Anyone tried a doppler yet??

missy123

Reaction score
Buying one tomorrow :happydance: I'll be 9 weeks 4 days it's says it can pick up the heartbeat by 10 weeks

I found the hb at 9 weeks and 5 days this pg, but it took ages and was very brief and quiet, so PLEASE don't panic if you can't find it for a while! For the first week or so using the Doppler it was a task finding it each time, but gradually got easier.
Even now at 15 weeks I find certain times of day more difficult - if I am bloated the other noises in my stomach tend to drown out baby, and if my bladder is full I find it more difficult. I find it best with an empty bladder and after I have emptied my bowels (tmi sorry), but you may find another way works best for you.
Try not to stress over it and go easy, the first time I tried I ended up sore because I searched for that long. Good luck xxxxx

Thanks x just want to put my mind at ease my 12 week scan isn't till August 3rd so I would love to know everything is going well

That's why I started using mine, I had a private scan at 9 weeks, and booked another for 11 weeks for the children to come with us, and got paranoid inbetween lol. I'm glad I've had it though, as my '12 week scan' was actually at 13+5, and the Doppler kept me sane while I waited xxxxx

Haha, me too! Pregnancy does strange things to us. It's mad how it suddenly becomes normal to obsess over mucus and things, and how it seems so much more acceptable to talk about diarrhoea and constipation.
It does seem to get overwhelming at times, to have a little life growing inside but not know what's going on in there, it takes away all of your control. It's a bit scary, isn't it? I don't have particularly vivid dreams while pregnant, but I've had a couple of scary ones - one where I was bleeding and scared I was miscarrying, and a very recent one where I couldn't hear anything at all on the Doppler, not even placenta noise - I was so glad to wake up and realise they were dreams. It just shows how vulnerable we feel. These forums can be really helpful at times, but they can also scare the hell out of us, and it seems so common for babies to be lost and pregnancies to end badly. It's a pretty distorted view xxxxx

I found my LO's hb @ 7w5d. Even before my first appointment :) it was really reassuring to be able to listen all the time... Good luck!

I bought a doppler but it is too early for me to use it. I was considering going for a private scan just to relax my anxiety.

Missy let me know how the doppler works out?

Moon did you like your private scan? I found a place near me that does them as early as 6 weeks. I'm almost 8 weeks and really want to see a healthy baby implanted in the right place. Lol.

I first heard it is time at 8+1 but couldn't get a reading and lost it quickly. I found after 9 weeks it became easier. Now at 11 weeks I usually find it quickly most of the time. :)

I purchased the Doppler with Dd at 11 weeks and 5 days as I was so scared for my 12 week scan as I found out I had a Mmc at my 12 week scan the time before. It was great reassurance. I even used it throughout until around 30 something weeks as some days she would seem quiet due to anterior placenta .

Good luck!

I bought one during my last pregnancy during my 7th week to ease my worrying and I found a hb at that point. But that was my 4th pregnancy and my uterus was already popping above my pubic bone. I'll try mine next week when I hit 6 1/2 weeks and see! Oh who am I kidding I'll probably try it before then! Even though my uterus isn't popping up yet this time!

Last pregnancy I found HB at 11 weeks, loud and clear. I'm anxiously waiting until I can use it again, I think I'll try at around 10 weeks, hoping not to stress myself out!

I have an anterior placenta and still haven't found it. Been trying once or twice a week. Had a scan Thursday after trying that morning so I know the baby is ok but I just can't find it.

I have an anterior placenta and still haven't found it. Been trying once or twice a week. Had a scan Thursday after trying that morning so I know the baby is ok but I just can't find it.

How frustrating but thankfully you have seen your baby..I've yet to see mine so I'm hoping this doppler will help with the anxiety x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->