Anyone pregnant with #2 and feeling different this time around?

CaT1285

Expecting :)
Reaction score
As in, not quite as excited?

We had to try for a little while with our first, and expected the same this time around. We liked having a baby in the summertime last year, so we decided to try for a few months this year and then try again around the same time next year if we didn't get pregnant. So I was taking a long view. Well, we got pregnant the first try! I'm thrilled to not have to worry about TTC, but totally shocked that I'm pregnant and feeling like I didn't have time to get excited/impatient about conceiving. Not complaining, but it's such a different feeling than the first time around. I'm a little worried that we're not ready or we haven't really thought it through!

Anyone else having some different feelings about being pregnant the second time around?

I'm currently on my 4th pregnancy, with the 2nd ending in a miscarriage. Each time I felt different. The first I felt scared and anxious most of the time as he wasn't planned. 2nd was but something didn't feel quite right, 3rd I was worrying about the same thing happening but relieved when TTC part was over as it took almost a year. This time I can actually enjoy it without the worry. I guess it really is just what life throws at you and how you cope with it. I also noticed with my 3rd pregnancy I didn't have the time to enjoy it as much as my first as I had to look after DS, so I spent less time focusing on me and the pregnancy if that makes sense.

This is me exactly! We wanted to be pregnant by may so decided to try. Well we got a bfp! My dd will be one next week. I keep wondering if I should have waited longer. I am sooo happy and feel blessed, but like you, I thought I would have a few more months mentally to get ready. Luckily we have 8 more months lol.

I'm feeling exactly the same way! It took us around 18months to get pregnant with my little dude and were about to start ivf,we sort of assumed that it would take a while when trying for number 2. Yet here I am pregnant after about 4 light hearted goes at trying.
Don't get me wrong I'm thrilled just like you said about not having to get worried and all that but it all happened sooner than I thought and obviously I want all to go well with this pregnancy and have a baby at the end of it all but I'm a little petrified about having 2 under 2! I worry that I won't be able to handle it!x

I'm currently on my 4th pregnancy, with the 2nd ending in a miscarriage. Each time I felt different. The first I felt scared and anxious most of the time as he wasn't planned. 2nd was but something didn't feel quite right, 3rd I was worrying about the same thing happening but relieved when TTC part was over as it took almost a year. This time I can actually enjoy it without the worry. I guess it really is just what life throws at you and how you cope with it. I also noticed with my 3rd pregnancy I didn't have the time to enjoy it as much as my first as I had to look after DS, so I spent less time focusing on me and the pregnancy if that makes sense.

I'm exactly the same as this, 4th pregnancy with our second being a mmc. I too felt different each time and the level of excitement isn't the same either. I even noticed that other people didn't seem to be as interested this time either, in fact after ds2 was born that was the feeling I felt the most; it seemed that nobody was interested in the baby after the initial visits stopped.

You're right! My family was excited still, but when we told dh family, thy said "wow, aren't they a little close? Financially, are you sure, etc" soooooo annoyed!

Yes, but it's still early. I'm still excited, but I have an older child and a lot more going on. I was much younger and knew a lot less last time, this time it just seems like less of a big deal. I'm excited, but it's not the same. And that isn't a bad thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->