Anyone testing on Father's Day!?

breakingdawn

Reaction score
So, brief background on me. I have two daughters, one is 7 and the other will be 4 in just a couple of weeks. In 2011 I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost my right tube. A month later is when I got pregnant with DD#2. Some would say a true miracle. :flower:

We have been TTC #3, our last, since March. I will say March was a very lazy effort. April I began using OPKs but started a little late in my cycle and I think missed my surge. Or I simply did not ovulate. :shrug: In May I finally caught a positive OPK, three days of them in fact. But sadly it felt like it came from my right side (no tube side). :nope: My body is on a very regular 28 day cycle, and I ovulated right around CD14 in May.

Praying this month I ovulate from my good side and catch my egg this time! I will be CD9 tomorrow and I will start testing for O. I have decided to hold out until Father's Day to test, even though I could test earlier if I wanted. My DD is having her birthday the day before Father's Day and I did not want to feel sad at her party if it was another :bfn: so I have decided to try and wait.

I may need help to hold out ladies!! Any fellow Father's Day testers out there?? DD#2 was born a whole month early... ON Father's Day in 2012!! My water randomly broke after two weeks of contractions. Maybe this is a lucky sign? Maybe not. Trying not to get my hopes up too high!

Hi there!!

AF may be due around 14 June so I'm wondering if I can hold out and test for Father's Day!

Or - if I break and test earlier, and (fingers crossed its BFP), would I be able to keep it quiet and give him the news as a Father's Day present!!!!

May not work out as my cycle is all over the place.... The above is based on the assumption I will have a 28 day cycle... Instead of the flippin 22 day one that took me by surprise last month!!!!

Im going to be testing between the 13th and 17th but Im totally holding out to tell dh on fathers day. This will be our first so he will be confused as to why hes getting a gift. :) well if I get my :bfp:

heres to fingers crossed for all of us june testers :D

Hi ladies!! :wave: FX to both of you! I am CD10 today. I started testing for O yesterday. I will keep an update here and anyone else is free to keep one another company during the 2ww!

my tww starts today since I had my O yesterday.... Im still pretty excited about it 1st time in 18 months.... this is going to feel like the longest 2w of my life. glad we are all pretty close though :happydance:

I am SO READY to be in the 2ww. Testing for O always makes me nervous. I am always worried I will somehow miss it. In theory I could test a few days before Father's Day but...... I am going to hold out. (As best I can).. LOL

yeah my struggle is going to be keeping my mouth shut until fathers day if I get my :bfp:

I just don't think Ill be able to.......

I may try to wait til like the 18th to test just for that reason lol Ill be 18dpo at that point cant imagine Id be testing too soon....

either way Its going to be a struggle to wait to test or tell....:dohh:

I am waiting to test on Father's Day just because I do not want to be disappointed by a :bfn: at DD2's birthday party the Saturday before. That is the ONLY reason and it is going to be hard holding out.

yeah I totally get that. I don't blame you. maybe this will be our month!

my optimism is way up since starting clomid this month so I guess we will see how the month goes.

This is month 4 for me, really hoping it is. But I have one tube so..... lower odds. :(

Yeah July will be 2 years since I came off bc and we started trying.... I have just found renewed hope lol

2 years.. :( Now I feel bad about complaining for 4 months. I hope this is your month. My CD10 OPK looked pretty much like yesterday so I did not bother with a photo. But that is good because the next BD night is tomorrow which will be quite a bit closer to O!

I just keep telling myself that everything happens for a reason and when the time is right it will happen.... plus I got a promotion today so that helps too :)

we are all greedy when it comes to this we want what we want and we all have it better than someone else. no shame in that we are human

tonight is bd night and even though im almost positive my O was yesterday I think Ill just keep up my everyother night for a couple more days... cant hurt bc my O was cd 19 I just feel like that is insanely late compared to everyone else I have talked to

It definitely does not hurt to keep on an extra day or two! And I really like your positive attitude. Maybe it will rub off on me! I can be a bit of a negative nancy. :( Also a worrier... So, I definitely need you in my cheering section and I will do the same for you! :)

So.. I HAVE to share this. A good friend of mine (who is tiny) had a baby girl very early this morning. Her baby... weighs 10lbs and 9oz!!!! :shock: She had that baby vaginally... no tears.. nothing. :saywhat:

Awwww. Bless her heart that is a big baby!
I only hope when the time comes we can all be that lucky lop

Also like I said earlier this is new found optimism. We will see how that goes if this month ends in another :bfn: I am going to try to give it a few months to work though. We all need cheerleaders :)

bdb I hope this is your month!! Remind me what CD you are on??

AFM: CD12 here and a LOT more O cramping. A lot coming from my good side now. It is safe to say I have NO idea what side it is coming from now. We did the BD last night. I have a good feeling my OPK will be positive today. I am not sure I can get him to do the next 3+ days in a row so I really need to pick carefully. So frustrating because I am not sure if I will get 3 days of pos. OPKs like last time or not!! Advice?

Well ladies, the test line showed up well before the control line. I am so nervous!

Attachments

• cd12.jpg
    cd12.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 2
Here is a comparison of my OPKs. CD13 this morning and tonight.. I know the first two have dried so it is hard to tell, and it could be that this test did not have as much dye as the others. But the test line did not show up WAY before the control line, like my previous two. So I am hoping this means my surge is on the way OUT. I will test tomorrow around noon to see if it is lighter. We did manage to squeeze in a quick BD tonight!

Attachments

• IMG_6647.jpg
    IMG_6647.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2
Here is a comparison of my OPKs. CD13 this morning and tonight.. I know the first two have dried so it is hard to tell, and it could be that this test did not have as much dye as the others. But the test line did not show up WAY before the control line, like my previous two. So I am hoping this means my surge is on the way OUT. I will test tomorrow around noon to see if it is lighter. We did manage to squeeze in a quick BD tonight!

That is great!!!!

Are you counting that day as you O date?

If so you are tww bound with me :hugs:

This is like the best worst part lol I was never ovulating so actually reaching the tww period is pretty exciting :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->