Anyone starting IVF cycle in April/May?

Yearningheart - I saw your post about how difficult the menopour injection was for you :growlmad: Has anyone suggested heat or cold to you? As you know I haven't got this far myself yet but I saw a thread somewhere else on this (sorry I can't remember where) and there seemed to be a divide about who preferred what, presumably everyone is slightly different. Some posters were advocating to ice the area first then put something warm on afterwards if it still stings and others said that the ice made it worse but that they found warming the area first helped. Not sure that is much help to be honest but if it's hurting anyway it might be worth trying the heat or ice. Hope it gets easier for you.

lizzie - Oh thanks for that advice! Yep I will try that, anything is worth a try for me. Yesterday was my second day of Menopur and it killed, my tears just rolled from my eyes and my husband kept saying thats it done. It for few seconds only but those few seconds hurt like mad. I will try ice method today and lets see if that does any good.

Hope the ice has helped, if not try the heat tomorrow. I know it's only for a short while but it has to be much better if you don't have to dread it! :hugs:

Lizzie - Guess what?! I just had the Menopur injection now. I tried heating the area instead of the ice since ice was not ready and it was much much better than yesterday. Yes there was a little pain but not so bad. I think I will continue the heat method and see. Thanks so much!! :flower: x

YearningHeart - I'm on the Gonal F injection & it hurts slighlty when the liquid goes in but not half as much as the one your on from the sounds of it. I didn't realise how many different types of IVF drugs there were until i started reading all the threads.
I'm having mu next scan on Friday to see if everything is going as it should after that if its all going as plan i should be having my eggs harvested next week. It all seems so really now & i'm begining to get a tad nervous.
How is everyone else doing?

emz - Ohhh how exciting!!! Looking forward to hearing your updates. How many days has it been you taking Gonal- F? I found Gonal-F much much better than Menopur injection and yes same here, I had no idea how many types of meds they have for IVF. At first I thought everyone has the same meds in IVF but everyones meds varies.

I dont know if this would help, but whenever I would take Gonal-F I would always lie on the bed on the side and then my husband would inject it on the side of my thigh and I would change the leg and location everyday. Once though I was sitting on the sofa and my husband did the Gonal-F injection and it hurt a lot so I made sure since then I would always be lying on the bed or so.

Hope everyone is doing well. xxx

Yearningheart, so excited you've started stimms, I cant wait to start
Good advice from lizzie, I'm remembering all the good advice you ladies have!

Emz, good luck on Friday, does it seem like it's all going quick for you?

Afm, no appointment yet but they might be waiting for my last blood test results, lh/fsh which they should have end of this week, ive had them before and they were fine but they wanted a more in date result

star - Yeah the advices do help. During my first IVF I used to ask so many questions and the ladies on this forum would really help. It just helps to speak to those with experience I guess. Hey dont worry your time will come fast, I remember when I used to read other peoples updates I used to think Ohhhh why is my process so slow! lol

Yearningheart - I've been injecting for 6 days now & i seem to be ok doing it into my tummy. I do have a small bruise on one side so i've moved back to the other side for a few days. The ladies in the clinic did say that it might bruise so not to worry to much about it.
Did you feel really tired all the time whilst doing this cos i think i could quite easily sleep for England at the moment lol

Star25 - When we first started being seen at the Fertility clinic everything seemed to be so slow & we kept having to wait 3 - 6 months for everything but since being referred for IVF in Jan it has all happened really quickly & i can't quite believe that next week they will be egg collecting.
Fingers crossed you hear something soon xx

emz - haha is it? Umm... Nah I think sleeping is normal for me. What injection are you taking?
(Its nice to have someone on same stage - Today is day 5 of the Menopur injection, 1 day behind you) I cant wait to finish but at the same time really nervous of the outcome.

emz - haha is it? Umm... Nah I think sleeping is normal for me. What injection are you taking?
(Its nice to have someone on same stage - Today is day 5 of the Menopur injection, 1 day behind you) I cant wait to finish but at the same time really nervous of the outcome.

I'm on the Gonal F injection & still sniffing the nasal spray but i can't remember what it's called.
I really want it to be Friday so i can have my scan & see whether it is all working how it should but then i think 'what if it's not what happens then?'
Hopefully if all goes to plan & they do the egg collection next week & put them back 3 -5 days later I only have the following week at work as I'm on holiday after that so i can just relax & cross everything lol

Oh right. Yeah I know the wait can be pretty annoying but I have to say the hardest and longest wait is the 2ww after embryo transfer. That feels likes forever. Just 2 more days to go excluding today so not too long left. By the sounds of it they might just do the egg collection next week so time hopefully! Eeeeekk quite excited for you! I will be waiting for your Friday update.
I have my scan tomorrow. I hope everything goes well. I think I will be starting the Cetrotide injections tomorrow. Lets see.

Oh right. Yeah I know the wait can be pretty annoying but I have to say the hardest and longest wait is the 2ww after embryo transfer. That feels likes forever. Just 2 more days to go excluding today so not too long left. By the sounds of it they might just do the egg collection next week so time hopefully! Eeeeekk quite excited for you! I will be waiting for your Friday update.
I have my scan tomorrow. I hope everything goes well. I think I will be starting the Cetrotide injections tomorrow. Lets see.

Hope your scan goes well i will keep my fingers crossed for you :flower:
I am dreading the 2ww but thankfully my holiday will the the second week so at least i don't have to sit at work constantly thinking about it.

Last nights injection hurt more than usual so i wasn't a happy bunny but i just think my tummy must be getting sensitive to being stabbed once a day lol

Yeah sometimes the area does become sensitive. I do my injections on the thigh. I'm at the fertility clinic right now. Just had the scan, they said they can't tell how many eggs yet, there are few very little follicles. I'm waiting to be called by the nurse for blood test and tell/show us how to use the Cetrotide.
Looking forward to your Fridays update. X

Yearningheart, what is the blood test for? Hope alls going well for you, ill be having everything crisis for you

Emz, hope it starts to feel better for you soon, when is your scan?

Star - The blood test was to check hormone level, it was fine. I have my next scan on Friday. It was supossed to be Monday but they checked the blood and said I have to go in on Friday. So far everything seems fine and well, I just hope this works.

Today was first day of Cetrotide injection (Which my husband did on the tummy). So currently I am taking 2 injections a day, cant wait for this injection phase to pass. Every time I have it, I dread it. Hope all you ladies doing well. xx

I hope it works for you too and all is us, ill just be glad to start, how many days are the injections for? I bet I'll be hopeless and take ages to work my way up to actually doing it!

Yearningheart - So we are both in for scans tomorrow then, i'm getting really nervous now cos I just want everything to go smoothly. My appointment is at 8am which i so early but i think it's better than having to wait. What time are you in?

Star25 - My scan is tomorrow so fingers crossed all is well & hopefully we should be able to see the little follies. You will be fine when it comes to the injections, i was just the same thinking i wouldn't be able to do it but i was quite suprised that i just sat & did it myself with no help. Just don't rush yourself when you have to do it & try to relax.

Fingers crossed for us all x

Star - I know the injections seem pretty crazy, I mean when I first found out that I had to have injections done regularly I was like 'no way!' but when the time comes it's alright because you just have one thing in mind and that's a baby. In my first IVF I was on stims for like 14days but I've heard it is usually near 10days. It all depends on the body, everyone's body responses differently. I hope I don't have to do stims for too long. I can't wait for you to start

Emz - yep we both have our scan tomorrow, I hope we both come back with good news. Don't be nervous, hopefully all is good. My scan is at 10am and I'm really excited to go but yeah little nervous too... Haha and I'm telling you not to be nervous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->