Anyone that has used a Clearblue/blue dye tests in the past.

Amy-x

Mummy to a princess
Reaction score
Hi.

I'm presuming this to be the best place to post as I'm really looking for people that have had experienced with blue dye false positives, dye runs etc, so technically speaking if they was a false positive, you would still be TTC so thought this the best place.

Long story short. I tested this morning BFN. On a Morrisons test. My periods are irregular. LMP date 17th April. I then brought a clear blue as couldn't find any pink dye tests. Little pee was used as I didn't have a long hold as was too anxious to test. It took ages for the test to show result. Looked like a dye run to me at first. But as the test continued clearing the blue say over half an hour the test showed positive. At first you could see the positive line was there. It just took ages for the dye to clear to definitely see the other line. It that makes sense..

Has any one experienced similar and it turned out to be a false positive caused by dye run? Or an EVAP? I will post the 2 photos below.

Also I tested again about 5 minutes after taking the clearblue with the other Morrisons test and was negative.

At first...

Attachments

• 2015-05-25 14.52.02.jpg
    2015-05-25 14.52.02.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 11
After dye had 'emptied' or 'run' or 'gone' from the screen. About a half hour time lapse.

Attachments

• 2015-05-25 17.21.08.jpg
    2015-05-25 17.21.08.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 11
Hi I would be more inclined to trusted the red dye test to be honest and I don't think you should read the clear blue after 30 minutes......it does look like a BFP on CB though....when is AF due? I'd would get another red dye one and test tomorrow on fmu x

Fingers crossed for you

I do have a photo at about the 6 minute mark which is just as clear as that one pretty much. Except in this photo I used the flash and in the other I didn't. The first photo was at about 1 minute.
Even more annoying is I couldn't get any other tests any were with it being bank holiday Monday today. So I will have to get tomorrow. So means FMU the next day! Long wait! So frustrating! I know how bad blue dye tests are, my local Asda just didn't have any red dyes in! Except these blinkin' annoying things! LOL. I will post the photo below of the CB at about 6 ish minutes.
My periods are so messed up. Can range from 20 days to about 40 days. So anything goes with them really. Have no clue if I'm testing early, if I'm late.. Cos ya never know when AF gonna turn up. Typical! Thank you x

About 6 minutes x

Attachments

• 2015-05-25 14.58.48.jpg
    2015-05-25 14.58.48.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 10
Looks like a BFP to me then....you sure there was nothing on red dye one? Could be that urine was a bit diluted

Fx x x

Nope nothing. Even pulled test apart to scrutinise over it. Ha ha. I did take a photo I think. I will have a look and post. X

BFN. x

Attachments

• 2015-05-25 21.50.52.jpg
    2015-05-25 21.50.52.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 10
Yeah definately....give it another day or so and test again x.x

Strange isn't it. Only time will tell I guess........ x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members