Anyone still poas?

hello_kitty

Reaction score
I bought a pack of 25 pregnancy tests on the week that I got my bfp. I still have about 10 leftover and they expire next month so I randomly poas just for the fun of it and watch the lines show up at the same time. Its a comforting feeling. Is anyone else still doing the same thing? I think I am going to stop once I go to my first appointment next week and if the hb is detected on us.

I did for about 2 weeks after my BFP. Thankfully I had an ultrasound done and all looked normal so I stopped.

I still do from time to time. I'm just so paranoid of losing this one that I'll probably continue (just every once in a while) until I make it out of the first trimester. We lost our last one less than a week after seeing the heartbeat so unfortunately even seeing it this time hasn't helped ease the paranoia.

Yup. I do every few days, plus checking my morning temperature. After lttc - still can't believe it and concerned about things going wrong. Will be 6 weeks this Wednesday. Thankful for all the nausea. :)

Yup. I do every few days, plus checking my morning temperature. After lttc - still can't believe it and concerned about things going wrong. Will be 6 weeks this Wednesday. Thankful for all the nausea. :)

My husband is thankful for the nausea too! I guess I am as well but holy crap it's so bad I'll be even more thankful when it's finally gone.

H&H 9 months to everyone and sorry for previous losses.

Speaking of nausea, I am a bit concerned because this time around I dont think I have any nausea. I only get nauseous if I eat too much and super full. My first kid, I had a lot of nausea. Second kid, mild nausea, and this time nausea doesnt come naturally, only when I overeat...so I am a bit worried waiting for thursday to go to my first appointment.

I have a bit.

I was so worried early on that I tested until sometime in the 4th week (found out at 8dpo). Maybe early into the 5th week. Then I had to stop because I had spent so much money on tests that I probably could've benefited from investing in stock.

I have a few IC left and some opks, so recently I did just out of curiosity in the opk and hpt. I really want to see the hook effect (for some reason) on the hpt and see what the opk does. It's been a couple of weeks though. I still keep itching to buy a cheapy from the store just to test, but I'm 99.9% sure DH will kill me :haha:

Personally, I'd step away from the sticks or you'll go mad! Your hormone levels will start to fluctuate or the tests will vary in quality and you'll get different coloured lines and panic if one is paler than yesterday's! Plus, as sad as it is, a line on a preg test doesn't mean baby is necessarily ok unfortunately :( your hormones can remain high after a loss in some circumstances. Each to your own but I'd personally just try to relax now and not worry about lines on sticks!

Don't worry about nausea either. Not everyone gets morning sickness, it doesn't mean anything is wrong. Each pregnancy is different too, just because you had it first time doesn't mean you'll have similar symptoms this time. Nausea is basically because your body is reacting to high hormone levels in your blood. Some people's bodies cope with/tolerate this just fine, some don't! Bit like tolerating pain meds, I know I cannot tolerate even lower dose ones, they make me throw up. Other people have no problems with them at all! Stay positive ladies, wishing you all a happy 9 months :)

I stopped when I was 16dpo. I have had five early losses and the hallmark of those failing pregnancies was that the tests just never progressed properly. This time, my tests were amazing from so early on. There was one day where the 13dpo test was the same as the 12dpo test and it just brought all the pain of thinking it was happening again crashing down on me. I waited a few days, tested on 16dpo, got an amazing line, and then decided to stop testing. I've stuck to it. For me, it would torture me. I am very tempted to get the 3+ on a clearnlue digital as a kind of milestone, but it was with one of those tests I found out I was miscarrying last time - it was supposed to go up to 3+ but went back down to 1-2 weeks. I have seen my baby with a fluttering heartbeat, but I'm still too scared!

If you're going to keep testing, beware of the hook effect. It can kick in as early as six weeks. When your hormones get to a certain point, they become too high for the tests to work properly and the result is a fainter line (seems such backwards logic doesn't it?). Diluting urine with water counteracts the hook effect.

Good luck at your appointment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->