Anyone trying Soy Isoflavones this cycle?

I should have gotten another positive today right? but I didn't. aren't you supposed to get two days of positives? I feel something in my ovary, no EWCM though. I'm starting to think that maybe the clear blue digital was wrong?

I used them this cycle! I got a positive CB digital tonight!!!!:happydance:
My cycles range from 75 days to 170 days. I never have gotten a normal cycle. I ended my last cycle (170days) with provera. I took Soy Isoflavones CD4-CD8(cd4 150mg, cd5 150mg, cd6 200mg, cd7 200mg, cd8 200mg)...I am currently CD12 with a positive OPK and ovulation pain!!! I cant believe it. Im hoping my surge sticks and finishes the job:thumbup: GOOD LUCK LADIES :hugs:

Yay!!! I'm so glad it's working for you. :)

I wonder why it works for some people but not for others. O is currently late for me with no positive OPK. Weird.

I think if it doesn't work the first cycle, you should give it another go, maybe it was just the cycle that was wacky. Last cycle I tried them, cycle days 53 to 39, I know ur not supposed to take them that late but I figured seeing as my cycles were so long it wouldn't hurt. It did nothing for me.

I would only give soy another try if it seemed to help you ovulate but just didn't result in a bfp. Women's bodies react to supplements differently... Another idea might be to try a different brand (organic perhaps) and see if that makes a difference, but I have heard plenty of stories where soy messed up people's cycles, so if doesn't seem to be helping, I personally would try something else like vitex or clomid.

Where do you all get your soy from, in the UK? I'm struggling to understand soy contents...the ones I got previously I ended up taking 5 per day which I'd rather avoid lol

I found these...
https://www.justvitamins.co.uk/herbal-vitamin-supplements/soya-isoflavones-100mg.aspx

Are they 100mg soy? Is that 50g clomid? Would I take 2 then to make 100g clomid equivalent?

No it needs to be a soy isoflavone supplement not a soy supplement. Soy has about 0.6-2mg of isoflavone per gram. So if you are taking a soy supplement you will need 20-160grmas to get 80mg of isoflavone. I was looking at the health food shop and the highest dose of soy I could find was 500mg (ie40 pills min to get the right dose). So just be careful and make sure you get isoflavones!

Aaah I'm so confused lol

It says its a soy isoflavone supplement "..giving 100mg of actual Soya Isoflavones per tablet.."

Other than that, what about Tesco? They're 40mg I think? So is that 20mg clomid equivalent? So I'd need to take 4 for an 80mg clomid equipment dose??

Apparently soy can give you false positives on opks so it's best to do both opks and bbt. I started soy yesterday 120mg. Feeling really great!

Sorry I didn't even look at your link! Sounds like you have the right one. 100mg would be a reasonable dose to take. Yes it's double the dose of clomid!
Good luck, I have ordered mine, fingers crossed they work!

This was my second month using them. It brought o up from CD 27.to cd20 last cycle ( took 80 80 120 160 160 days 3~7 and this cycle, I went away in the beginningand forgot them so I ended up taking 120 on very then took 160 200 days 7~9. I knew you couldn't take them after very so I got 3 doses in and not in a row and I honestly didn't think it would work but it brought o up another 2/3 days (there's a discrepancy on what day I o'd either CD 17 or 18. Gonna take them next cycle as well days 2~ 7 doing 120 160 160 200 200, hoping to finally o around CD.14. I live them! I haven't gotten bfp but just oing normally us greet! Good luck!

I am trying soy this cycle today is my second day. Im doing it this cycle from 5 -9 trying it out see if it makes me ovulate . I've read that you will ovulate anywhere from 5-10 days after last dose I've been taking 160mg will do that until day 2 then will take 240mg because my pills are 80mg a piece so adding another pill makes 240 ... I was going to take votes but decided to try soy. Im also taking 1000mcg of folic acid and b complex witch the folic acid dosage includes me taking the b complex which has folic acid .I would love to know if soy works for you guys.. So keep posting when I get a bfp I will post it

Correction ..I will take 160mg until day 9 and then take 240mg that day

Hmmmm... soy does not seem to be working for me. I am on CD 23 and haven't gotten a positive OPK yet (last month I O'd on CD 20). I am hoping that I manage to O this cycle, but I think this will be my last soy experiment. I hope it works for the rest of you!!!

Hi girls, I'm thinking about trying this next cycle. I didn't ovulate until CD32 this cycle (currently CD40) and didn't ovulate at all last cycle (I took provera to induce my period). What brand should I be looking for or does it matter? Thanks!

Tried soy this cycle, did 80mg for days 5-9 as I lately have been having 42 day cycles so not ovulating (if I ovulate?) until CD28/29 ish...so just wanted to ovulate sooner.

While taking them I got pretty bad headaches, but I am used to headaches from hormonal fluccuations (got them while on BC too). Other than that I totally noticed the effect of extra estrogens as my skin cleared up, my boobs looks amazing and I felt all feminine and glowy.

It's CD 16 now and I have been having ewcm for 3 days now and have had other symptoms of being fertile (like massive attraction towards my DH lol) so hopefully I get a spike in my temps and then a BFP!

I thought days 5-9 kept your ov date as normal or slightly late? I read that 1-5 or 2-6 were best to bring ov forward? This is so confusing :/

The information I read made it seem like people tended to ovulate ~10 days after the last dose or so? So then by that logic days 5-9 would have me ovulating around CD19 which is just over a week beforehand...and so far my symptoms would be having me ovulate sooner than that anyway.

I think if you had a more regular/normal cycle then yeah days 5-9 wouldn't bring forward ovulation, but anything longer it would?

If this works in bringing ovulation but not a bfp I'll probably do days 3-7 next cycle.

I took it 2-6 and haven't O'vd yet... I am on cd 20....

I'm currently on cd 7 and my 4th day of taking soy and I feel great! I've been taking it during the day also. No headaches, but I must say, been having the best sleeps of my life on this stuff!!

Hi Ladies. I took the same amounts as Kesh and Pips. I O usually around CD 19-22. I got my first positive OPK today, was Neg yesterday. Finished the Soy Iso on CD 7 I believe. My pos OPK is 8 days earlier than last month. Hoping its not a false neg.

I've never heard of a false negative opk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"