him I would not be scheduling that very far in advance since I never see myself that far! He thinks im nuts, no joke.

Hi

I m/c Sept 09 at 7 weeks. Was told after tests last year I had a 1% chance of getting pregnant naturally. I lost 21lbs in weight and all of a sudden, I'm pregnant. Has come as a real big shock. I had accepted that at 41, I would not have a family. I feel awful saying it but I swing from worry about m/c, downs, birth defects to actually wishing it had never happened as I am happy with the way things are in my life at the moment. I think it is just fear though. I daren't be happy until I know things are going to be ok and I am over the first 3 months.

Hi

I m/c Sept 09 at 7 weeks. Was told after tests last year I had a 1% chance of getting pregnant naturally. I lost 21lbs in weight and all of a sudden, I'm pregnant. Has come as a real big shock. I had accepted that at 41, I would not have a family. I feel awful saying it but I swing from worry about m/c, downs, birth defects to actually wishing it had never happened as I am happy with the way things are in my life at the moment. I think it is just fear though. I daren't be happy until I know things are going to be ok and I am over the first 3 months.

I can relate to the same fear and worries as I've had a MC last year June '10 (Age 36). I'm pregnant again, but really scared that I'll have another MC. Only time will tell how things will turn out.

Congrats on your pregnancies ladies- I am pretty sure the only possible thing we can do at this point is think positive, send positive thoughts to our baby, and maybe talk to it? That all sounds like a load of crap im sure but lets just let our babies know that we do have faith in them. Hey, they do studies showing talking to plants and flowers makes them grow better so why not give it a shot! I have tried talking to this one and so far im making it past my MC previously so I am just going with it !

Hello ladies-

I TTC for almost 2 years total with a MMC in 09. We saw Heartbeat twice and then had a scan at 9 weeks and it had stopped like a day after I saw the flicker again at 6.5weeks. Since the MC it had been over a year of TTC and finally am now. I started brown spotting at around 5 weeks and prepared for the worst again but my scan showed baby and heartbeat. Still, I wasnt too hopeful. A week later, another scan showed baby and heart beat and growth of 7 days. This was nice, but I still knew it could fail. Then I went a few weeks without one and still spot brown. Well, yesterday I was ready to hear that it was a MMC again but they found the HB externally on doppler. My doctor was not concerned with ordering a scan since we heard the HB at 160. Doctor said dont worry about the brown, it is obviously not affecting the baby. Im so happy but still scared.....I wish I knew when we could relax because hearing/seeing the heartbeat is still not allowing me to breathe any easier!

Thats amazing news I hope so much that it continues to stick for you xxxxxx

Hey girls, well I had my scan today and all seemed OK, we had a little heart beat, I'm in shock. But I posted about it in it's own thread so please see how I went on. I need to learn to relax a little!!!!!!!!

Hi

I can relate to the same fear and worries as I've had a MC last year June '10 (Age 36). I'm pregnant again, but really scared that I'll have another MC. Only time will tell how things will turn out.

Hey ladies, massive congrats :happydance::happydance:

Hey girls, well I had my scan today and all seemed OK, we had a little heart beat, I'm in shock. But I posted about it in it's own thread so please see how I went on. I need to learn to relax a little!!!!!!!!

Awwe, thats great news :hugs: Like you say, time to relax (easier said than done) but thats one mountain climbed and out the way. Yay!!! Bring on the next lol :dohh:

Yay anidae and thanks for the well wishes!

I went to the doc again today. I went potty and there was this blob of dark brown. Come ONNNN. So he said come in, we will listen for heart beat again. We heard it and thats nice, but im just not sure its convincing me! I need to settle down too. I wish there was like "prozac for pregnant ladies" or something to take!

Yay anidae and thanks for the well wishes!

I went to the doc again today. I went potty and there was this blob of dark brown. Come ONNNN. So he said come in, we will listen for heart beat again. We heard it and thats nice, but im just not sure its convincing me! I need to settle down too. I wish there was like "prozac for pregnant ladies" or something to take!

Och big :hugs: Nature is so bloody cruel sometimes, making you worry like that :dohh:

Great thungs are good and I'm sure all will be absolutely fine.

PS if you find out about the prozac, be sure and share your knowledge lol

Haha!!!! I wouldn't recommend starting Prozac girls. It might be ok to stay on if you were already taking it and being monitored by a physician. Sometimes the risks of untreated depression are higher than taking the meds, but otherwise antidepressants have risks during pregnancy: low birth weight, heart defects, preterm delivery, etc... I hate to get all technical on you but just thought you should know since it came up.

Hey everyone!
Just wanted to say massive congrats to HopeAlways for that longwanted BFP!! I remember you from TTCAL so you are very welcome here!
Also congrats to all those ladies, Hoolie and Anidae and NYPage for healthy scans - must be so amazing to see a good scan and have a bit of hope again, stay positive ladies xx

I had my midwife booking in Appt on Friday and have to say it was brilliant. I have the team leader, and she is obviously very experienced in dealing with women who have had mc. She didn't barge in with questions about breastfeeding and where I wanted to give birth (which is what happened last time, and the baby had already mmc but I wasn't aware). We just agreed that certain things did not need to be discussed until after dating scan - which made me feel a lot more relaxed.

I hope you all have equally good experiences with your own midwives - don't be afraid to be honest and say that there are certain things that can be left to discuss later. For me that was what really messed me up last time - all the planning, building up hopes and dates - so I have avoided all of that, I don't even know my due date, lol!!

Quick up date on Symptons (had virtually none last time):
24 hour Nausea started from 6 weeks
Extreme tiredness (going to bed at 9pm every day!) from 6 weeks till now
Morning sickness - I am vomiting in the mornings after breakfast 3-4 times a week from 7 weeks to now (10 weeks). So yes toilet bowl is familiar!
Very sore bigger boobs + nipples
Sensitive abdomen and bloating
Only really eating carbohydrates to keep nausea away, lol! Only Batchelors Supernoodles keep the sickness away strangely!!

Take care everyone xx

Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well :hi:

Well, I had an early scan this morning and everything looks good so far. Got to see the heartbeat and gummy bear measured about 7+2 so seems to be right on track!!! :happydance::happydance:

I was sooo nervous and really thought it would be bad news again. The midwife seemed to take forever but finally said it was good news :cloud9:

glacier, so glad you had a wonderful appt!

Vic, congrats again on the scan!!

Gotta' ask... how are each of you dealing with the emotional turmoil that goes along with being pregnant after miscarriage? I know everyone is different, but some days I feel like a basket case. I just would like some ideas as to how to pass the time and get through this critical period. I hope all is well with everyone!

Hey ladies!

Sad update from me. Had a scan on thursday. very shocked to find out we are expecting IDENTICAL TWINS. unfortunatly neither of babies had a heartbeat so we are having rescan on thursday to confirm.

we are heartbroken at the moment.

xx

So sorry to hear that Coco hun :hugs:

Hope all goes as smoothly as it possibly can for you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member