anyone- thought you were done/have older kids/ pregnant years later?

TruHope

Reaction score
Anyone else have older kids and now expecting another after thinking you were done for years? I have 5 ages 7-17. Thought five was my number and I was done. Changed my mind. Still kind of scared that we are doing this but very excited!

Anyone else in the same place?

I'm due September 20th :)

I'm kind of in the same situation. I only have two and my youngest is almost 4. I was adamant that we were done, but have changed our minds and will be ttc very soon! Good luck!

I hope your stay on the TTC boards are short!! Sending baby dust your way when you are ready! :)

Meeeee :) 17 & 14 boys with my first ever boyfriend! ... I though I was done until I had a little shock almost 4 years ago when I fell pregnant with my 3rd son :) ... I have since married and almost 7 weeks pregnant with mine & my husbands 1st baby together! ... I love the huge age gap .... it was daunting at first but the relationship my older boys have with my little one is amazing! And knowing that he is going to be a big brother too is so lovely! Life is a little hetic with all the children needing all sorts of different attention but it works and it's fun :) xxxx

I'm unexpectedly pregnant with#9! My oldest is almost 16 & my youngest is only 6 months! I'm going to be 40 in April. We have never had babies this close in age. I'm a bit scared!

Oh my gosh you two we are all due on the same day!!!! Yay!!!!

It's so exciting but so scary too!! ��

I will be 36 on May 1st....... We should all stick together!

Luvallmyh- my first two are 14 months apart, it's difficult but they grow up so close to each other!!

That's crazy we are all due the same day! I have a scan scheduled Friday. I'm nervous & very excited! How about you ladies, any scans or appts coming up? I'm also going to have the cell free dna testing done at 9 weeks.

I had an ultrasound on Thursday and we saw a heartbeat! (Yay!!) I have to go for the normal early pregnancy bloodwork and I have a regular checkup this Thursday. What is the cell free DNA testing??

Yep! Was last pregnant 8 years ago. Don't have a clue what I'm doing lol!

I'm unexpectedly pregnant with#9! My oldest is almost 16 & my youngest is only 6 months! I'm going to be 40 in April. We have never had babies this close in age. I'm a bit scared!

Wow! We are almost in the same boat! My oldest is 18' youngest is 7 months (adopted) and thought I was done...this one is a huge surprise for me too! Totally nervous about having two babies under 2 at my age! (38)
Although this is number 7 for me out of my body.
Congrats on your coming number 9, that's amazing and fantastic!!

So exciting that there are so many of us!! :) we should name our little group so we can have a thread through the 3 trimesters together :)

Avalanche- my youngest turns 8 on March 8th....... It's so strange how you can do something merging a handful of time but it still feels foreign after too many years lol!!

Hi ladies :wave:

I think I'm kind of in a similar situation. By the time baby is born, my son will be 8 and my daughter will be 7. I actually always planned on having more kids, but my kids' dad and I got divorced and it threw off all my plans for expanding my family. I wasn't sure if I would ever have more, even though I wanted to.

But here I am. :haha: My OH and I have been friends for 15 years after dating in middle school and we reconnected after not speaking for a few years. I moved in with him back in 2013 and we started dating again shortly after that. Now we're engaged and expecting our first after TTC for a year :happydance:

Hope I'm able to join you all :flower:

Aw wow ! That's crazy 😆 few of us are due the same day 😊 .... I have my private scan booked for 7th Feb. .. no other appointments yet as my doctor told me I have to make contact with the midwife team when I'm 8 weeks I guess it will be all go then :) xx hope everyone's feel ok :) xxxx

I think I'm kind of in a similar situation. By the time baby is born, my son will be 8 and my daughter will be 7. I actually always planned on having more kids, but my kids' dad and I got divorced and it threw off all my plans for expanding my family. I wasn't sure if I would ever have more, even though I wanted to.

But here I am. :haha: My OH and I have been friends for 15 years after dating in middle school and we reconnected after not speaking for a few years. I moved in with him back in 2013 and we started dating again shortly after that. Now we're engaged and expecting our first after TTC for a year :happydance:

Aw that's lovely! Xxx I married my best friend of 5 years last August :) this is our first baby together too xxx

Yep! Was last pregnant 8 years ago. Don't have a clue what I'm doing lol!

Aw that's so sweet!

I'm similar, was married and trapped in a horrible marriage for years. Left him when DD was 4 and was single for nearly 2.5 years. Met OH and after a couple of months of knowing him, started dating and knew after the first date he was 'the one' and he never actually left! Stayed over ever night and on night three I found his pjs under my bed pillows so when he came over that night I said 'well you may as well move in then' :haha: we've only been together 4 months now so this is a bit of a shock but we're both so ecstatic and both of our families are really happy for us. OH cried with the reaction we got from his family as they were so happy for him.

I had an ultrasound on Thursday and we saw a heartbeat! (Yay!!) I have to go for the normal early pregnancy bloodwork and I have a regular checkup this Thursday. What is the cell free DNA testing??

It's blood work from me, but it tests for Down syndrome & a bunch of other genetic issues. It also tells you the gender. It a noninvasive way to get a lot of information. I'm considered high risk just because of my age.

I thought that's what it was. I've never done that one before. They always recommend it but I always refuse. I MIGHT do it this time.

Okay question! How many of you are using a midwife and how many are using an obgyn? I currently see an obgyn but I am contemplating switching because the first thing out of my Dr's mouth was that they would induce me a week early. I don't want to be induced. I understand their reasoning because of my age and the higher rate of still births. But I have been forced to induce with all 5 of my others and I don't want the Dr to have the control this time. I'm wondering if those of you who have seen a midwife have gotten different info from your midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->