Anyone Pregnant at 38 with their first?

CONGRATS Raquel!! Sorry to hear about the complications but glad you both are okay! I am getting so anxious to have my little one!

Stacey- That sounds scary! I too would have gone to the doctor. I think I am at times overly cautious.

Heidi- Joe is adorable! They grow so fast!!

Hi everyone.

Congrats Jessie! Hope you are well.

Stacey, glad everything has calmed down again.

Kiley, enjoy the calm before the storm! Apart from going overdue, I really liked the last 10 weeks of pregnancy.

Heidi, odd that your doctor wouldn't let you drive for six weeks post section. Mine said I could be OK after 2, but to just check I could do an emergency stop and a fast head check to each side without it feeling like my stitches were pulling. I'm only on paracetamol and ibuprofen now though, so perhaps with more serious meds she wouldn't let me.

As for me, Baby M is almost two weeks old now. It felt like it took forever to get out of hospital, but the last week at home has gone quickly, especially since my husband went back to work. She's doing really well and I'm recovering nicely. It does seem odd being at home all day every day after working full time for so long, so going a little stir crazy. I think this will improve once I can start to get out and about a bit, though.

Raquel, Heidi wants to create a baby thread for all of us, so when it's up, make sure that you join. I think she posted it on the 'bump buddies' thread in this forum. Kiley was already on that thread from TTC, and it seems like only she and I are left pregnant on this one... I got lonely, so started to post over there. :blush:

My first pregnancy I was 40 at conception and 41 at birth. I had not problems with my 1st pregnancy. Since then I have had 2 mc and am currently 7 weeks praying this one is successful. Good luck. I think us older moms have it great as we have matured and can handle what life brings our way. :thumbup:

Hi again everyone!
I haven't been on since I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl, so I'm just checking in on everybody to see how everyone is doing.

My daughter will be 11 weeks on Friday and she is growing so much. So everyone enjoy your pregnancy status and when your babies born the newborn stage it goes so quickly!

I'm gonna post a picture of my daughter soon I just haven't been online much and I can't do it through my phone.

I hope this thread continues past the pregnancy stage into the baby stage for everyone so we can continue to chat and get advice from each other.

I'm just struggling with being a new mommy and trying to get my weight back down. I had between seven and 12 pounds to lose to get down to my prepregnancy weight. I'm trying to exercise and eat well but the weaknesses during pregnancy and junk food habits die hard.

Good luck to you all and will chat soon!

Heidi was trying to set up a thread for us in the baby forum, but I think she has been busy too :) Maybe when that is set up, we can migrate there??

Good to hear from you Jenny! And remember it took about 9 months to gain the weight, so give yourself some time to get it off. 7 to 12 pounds left at 11 weeks postpartum is not bad at all! You are doing great Mama!

I hope that everyone is still well here!! I've been posting in the 'bump buddies' thread, but I really want to hear all about your babies too! Do we have a graduation thread in the baby forum yet?

Hi ladies!
Sorry I haven't been around, things are busy with a baby and it's not ideal replying on my phone.
I didn't do the baby thread yet but will do soon. Good to see everyone is ok, not long now Stacey and Kiley!!

Joe is 11 weeks now and weighs 11.5 lb. After losing 14% birth weight he is slowly getting there and has been having 200ml formula over 3 bottles to top up breastfeeding for the past month. He doesn't sleep much but I seem to be used to it now! Generally a 3.5 -4 hour stretch from 10pm then a couple of 1-2hour stretches with feeds when he wakes. Thankfully he is in a bedside cot so I don't have to get out of bed.

Yea not long now. I'm definitely not feeling ready. I still have a million things to do. Any advice for the last two weeks? I wish you ladies were still around more, but I guess you just figure things out as you go. I'm glad Joe is doing well, but sorry you don't get much sleep. From what my friends tell me it gets better, usually around month 3-4, so you are almost there :)

Hi everyone - great to see some activity back on this thread. Like the majority of you, I've gone MIA a bit since Bub arrived. She will be 8 weeks old tomorrow - waiting for her arrival seems like a very long time ago. I'm tired (who isn't?) but we are both going really well. I seem to have recovered completely and all my baby weight has just gone, which I'm putting down to breastfeeding as I've made no particular effort to lose it. Little M is wonderful. She is becoming more of a person every day and is very smiley and sweet. She's proving to be a really good night sleeper with usually two or sometimes only one wake up, but is totally compensating for this by not sleeping much in the day. I spent a lot of time trying to 'fix' this, but now am just rolling with it - there's only so much time you can spend shush-patting a wide-awake new born. Anyhow, I know I'm onto a good thing with the night sleep, so I'm pretty happy.

Stacey, for the last few weeks I recommend the following, either things I did that totally paid off, or things I wish I did - plenty here to keep you busy...
- set up an account to order groceries online and have them home delivered
- get a nightlight you can adjust to a really low-light setting for nighttime feeds (bright light = wide awake baby)
- if you're planning to breastfeed, get yourself some lanolin cream and some breastfeeding tops for easy access
- make sure you have tried out the car seat, stroller, etc, so you aren't trying to work these for the first time with a crying baby on your hands.
- get batteries for the baby bouncer/swing, white noise generator, etc.
- Read up on soothing/settling methods and decide which ones appeal to you (again, much easier to do when you don't have a crying baby on your hands)
- get hold of as many local take-away food menus as possible. Also, the contact details for a cleaner, gardener, etc, just in case you need them later on.
Also, make sure you enjoy some me-time, whether reading a book, getting a haircut or whatever. Good luck and make sure you keep us up to date!

I am going for fetal assessments twice a week now, in addition to seeing my doctor once a week, so I am spending a lot of time at the hospital these days :) Gremlin is measuring 6 pounds 15 oz. approximately - a little on the smaller side based on the average (30th percentile), but pretty usual. She is perfect by all accounts and has a lot of hair - almost an inch! She is head down and in the ready position, but my doctor says she isn't ready to be born just yet, so I will have a to wait a bit! I will keep everyone updated. Please keep letting us (me?) know how your babies are doing. They all sound so amazing!!

Hi ladies, good to hear from all you who have had their babies! I have been (or trying to) posting in the Bump Buddies thread as well. Nesting majorly set in for me the last two weeks so I have been using all of my spare time getting things ready for baby. And work has been crazy as well. Just found out last week that there will be 1000 layoffs at my company. I will know in about 2-4 weeks how that will affect my position. What I do know is that I will still be around long enough for the company to pay for my maternity leave at least. After that, I may be going back to work after leave only for a couple more months and then back home with baby. So what ever shakes out here, will dictate whether or not I will be a stay at home Mama or not. Not stressed about it, since we do not rely on my income, but I just hate not knowing my fate at work yet.

I am on weekly doc appointments now. Last week at 35.5 weeks baby was measuring 6 pounds already! Doc said if I make it to 40 he will most likely induce since I am so petite he doesn't want baby to get too big to deliver vaginally. So far no labor symptoms. I am hoping she stays in there until 38-39 weeks so I can get everything done!

Had a doctor appointment today. Monitoring showed I am contracting a little already so doc checked my cervix. I am 3 cm dilated and 80% effaced! Doc said to expect baby in about one to two weeks!!! Hoping it is closer to two though. I still have stuff to get done!!

Re: getting stuff done. If my baby had come early I would have been in so much trouble :haha:

Lol! I at least made sure to have the essentials just in case. But with my type a personality, I just want EVERYTHING done before she gets here. :)

Just a quick one to let you know I have created a thread in the Baby Club forum. It's called TTC over 38, Phase 3, Baby Buddies.

Looks like you'll all be joining soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->