Anyone starting IVF cycle in April/May?

Cant wait for tomoros updates!
Good luck ladies x

Hi Ladies, crazy week at work so only just catching up.

Emz and Yearningheart hope the scans have shown that everything is on track, waiting for you updates with everything crossed :flower:

Star - it will be our turn soon :hugs: . When do you think you will hear from your clinic?

Lizzie, it's Been nearly 5 weeks now and they said I should get appointment through within 6 weeks, I'll give it another week then ring them, they should have my last blood results now so think they must have been waiting for them as I had to wait ages for af to start, how are you?

We might end up starting around the same time lizzie if my appointment hurries up!

Hey ladies! Wow this thread has been busy! I'm having my injection-free day today and egg collection is tomoro morning at 9am. Not nervous about the procedure as I'll be sedated but I'm worried about egg numbers and quality. Fingers crossed this will be the cycle that works!
How's everyone else getting on with injections? xo

Exciting news twinkle, hope all goes well tomoro, I'm sure it will, update when youre feeling up to it x

Lizzie and Star I cant wait for you both to start! Hopefully its at similar time, it helps when its at same time so you can share the updates :) How exciting!

Star - Yeah if they dont get back you should definitely give them a call.
Lizzie - Any ideas when your treatment is going to start? How are you?

twinkle - Oh great!!!!! Thats excellent news!!! I hope everything goes smooth and well for you tomorrow and you have a good number of eggs with the best quality! You are ahead of us all - I really hope we can have a good spirit in this forum with loads of BFP starting with you. Let us know how it goes once you feel up and well. Cant wait to read your updates.

- As for me, I went for my scan today. Everything is well. The follicles are growing slowly so the nurse said I have to increase the Menopur injection dosage. I have another scan on Monday in the morning. I think I will be on stims for another 5-6 days. I wonder how emz's appointment went. Hope everything went well.

Thanx ladies!
Yearningheart, slow growers are a good thing, they don't want them growing too quickly as the eggs will be of poorer quality and the follicles might be dysfunctional and empty. I had to have an extra couple of days of stims during my last cycle and it did me the world of good.
Emz, any news yet?
I had EC this morning. 9 eggs collected, 8 were mature enough for ICSI. Embryologist phoned this afternoon with an update. He said 2 out of the 8 were very good quality, 2 were a bit soft when they injected the sperm so we're probably realistically hoping for the 6 good ones to fertilise. Wishing this evening and overnight to fly by so we find out how many embies we've got in the morning. Will update u all tomoro xo
Hey to everyone else xo

Twinkle -so excited for you. Hope fertilisation rate is good when they call you tomorrow - be sure to update us.

Yearning heart - slow but steady wins the race ;) things are definitely going in the right direction.

Star, can you give the clinic a call to chivvy them up at all? It's probably a bit different for me because we have to self fund but it hasn't stopped me haranguing my clinic when I think they take too long lol.

Afm I'm fine. Being a bit naughty at the minute having been so good for the last year to get my weight down ready to cycle I'm having a bit of a self sabotage week and eating and drinking everything we shouldn't. I'm giving myself until Monday before being angelic again. I figure if things go my way then I won't be able to have any of this stuff for near enough a year so I'm enjoying it while I can. I'm just waiting for my next AF when I can have my baseline scan so a couple of weeks yet. Acupuncture sessions booked to start At the end of May which feels ages away but I'm sure it will come around quickly. I just want to move forwards and feel like I'm doing something instead of waiting all the time lol!

Twinkle - Ohh thats fantastic!!! Great news!! I look forward to your update, make sure you let us know. Wishing you the best and hoping everything works our perfect for you! x

Lizzie - Awwwww Thanks, yeah I really hope so. I mean last time when I had my IVF they did say slow is good, so yeah lets see. haha your comment made me laugh, I was so like that. I had to lose some good weight to even get into IVF treatment and sometimes its just so hard but with help of others and loads of reasearch I managed however I do wish I lost much more weight before this round but Im not going to stress over that now. Iv just been making sure I am eating the right thing.
Do you a goal in mind you are working towards?
Thats good you have your acupuncture sessions booked, yeah I know it would feel like end of May is forever but when the time comes your going to think 'Oh that went fast'
- Just keep yourself busy in doing things, activity, going out with friends etc. those things really help and time just somehow passes. x

Thanks yearning heart. I got my bmi down to 29 from 39 so am fairly happy with what I've achieved although suspect I'll have about 6lbs to lose after this week. It won't be an issue to shift it before my first appointment I'm just a bit annoyed with myself. It's like I can only be good for so long before I find it difficult to ignore cheese and wine! It will be different if I ever get my bfp I don't mean I'd risk that :)

Twinkle, thats fantastic news, looking forward to today's update, so exciting

Yearningheart, sounds like all going great for you too, update after tomorrows scan, I'm sure this is going to be a lucky thread :)

Lizzie, I know what you mean, ive been naughty, Fri night I had 3 glasses of wine, was out for dinner for a 21st bday but it made me feel bad, my bmi has been fine last couple times they checked, cant remember what it was, im 5ft 6 and 3 quarters and just over 10 stone so I think I better be careful, I used to be so bloody skinny when I was a teenager, now I have a belly I know I will never get rid of! Not that I'm bothered, all I want is a baby!

Emz, how are you?

Hey girls, hope all is well!
Yearningheart, how did your scan go?
Lizzie, try not to stress about being good or bad, you've done so well already losing weight. I really didn't deprive myself that much this time, other than alcohol and I stopped caffeine all together just before stims. I figured being a saint didn't do me much good for our last 2 cycles, so I wasn't gonna make myself miserable this time. However, DH is downstairs with his brother and dad getting stuck into wine, port and cheese now that he's done his bit lol, and I'm a bit jealous!
AFM, our 6 good eggs fertilised and have gone into the EEVA incubator. We'll get another call from the embryologist tomoro morning with an update on the early footage to see how they're progressing, and hopefully an indication of whether it'll be a 3 or 5 day transfer. Really hoping its gonna be a day 5 as we've never got that far before, and it would just give me that extra bit of hope.
Anyway, night everyone, enjoy the bank holiday! Xo

Lizzie - oh wow that's soo good! Bmi from 39 to 29! How long did it take to lose that much? I lost about 3 bmi and that took forever. Don't worry all this struggle will be worth it :) x

Star - Awww thanks! Yep I hope it is a lucky tread for us all. X

Twinkle - how are you? Did the embryologist call? Let us know, looking forward to hearing the updates. X

- I'm at my appointment, waiting to be called for a scan. I really hope they see good number of eggs and they give me a date for the egg collection. I'm too excited and want to move on, can't wait to finish the injections. Lol
Anyways I will update after my appointment. How is everyone else? Are you ladies doing anything special this bank holiday?

Twinkle thats great news, cant wait for your updates! I stopped caffeine a couple of months ago, for a week I had bad headaches but ok now, I sleep better and dont miss caffeine at all, even through a night shift it makes no difference not having it which makes me wonder why I ever tho
ght it did lol, I actually sleep better the day after a night shift after not drinking it all night!

Yearningheart, hope the scan went well and u can finish the injections
Were just taking a picnic to a forest and walking the dog, the only exercise I actually do though it is everyday! Hoping the weather stays sunny

Emz and lizzie, how are you both?

Hi everyone, sorry i haven't been about it was Hubbys birthday yesterday & things were a tad hectic.
Well my scan went well on Friday & we counted at least 9 little follicles but there could be more. I am going for egg collection tomorrow at 10.45am but we have to be there by 9.15am which means an earlyish start for us as we are about an hours drive away & in rush hour traffic should be fun.
Thankfully no injections or anything for me today as i did my trigger shot last night. Slightly nervous for tomorrow but I'm sure all will be fine.
I hope everyone else is ok :) xx

Good luck tomorrow emz, have every hope you have lots of healthy eggs!

Star - Oh that sounds nice, a walk in the forest. That is something I am trying to do every day, a walk since I cant do too much exercise or great body movement.

emz - Ohhhh thats great news!!!!!! How exciting!! Im so happy for you, hopefully they find loads of excellent quality eggs and everything goes smooth and well. Keep us posted on updates.

Hope everyone is doing well. x

- I had my scan today, the follicles are still not big enough, I have about 3 10mm size follicles. It has to reach at least 18mm size in order to go for egg collection so I have to continue the stims all like normal. I have another scan on Friday (I am assuming that will be that last scan before egg collection) The follicles in my body grow slowly (Apparently those with PCOS that is what happens) That is the same thing that happened during my first IVF, I was on stims for like 14 days, same thing is happening this time. I guess everyones body is different. I had another blood test today because they lost my last blood test sheet! Believe it or every scan I went to, I had to do a blood test! All these injections! Cant wait til its over. Anyhow thats enough of me going on. I am hoping and praying we hear good news from emz and twinkle :)

xxxx

Sorry you have to wait longer yearningheart but with all the waiting we have to do it will all be worth it in the end, I know what you mean about the blood tests, they seem never ending and I had to repeat alot for the ivf as when I had done them before it was too long ago and they weren't in date enough!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->