Anyone tried fenugreek?

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
i'm wonder how much your supply increased with fenugreek capsules, and how many were you taking a day?

i've just ordered some and they should be in this week. i get just enough milk to feed LO for the day now and i want to start freezing some milk.

your advice will be appreciated, thanks

xx

I took fenugreek and blessed thistle at the same time, 3 of each pill 3 times a day with meals. This was in the first 2-3 weeks though as my milk came in late (day 6) and I hardly had any. It did a great job pretty quickly. I think I started to notice a difference in 4-5 days. I don't know how much it would increase the milk in someone who has an established supply though.

its not done much for me unfortunately and i'm taking 3 3times a day :(

I take 2 three times a day and milk thistle, not sure if its working as im also expressing to increase supply, my supply is increasing but not sure which or if all are contributing.

Everyones different, I've just started fenugreek & I take only 2 capsules twice a day, which works for me & did within 48 hours! The best advice I got with fenugreek was 'if you don't smell like maple syrup, up the dose'. Don't worry, you won't stink, but you'll be able to smell it in your sweat & urine if you're taking enough!

It didnt work for me but I gave my capsules to my sister and it worked for her. good luck :hugs:

I took Fenugreek very recently when my milk had all but dried up! (This from over supply!) I think it worked very well, however I've read that it only increases your milk supply if all the milk you have is used. But your body knows to produce more milk when there's high demand anyway. I made a habit of pumping any remaining milk (and for 5 - 10 minutes of nothing coming out) off after each feed, while leaving my fullest boob for the next feed. I'm not sure if it was the pumping or the Fenugreek that increased my supply or possibly both. Maybe the pumping alone would have done the trick? Who knows but I would use Fenugreek again.

I am, taking about 4 capsules a day. My supply has increased, but I'm not sure as imdoing a combination of eating porridge, encouraging baby to suckle frequently and expressing.

I've been taking Fenugreek since Bella was 2 months old and it worked wonders for my supply. She wasn't gaining enough weight in the beginning and she's doing fine now. I take 3 pills, 3 times a day and sometimes take 4 pills, 3 times a day when I get my period because my supply dips a bit.

I think I was on 3 tablets 3 times a day which is what I needed to smell like curry (never maple syrup for me!). It worked in upping my supply the first time I tried but the second time I had a very bad reaction to it and had to stop.

worked for me, i made tea with the seeds.
3 x mugs a day, That combined with pumping worked a charm :thumbup:

well it's come in the mail, guess ill see how it works in a few days!
im exclusively expressing, so i should see the difference in actual ounces

I think I was on 3 tablets 3 times a day which is what I needed to smell like curry (never maple syrup for me!). It worked in upping my supply the first time I tried but the second time I had a very bad reaction to it and had to stop.

I smell like curry too! Thought I'd end up sweet smelling and have ended up a walking biriyani :dohh:

just pumped for the first time this morning, i got 3 oz more than usual and its been less than 24 hrs since i took the first pill!

I took it and im not sure if it increased my supply much....made me smell like curry tho :sick:

I take it on and off but it really does make me stink of curry!! Maple syrup?! I don't think so... it also gives me SHOCKING wind. Even the dog leaves the room.

I take it on and off but it really does make me stink of curry!! Maple syrup?! I don't think so... it also gives me SHOCKING wind. Even the dog leaves the room.

LMAO!!!!!!!! :)

Thankfully I haven't experienced wind! (thank heavens I haven't experienced yours too, by the sound of it!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->